Donald Trump

Comments

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,201
    FishFish wrote:
    I think that he is the elected president of the USA.
    Clever fishie.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Nice that Blair is getting drawn into this as well, question is why would Blair as a 'relative nobody' be mentioned if there wasn't some truth in him being involved, plus Blair does have 'previous' and would do almost anything to Keep himself and his wife in filthy lucre and the headlines.

FTfY
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Woolf's book release accelerated apparently. Tomorrow now, not Tuesday, (electronically at least).

Late night for lawyers...
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 19,540
    Woolf's book release accelerated apparently. Tomorrow now, not Tuesday, (electronically at least).

Late night for lawyers...
    A nice way of both profiting from Trump's publicity-generating action, and showing Trump the middle finger at the same time.

Wolff's accuracy is being questioned, but there was a rather good tweet I saw earlier:

tweet.png

It's still quite hard to believe that this is the US, and real, playing in real time in front of our very eyes.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,102
    As John Sopel said, "Even if only 50%of it is true..."
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    orraloon wrote:
    FishFish wrote:
    Clever fishie.

It was sarcasm - did you not see that?
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • robert88
    robert88 Posts: 2,696
    FishFish wrote:
    orraloon wrote:
    FishFish wrote:
    Clever fishie.

It was sarcasm - did you not see that?

Indeed we did. 'How clever to use sarcasm' we thought. Orraloon is our spokesposterperson.
  • dinyull
    dinyull Posts: 2,979
    rjsterry wrote:
    As John Sopel said, "Even if only 50%of it is true..."

The fact that the White House banned any mobile phone and recording devices from the West Wing yesterday would suggest that Trump's on a hiding to nothing re. trying to get the book canned.

And Wolff has come out himself saying he has recordings....
  • FishFish
    Do you think that a visitor would be allowed to take a mobile or recording device into 10 Downing St? (*) No they would not - so why do you think that banning them from the West Wing is a response?

(* - check the website)

• FishFish wrote:
    Do you think that a visitor would be allowed to take a mobile or recording device into 10 Downing St? (*) No they would not - so why do you think that banning them from the West Wing is a response?

(* - check the website)

What about a journalist?
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    edited January 2018
    FishFish wrote:

(* - check the website)
    Mobile phones are already banned in certain sensitive areas of the WH, the new ban is a knee jerk from a paranoid admin, nothing more, nothing less. The info allegedly being leaked is purely about the dysfunction within the white house, not national security leaks
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • bianchimoon
    The unfortunate thing is, the one person that should have his phone confiscated gets to keep his and compromise national security
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • dinyull
    dinyull Posts: 2,979
    FishFish wrote:

(* - check the website)

My point was, he recorded a lot (if not all) of his interviews.
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    Don't confuse the poor bot.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,201
    Isn't it ironic, don't you think, a little too ironic...
  • FishFish
    Robert88 wrote:
    FishFish wrote:
    Donald Trump is doing a great job.

Trump keeps his medical report secret.

So does everyone - not a bad idea really.

• rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    FishFish wrote:
    Robert88 wrote:
    FishFish wrote:

Do you think the same about him keeping his tax returns secret? He is the US president. That's not the same as "everyone".
    Faster than a tent.......
  • I'm wondering if the actor reading the audio book version managed to keep from laughing.
  • I'm wondering if the actor reading the audio book version managed to keep from laughing.
    the book is number 1 on amazon. that's got to hurt!
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    I'm wondering if the actor reading the audio book version managed to keep from laughing.
    the book is number 1 on amazon. that's got to hurt!

AMAZON FAKE NEWS
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • robert88
    robert88 Posts: 2,696
    FishFish wrote:
    Robert88 wrote:
    FishFish wrote:

Not so, Fishydiddles. Obama, for example, did not.
  • FishFish
    Well if you think everyone should then fine with me. Are you a pensioner?

• As long as he can release another letter from his doctor saying that he is the fittest person in the world, everyone should be fine with that.
  • bianchimoon
    He can make up whatever he likes about his health and his doc can't contradict it, he's got that one sussed, i'll give him that
  • briantrumpet
    Everyone on Bike Radar who can unleash nuclear war with a very big button that works shouldn't be suffering a degenerative brain disease, or mentally unstable, and should release their medical assessment to prove their fitness to kill millions, yes.
  • briantrumpet
    As long as he can release another letter from his doctor saying that he is the fittest person in the world, everyone should be fine with that.
    He's also got one of the best memories of anyone in the world, and never repeats himself.
  • briantrumpet
    As long as he can release another letter from his doctor saying that he is the fittest person in the world, everyone should be fine with that.
    He's also got one of the best memories of anyone in the world, and never repeats himself.
  • briantrumpet
    What I think is really mentally unstable is people that don’t see the positive impact that this president is having on the country. The economy is booming, we’re crushing ISIS, day after day things are getting better for Americans all over this country. And I think it’s really sad that these people don’t see that, and that they’re not celebrating and trying to join in the president’s efforts to turn our country around.

I wasn't sure whether to post this here, or in the Brexit thread. If only I could look on the bright side of Trump/Brexit. I guess I must be mentally unstable.
  • briantrumpet
    A rather fun bit of writing from someone whose allegiance is with the GOP...

https://www.thedailybeast.com/bannon-ba ... ia=desktop
    Bannon fronts like Karl von Clausewitz but delivers like George Costanza. Bannon is a terrible, horrible, no-good political strategist; he seeks out the dumbest common-denominator garbage candidates he can find and tries to elevate them using breathless Breitbart pieces praising them as the True Voice of The Conservative Revolution… until, of course, they lose or he abandons them. [...] One of the most cringeworthy aspects of the Trump era is the mental and moral gymnastics required of conservatives to Trump-splain every new feud, screw-up, and absurdity. By Thursday afternoon, many were slamming Bannon as an apostate to the Trump faith. Matt Drudge, the wellspring of the right’s media ecosystem, has gone into full-throttle hate mode, running headline after headline slamming Bannon. Rush Limbaugh and his lesser imitators joined in the Bannon-bashing and even professional lunatic Alex Jones had the knives out for his former ally.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    New York Magazine has come out and declared they believe Trump is suffering from dementia.