• Sagan only shipped 29'. What a G
    Giant Trance X 2010
    Specialized Tricross Sport
    My Dad's old racer
    Trek Marlin 29er 2012
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,564
    Daniel Lloyd ‏@daniellloyd1 1h1 hour ago

The person I would most like to see win today's stage is Steve Cummings ---> he's an old mate.

He was also very long odds last night.

Well I bet Dan is happy.

I bet he is, he got 300-1!

Great win for Cummings, really happy for him and MTN.
    CKNLiulUsAAaCTO.png:large

Is that his or yours Rich?
  • Movistar heading for 2/3 podium
    Giant Trance X 2010
    Specialized Tricross Sport
    My Dad's old racer
    Trek Marlin 29er 2012
  • professeur
    professeur Posts: 232
    What a great finish - something for everyone there. I was pleased enough when I thought Bardet had it and then along comes Cummings...

Looking forward to Quintana having a few more digs next week - he's still just about close enough to keep things interesting.
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    Cummings is really trying not to cry in his interview with Ned.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,157
  • Pross
    Didn't like Froome's wheelsucking and then sprinting away. Bit of a poor show.

Yeah, thought he'd just roll in on his wheel. Think it was just a bit of psychology 'you threw your best at me and I still gained time on you'.
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    Contador and Valverde, behind Froomtana, both looking for a wheel to suck was pretty funny.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • imatfaal
    imatfaal Posts: 2,716
    My history of the Tour and knowledge of stats is pretty poor - but what is the best performance of a wild card team; a stage win and four days holding KOM jersey seems a pretty good result so far for MTN-Q
  • Pross
    Contador and Valverde, behind Froomtana, both looking for a wheel to suck was pretty funny.

I liked the bit where Valverde suddenly appeared to realise he had a team mate ahead and therefore a valid excuse.
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    My history of the Tour and knowledge of stats is pretty poor - but what is the best performance of a wild card team; a stage win and four days holding KOM jersey seems a pretty good result so far for MTN-Q

I think Lemond's terrible squad winning in 1989 probably puts them in the shade
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Joy for cycling fans globally with a stage such as this. A million times better than the GC battle on the Queen stage.

Lots of joy for Cummings on here yet only one of you had him in your squad:
    viewtopic.php?f=40002&t=13013600&p=19428760&hilit=Cummings#p19428760
    Nice job smithy21

I am a big fan and am super pleased for him and his team. MTN are a super team and put many of the WT teams combined to shame. Cummings making it rain since leaving Sky and it is telling that he says as much (although not explicitly) in his interview. Proper win as well with no riding wheels BS, just powering through to the finish.

Great effort from Sagan (surprised he didnt go on the descent to gain some time), nice move from Bardet (great style climbing) and I enjoyed watching Pinot claw his way back. Annoying watching the others ride FDJ wheels for so long though.

On the GC front, congratulations Quintana on the early move and sustained finish, Valverde showing his talent once again, Contador looking laboured but moving up slowly, glad Geraint dropped down and very pleased that loser TJ dropped down. Nibali looking a little better and moving up the GC. Froome is just incredibly ugly on the bike and has one of the worst styles as a climber I have ever seen, then he tops it off with showing zero class sprinting passed Quintana on the line. Really hope he get smoked in the Alps.

Was looking forward to this stage and it didn't disappoint. Stunning scenery too.

Contador is the Greatest
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,812
    Didn't like Froome's wheelsucking and then sprinting away. Bit of a poor show.

Yeah, thought he'd just roll in on his wheel. Think it was just a bit of psychology 'you threw your best at me and I still gained time on you'.

I thought it was also because he could see Valverde quickly closing them down, plus the psychological edge.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • disgruntledgoat
    Made up for Cummings, the forgotten man of British cycling in the last 10 years or so.

Really enjoyed that stage, had everything. Contador looked absolutely knackered with about 2km to go, really laboured and how evil is Valverde, half wheeling him for about 200m?
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
    now that was a stage that had it all, great scenery, great finale, ace all over.

Also just how much testosterone can one kenyan have in such a scrawny body?
  • disgruntledgoat
    Joy for cycling fans globally with a stage such as this. A million times better than the GC battle on the Queen stage.

Lots of joy for Cummings on here yet only one of you had him in your squad:
    viewtopic.php?f=40002&t=13013600&p=19428760&hilit=Cummings#p19428760
    Nice job smithy21

I am a big fan and am super pleased for him and his team. MTN are a super team and put many of the WT teams combined to shame. Cummings making it rain since leaving Sky and it is telling that he says as much (although not explicitly) in his interview. Proper win as well with no riding wheels BS, just powering through to the finish.

Great effort from Sagan (surprised he didnt go on the descent to gain some time), nice move from Bardet (great style climbing) and I enjoyed watching Pinot claw his way back. Annoying watching the others ride FDJ wheels for so long though.

On the GC front, congratulations Quintana on the early move and sustained finish, Valverde showing his talent once again, Contador looking laboured but moving up slowly, glad Geraint dropped down and very pleased that loser TJ dropped down. Nibali looking a little better and moving up the GC. Froome is just incredibly ugly on the bike and has one of the worst styles as a climber I have ever seen, then he tops it off with showing zero class sprinting passed Quintana on the line. Really hope he get smoked in the Alps.

Was looking forward to this stage and it didn't disappoint. Stunning scenery too.

I love when Frenchie talks street.

@gietvangent
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,157
    Watching Froome sprint is like watching a camel rollerskate.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • disgruntledgoat
    I also love Bardet giving the full "zut alors!" in the background there.

@gietvangent
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    So riders riding to power is okay sometimes, I guess.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642

Yep, not for lack of effort he didnt win either. Although maybe there was some time lost due to not wanting to ride with Pinot.

Pretty ridiculous that he has that sort of sprint on him isn't it. Definitely nothing like a pure climber.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    My men are both officially idiots.

Which are yours?

Peanut and Barman?

The two idiots? Aye, that'll be them.

Fair fucks to Cummings though.
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • disgruntledgoat

Yep, not for lack of effort he didnt win either. Although maybe there was some time lost due to not wanting to ride with Pinot.

Pretty ridiculous that he has that sort of sprint on him isn't it. Definitely nothing like a pure climber.

Touch unfair, he's sprinting against Quintana not Cavendish, I've never seen either of them sprint for anything before.

He put me in mind of Abdoujaparov, style-wise. Especially the suicide launch across the road.

@gietvangent
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,194
    Froome saying a spectator threw a cup of urine in his face during the stage.

Disgusting.

I hope the click-bait writing journos and bloggers and twitter idiots are happy with themselves.
  • imatfaal
    imatfaal Posts: 2,716
    Damn - some "fan" chucked a beaker of urine in Chris Froome's face whilst screaming Doper at him.

That is the upshot of scandalous gutter journalism . Disgraceful I hope that the TV cameras or another fan got a photo of him and the Gendarmes can find the nasty fool that did it
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,624
    Valverde's got some form. Almost bridged to Quintana and Froome.
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    So Porte's been punched, Froome's had p*ss thrown in his face.

This is not acceptable. It's assault. What's it going to be like on the Alpe?

:shock:
    Correlation is not causation.
  • disgruntledgoat

Disgusting.

I hope the click-bait writing journos and bloggers and twitter idiots are happy with themselves.

I'm really getting down on the Tour recently. What other race do the idiots come out like that for?

@gietvangent
  • Turfle
    edited July 2015
    Journalists and twitter scientists ("90% sure Froome is doping") getting the mob riled up. It was always going to happen.
  • Turfle

Disgusting.

I'm really getting down on the Tour recently. What other race do the idiots come out like that for?

Honestly, I'm getting down on cycling fans.
  • However one may feel about CF, throwing a glass of urine in his face is absolutely not on. Disgusting. I trust the organisers and Police will be dealing with that reprehensible individual.