Mad_Malx Posts: 5,160
    Lizzie
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    God that was good.

Well done, Lizzie!
  • adr82
    adr82 Posts: 4,002
    Very absorbing last few k there, great job by Lizzie to win that after the too-early attack on the climb!
  • Wow, tactic brilliance there. well done! What a great race.
  • Mad_Malx
    Excellent finish there.
    Congrats to Lizzie
  • YASSSSS LIZZIE!!!
    It's not so much about winning, I just hate losing.
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    Wow, that was a ballsy ride. Giving it a go twice in the closing stages, then leading the whole bunch out with her chin on her shoulder waiting for everyone to go and still beating them to the line.
  • Lizzie - too soon

Thought so too, but she caused the selection, then eased off and saved her powder, very, very cool.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • Armitstead looked so strong throughout, can't believe she wasn't in that move and I thought that was that. Van der Breggen going early probably saved the day? What a performance from Armitstead! Takes something to show your strength so early and often and still pull it off
  • Mad_Malx
    Didn't see earlier races, but not bad coverage today?
    Boardman and other guy ok I thought.
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,382
    edited September 2015
    What a fantastic and enthralling last 10km. Ice cool ride by Lizzie in the final, much cooler than me shouting at the TV!
  • Elizabeth Armitstead in Rainbow. Well done!!
    Giant Trance X 2010
    Specialized Tricross Sport
    My Dad's old racer
    Trek Marlin 29er 2012
  • Mad_Malx
    Dutchy in second looking very disappointed.
  • Didn't see earlier races, but not bad coverage today?
    Boardman and other guy ok I thought.

pictures were much better than yesterday. Would have liked to see the bunch a little more to get an idea of where they suddenly appeared from. Who did most of the work to bring it back? We saw a bit of the Netherlands, I guess the break slowing was the real reason.
  • adr82
    adr82 Posts: 4,002
    I think she was 2nd in the ITT too, probably understandable :P
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    Yeah, still not nearly enough pictures of the various groups at the most important times of the race (which oddly probably added to the excitement), but at least the pictures were unfrozen more often than not.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,449
    Mad_Malx doing a sterling job there of ruling Armitstead and the other favourites out over and over. And over. Again. :lol::wink:

Amazing ride by Armitstead, she did well to keep her cool and be patient in the hope that it would come back together then used her strength astutely to rid the group of any pure sprinters before unleashing a race winning sprint. Fantastic stuff.

Women's racing is boring, right?
  • Mad_Malx
    I think she was 2nd in the ITT too, probably understandable :P

Definitely understandable. Just checked - second in tt by 3 seconds.
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx doing a sterling job there of ruling Armitstead and the other favourites out over and over. And over. Again. :lol::wink:

Amazing ride by Armitstead, she did well to keep her cool and be patient in the hope that it would come back together then used her strength astutely to rid the group of any pure sprinters before unleashing a race winning sprint. Fantastic stuff.

I said curtains once, rest of posts were factual.
  • Mad_Malx
    ^think I missed your comments?
  • Mad_Malx

Was thinking the same. Back in the olympics the women's was the better race, I thought.
  • Great last 20k, great winner.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • thegibdog
    thegibdog Posts: 2,106
    Stopped watching the live coverage with 20km to go as my wife wanted to watch Strictly, planning to watch the recording afterwards. Tuned back in to hear God Save the Queen being played - still, the last lap was a good watch. Looked like Armitstead was going to lose it even though I knew she'd won, she played that finale really well and was clearly the strongest rider.
  • Anyone watching the women's race in HD with ability to rewind? Very odd question but was that a fish on the road just before they turned right onto the climb around 101km to go?? Seemed to be something flapping about in the manner of a fish out of water in the middle of the road but couldn''t make out what it was on my TV!

Looked like some rubbish whipped up by the wind (in HD Slo mo), in real time it did look like it was alive.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,570
    it was good because the lead group gave up for no apparent reason. i'd guess that whopping 10km in a front group was just too much for them.

lets face it, there was one rider who was a million miles better than anyone else in that race and there was a further million miles between the next 5 or so and the rest
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • thegibdog
    thegibdog Posts: 2,106
    it was good because the lead group gave up for no apparent reason. i'd guess that whopping 10km in a front group was just too much for them.
    You sure it wasn't because some riders refused to work and the others didn't want to carry them to the line?
  • gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,605
    What a win

And the way she just burst into tears as she crossed the line. Some rider.
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • Crampeur
    Crampeur Posts: 1,065

lets face it, there was one rider who was a million miles better than anyone else in that race and there was a further million miles between the next 5 or so and the rest

Have you ever seen a bike race before?
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    I think that my PTP challenge is now dead. That's what matters here. Lizzie blah, blah etc. not important
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,605
    I think that my PTP challenge is now dead. That's what matters here. Lizzie blah, blah etc. not important

That's may be why she burst into tears. She knew what it meant....
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.