Donald Trump

Comments

• pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,983
    Robert88 wrote:
    The Nobel prize in literature 2018 will not be awarded. Because of sex scandals.

How does reflect on the Peace Prize for which Trump is a nominee?
    Spreading the “love”?
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,651
    Robert88 wrote:
    The Nobel prize in literature 2018 will not be awarded. Because of sex scandals.

Not sure, but that nomination will annoy some people. And if he wins it...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,930
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Robert88 wrote:

... I will be trying to soothe my aching ribs. :lol::lol:
  • Stevo_666
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Robert88 wrote:

... I will be trying to soothe my aching ribs. :lol::lol:
    If only we could vote. I've never seen spontaneous self righteous human combustion before :D
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,204
    World Cup 2026 to Morocco then as a massive eff you to der Drumpf? If only we could vote...
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,930
    orraloon wrote:
    World Cup 2026 to Morocco then as a massive eff you to der Drumpf? If only we could vote...

Yeah that'd really show him, yeah!

As much use as the gathering of the self righteous on July 13 when Trump visits.

Jeez this place will be deserted then when you all take to the streets. Anyone started colouring in their banners yet?
  • Stevo_666
    Ballysmate wrote:
    orraloon wrote:

As much use as the gathering of the self righteous on July 13 when Trump visits.

Jeez this place will be deserted then when you all take to the streets. Anyone started colouring in their banners yet?
    I've got some crayons if anyone wants to borrow them.
  • orraloon
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    orraloon wrote:

Pictures only, as the tangerine Dotard can't read.
  • Stevo_666
    orraloon wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    orraloon wrote:

He wouldn't be reading them anyway. But I dont suppose reading ability is necessary to be nominated for a Nobel peace prize.
  • pblakeney
    Thought I'd look at weapons used in the USA for murder. No surprise that guns win hand down.
    What is shocking is how they separate gun types to make the result more spread out.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/195 ... apon-used/
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,106
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    orraloon wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    orraloon wrote:

He wouldn't be reading them anyway. But I dont suppose reading ability is necessary to be nominated for a Nobel peace prize.
    There are literally no criteria for nomination, only limitations on who can make a nomination. TBH, the record of recipients is already pretty shaky, so one more dubious recipient would be in keeping. I think he probably would need to not start something between Iran and Israel if he does actually want to win.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • Stevo_666
    rjsterry wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    orraloon wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    orraloon wrote:

There are literally no criteria for nomination, only limitations on who can make a nomination. TBH, the record of recipients is already pretty shaky, so one more dubious recipient would be in keeping. I think he probably would need to not start something between Iran and Israel if he does actually want to win.
    I guess it was only was only matter of time before previous Nobel peace prize recipients and the process of choosing them were going to get pre-emptively slated on here :)
  • robert88
    robert88 Posts: 2,696
    Best Nobel winner comment? Obama: "I've no idea why I have got this thing" .

Trump will be as modest, no doubting it.
  • pblakeney
    Robert88 wrote:

To be fair, you can't criticise the guy for taking something given. You do have to question those doing the nominating. I apply that equally between Obama and Trump to avoid confusion. Modesty though... not something Trump recognises.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • Stevo_666
    Robert88 wrote:

Regardless of that, If he does get it then I hope people on here will give credit where credit is due :)
  • rjsterry
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    orraloon wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    orraloon wrote:

I guess it was only was only matter of time before previous Nobel peace prize recipients and the process of choosing them were going to get pre-emptively slated on here :)
    No different from pre-emptively celebrating when he's only been nominated ;)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• Stevo_666
    rjsterry wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    orraloon wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    orraloon wrote:

No different from pre-emptively celebrating when he's only been nominated ;)
    I couldn't care less whether he gets it or not, the only fun to be had from it is seeing the reaction on here :)
  • robert88
    robert88 Posts: 2,696
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Frankly my dear blah blah..

But more pre-emptive stuff, my nomination is that Kim Jong Un should share the Nobel with Trump (and any one else who can get in on it).

It might be said that Kim is too nasty, having shot his uncle with a cannon, but hey, a dictator has gotta do what it takes. Trump understands that.

And having got the Peace Prize Trump can then carry on with his Middle East peace process with added authority. What's the problem?
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    orraloon wrote:

MF lent his to Frank Wilson and he ate them.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Robert88 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Frankly my dear blah blah..
    I'm sure you don't. Some people however, very much do :wink:
  • orraloon
    Dotard again showing sensivity, this time about Bataclan. Makes you proud does it not?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-44017172
  • Stevo_666
    orraloon wrote:
    Dotard again showing sensivity, this time about Bataclan. Makes you proud does it not?

Why, are you American?
  • rjsterry
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    orraloon wrote:

Why, are you American?

Have to agree, people are giving way too much importance to every half-witted utterance.
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,163
    rjsterry wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    orraloon wrote:

Why, are you American?

Have to agree, people are giving way too much importance to every half-witted utterance.

The problem is the influence the leader of the US has on politics in the rest of the world though surely?
  • Stevo_666
    Pross wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    orraloon wrote:

Why, are you American?

The problem is the influence the leader of the US has on politics in the rest of the world though surely?
    Point is, he's American. Not ours to be proud or ashamed of - assuming most of us on here are not Americans. Same for any other foreign leader really.
  • Stevo_666
    edited May 2018
    rjsterry wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    orraloon wrote:

Why, are you American?

If we included every bad or stupid action/utterance of every foreign head of state it would be a very busy thread. It seems to be a bit of a badge of honour to be seen getting carried away slating this particular one.
  • Because he is one that challenges the establishment, slate him more!
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Because he is one that challenges the establishment, slate him more!

no he doesn't.he is the epitome of business culture - so much money that he thinks he can do what he wants and if people don't like it he just pays them off a la Stormy and the others..

unfortunately some people are too dumb to see this. This makes MF sad.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • You cite Guardian? They're pretty biased...

Iran is not a diplomatic player, many countries in the middle East know how to play diplomatically. For example, Saudi Arabia has a lot of oil that is vital to the economy and national security- we buy oil from them. The Saudis also buy things back from us, supporting British jobs. So, there is no motive for invasions or sanctions because they are business partners and not enemies.

Iran is too busy threatening Israel and building nukes covertly to wipe it off the planet. Furthermore, Iran also indulges in proxy warfare and has ideological goals to further the radical form of religion called Shiaism. They have a backwards view on women and gays, so they deserve any sanctions coming towards them.