Donald Trump

Comments

• ayjaycee
    ayjaycee Posts: 1,277
    WiznaeMe wrote:
    Jon Sopel said on BBC news last night that Trumps threat at the UN to totally wipe out NK has made Kim Jong Un take steps to peace. Is it possible that Trump has actually made something positive happen?

Probably not.

I'd personally say that it was the Russians and Chinese telling had Kim to stop being a plonker

Agreed and, if the reports are true, the fact that the underground facility where North Korea tests its nukes is caving in and threatening to collapse the mountain completely leaving a very large glowing hole. We also need to take into consideration that Donald is still a total and utter CUNextTuesday and always will be. You can't polish a turd, especially not one as big as him
    Cannondale Synapse Carbon Ultegra
    Kinesis Racelight 4S
    Specialized Allez Elite (Frame/Forks for sale)
    Specialized Crosstrail Comp Disk (For sale)
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Ben6899 wrote:
    I understand the US health system is a bit different to the NHS.

I.e. there isn't one.

I have just spoken to a friend who is a civvies paramedic.

Put it this way, they seem to have run out of ideas on how to keep everything rolling,

But hey - you've got blue passports .....
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,651
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    I dunno. Having big boobies gives you something else to play with.
    If I had big boobies I'd never get out the shower. :oops:
    I'd look ridiculous though.
    Keep eating all those curries and biscuits & other crap and your wish could come true :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,770
    So this week so far in Trumpland:

He made another crazy speech
    He got upset by some jokes
    Scott Pruitt still has a job - I forget which scandals he's had this week
    His team leaked the questions Mueller wants to ask him
    He got upset that Mueller leaked the questions
    His former health secretary says the tax bill will drive up health costs
    Marco Rubio says the tax bill benefits corporate shareholders, not workers
    It's reported that: Kelly called him an idiot
    He wanted to withdraw all troops from S Korea
    He promised to get out of Afghanistan to get Rand Paul to confirm Pompeo
    Michael Cohen used to represent some Slippin Jimmy type scam artists
    His bodyguard took his medical records from his doctor
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    So a relatively quiet week then?
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Matthewfalle
    cooldad wrote:

And it's only Wednesday......

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • robert88
    robert88 Posts: 2,696
    Ben6899 wrote:
    I understand the US health system is a bit different to the NHS.

I.e. there isn't one.

I have just spoken to a friend who is a civvies paramedic.

Put it this way, they seem to have run out of ideas on how to keep everything rolling,

But hey - you've got blue passports .....

Thanks. I just saw a business opportunity. Watch ebay.
  • kingstongraham
    cooldad wrote:

And it's only Wednesday......

Yes, that's all since Sunday night.

Not forgetting, NO COLLUSION!
  • PhilipPirrip
    PhilipPirrip Posts: 616
    Rudy Giuliani, a great defense lawyer for the prosecution.

Giuliani states Trump did pay Cohen to pay Stormy, counter to all Trump's explanations and insisting it wasn't campaign money - yeah, right.

Giuliani states Trump did fire Comey because of the Russia investigation, counter to Trump's current explanation and suggesting obstruction of justice.

Giuliani is off the Trump defense team in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...
  • kingstongraham
    I'm shocked to the core that he'd lie like that.
  • ayjaycee
    ayjaycee Posts: 1,277
    I'm shocked to the core that he'd lie like that.

What, Slipping Donny? Shurely shome mishtake!
    Cannondale Synapse Carbon Ultegra
    Kinesis Racelight 4S
    Specialized Allez Elite (Frame/Forks for sale)
    Specialized Crosstrail Comp Disk (For sale)
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,400
    Rudy Giuliani, a great defense lawyer for the prosecution.

Giuliani states Trump did pay Cohen to pay Stormy, counter to all Trump's explanations and insisting it wasn't campaign money - yeah, right.

Giuliani states Trump did fire Comey because of the Russia investigation, counter to Trump's current explanation and suggesting obstruction of justice.

Giuliani is off the Trump defense team in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...
    Trump has now said the same thing about the payment.

Sounding a bit like another president now... "I did not have sexual relations with that woman"

"no wait, maybe I did"....
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,400
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-43987902 BBC link.

But it wasn't campaign money so the fact he lied about it then changed his mind doesn't matter.
  • schlepcycling
    schlepcycling Posts: 1,614
    bobmcstuff wrote:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-43987902 BBC link.

But it wasn't campaign money so the fact he lied about it then changed his mind doesn't matter.
    Unless the original payment by Cohen with a view to reimbursement by Trump is considered a loan to the Trump campaign then that breaks campaign finance laws.
    'Hello to Jason Isaacs'
  • dinyull
    dinyull Posts: 2,979
    It seems like:
    I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody, and I wouldn't lose any voters.

is one of the few true statements he's ever made.

Teflon Don.
  • kingstongraham
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... 1df4ced9c4

Another Giuliani interview. He can't be this much of an idiot can he?
  • surrey_commuter
    surrey_commuter Posts: 18,867

I read that as Giuliani laying out the new story after Cohen got his collar felt. Trump so rich and busy that he was not told about the payment that Cohen made off his own bat and that Trump then paid him back from his own funds without knowing what the extra payments were for.

So long as there is no smoking gun that sounds plausible enough to do the job.
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    Errr..... since when has plausibility been anything to do with it?
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    bompington wrote:
    Errr..... since when has plausibility been anything to do with it?

They have mid terms coming up so quite a lot.
  • Matthewfalle

I read that as Giuliani laying out the new story after Cohen got his collar felt. Trump so rich and busy that he was not told about the payment that Cohen made off his own bat and that Trump then paid him back from his own funds without knowing what the extra payments were for.

Yup - it's Giuliani laying out a new story to cover the Dotard and at the same time putting Stormy down a little bit.

Giuliani isn't an idiot - seasoned political veteran, yes. He knows what he is doing.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • robert88

"People settle things all the time just to get rid of harassment. The amount of money tells me this was a harassment settlement. "

Plausible? That sounds like total bollocks to me.
  • surrey_commuter

Yup - it's Giuliani laying out a new story to cover the Dotard and at the same time putting Stormy down a little bit.

Giuliani isn't an idiot - seasoned political veteran, yes. He knows what he is doing.[/quote

Exactly- people being too dismissive because he works for Trump
  • robert88

Giuliani isn't an idiot - seasoned political veteran, yes. He knows what he is doing.[/quote

Exactly- people being too dismissive because he works for Trump

He's a loud-mouthed braggart who doesn't do subtle. As Daniels' lawyer says, 'a gift', Trump has himself a loose cannon.

Now we might ask how long Huckabee is going to go on deflecting the slings and arrows in Trump's outrageous sea of troubles?
  • robert88
    ps reality TV, eat your heart out.
  • kingstongraham
    Robert88 wrote:

Now we might ask how long Huckabee is going to go on deflecting the slings and arrows in Trump's outrageous sea of troubles?

She looked uncomfortable yesterday. Basically, "when you lied before, did you know you were lieing, or did trump lie to you?".

On giuliani, I guess if he's not that stupid, he must think that everyone else is.
  • surrey_commuter
    Robert88 wrote:

She looked uncomfortable yesterday. Basically, "when you lied before, did you know you were lieing, or did trump lie to you?".

On giuliani, I guess if he's not that stupid, he must think that everyone else is.

Never admit anything and offer a "plausible" explanation

In cycling terms this is Brailsford/Wiggins with the jiffy bag. A short look around this parish will find you plenty of people happy to believe something they want to believe.
  • Matthewfalle
    Robert88 wrote:

In cycling terms this is Brailsford/Froome with the salbutamol. A short look around this parish will find you plenty of people happy to believe something they want to believe.

FTFY

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • kingstongraham
    Robert88 wrote:

In cycling terms this is Brailsford/Wiggins with the jiffy bag. A short look around this parish will find you plenty of people happy to believe something they want to believe.

Trump sounds like he might be throwing him under the bus already. "Rudy is a great guy but he started a day ago - he'll get his facts straight".
  • Matthewfalle
    Going on that, Rudy's gone. Boooooooooom.

Will he be out quicker than the Moosh?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • robert88
    The Nobel prize in literature 2018 will not be awarded. Because of sex scandals.

How does reflect on the Peace Prize for which Trump is a nominee?