TdF Stage 14 - Rodez -> Mende **SPOILERS**

Comments

• Lichtblick
    Lichtblick Posts: 1,434
    Wouldn't Sagan in the Green again in Paris be enough for his boss/es?

Here's another Q: Since Froome now has nearly 3 minutes over his nearest in the Yellow, then nearly 4 minutes over Valverde and over 4 minutes over Contador, how likely is it that he (Froome) will lose the Yellow, assuming no crash or illness? I realise there's a long way to go yet including the Alps, but those are significant margins already, yes?
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    Sagan doing his homework. Taking a look at the stage profile back at the car, collecting some back-seat motivation from Oleg.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • imatfaal
    imatfaal Posts: 2,716
    Re: Sagan, does it matter that he hasn't won a stage yet, when he's leading the Green Jersey by 305 points to Greipel's 261?
    Probably matters to him... it's been a couple of years since he's won a stage and it's not for lack of trying!

I expect it matters to Stumpy Oleg McNo-legs too, who'll probably have something to say if Sagan doesn't take at least one stage.

Owner is in the team car today - just what you want...
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,157
    Here's another Q: Since Froome now has nearly 3 minutes over his nearest in the Yellow, then nearly 4 minutes over Valverde and over 4 minutes over Contador, how likely is it that he (Froome) will lose the Yellow, assuming no crash or illness? I realise there's a long way to go yet including the Alps, but those are significant margins already, yes?
    Well he's about 1/10 at most bookies. So even without discounting crashes and illness, they reckon the chances of him of him losing it are around 9%. A little low if you ask me, but not too far off.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • RichN95.
    If Sagan wins the points jersey and Tinkov dyes his hair green, he'll look like The Joker.
  • Lichtblick
    Well he's about 1/10 at most bookies. So even without discounting crashes and illness, they reckon the chances of him of him losing it are around 9%. A little low if you ask me, but not too far off.

I think they don't want to win because a rival crashed or fell sick; they want to win on the road. Is that ridiculously naive? If yes, I'm remembering when Wiggins slowed down having heard that Evans had punctured (a couple of years ago).
  • Macaloon
    Golas jumps from the break. Uran refueling behind. FDJ led the climb for Bardot.
  • Macaloon
    25 km. Golas with a handful. Simon Yates looking lively.

Good finish in prospect. GC snoozefest +5'25"
  • RichN95.

I think they don't want to win because a rival crashed or fell sick; they want to win on the road. Is that ridiculously naive? If yes, I'm remembering when Wiggins slowed down having heard that Evans had punctured (a couple of years ago).
    Well yes. See for example last year. Nibali would have preferred to beat Contador and Froome rather than have them crash, but I don't imagine he worries to much about it (and nor should he)
  • adr82
    adr82 Posts: 4,002
    Cav giving a bottle-carrying Porte a good push back up the bunch :)
  • adr82
    Now a problem for Porte...
  • Macaloon
    Uh-oh. Cav shoving Porte. Porte rides the verge. Flats.
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    Titchie Richie remembering which side of the road to stop on when you have a puncture this time.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • RichN95.
    Porte trying to break the record for the slowest neutral service change (currently held by Cadel Evans at the 2009 Vuelta)
  • Macaloon
    8km. Yates always 2nd/3rd wheel.
  • Lichtblick
    Is tomorrow a sprint finish?
  • Macaloon
    Yates reels in Bardet. Pinot struggling. Mind on the race, Simon.
  • imatfaal
    Come on Simon! Would love to see Yates get a stage win
  • adr82
    Looks like Bardet has managed to get rid of Yates
  • adr82
    Uran and Pinot chasing, Yates struggling to stay with them
  • imatfaal
    Nano Quintana goes!
  • Lichtblick
    Bardet not wearing gloves!
  • adr82
    edited July 2015
    Nibali taking it up from Quintana, Froome keeping it steady...

Pinot catching Bardet

TJ struggling a bit
  • norvernrob
    norvernrob Posts: 1,447
    Froome not panicking, just keeping them in sight. TJ losing touch!
  • above_the_cows
    Come on MY MAN Peanut!

Steve! :shock:
  • adr82
    Quintana going on alone, Nibali dropping back, not looking great
  • imatfaal
    Steve Cummings!!

Wooo - come one Steve
  • above_the_cows
    CUMMINGS!!!!!!!!!!
  • adr82
    Haha go on Steve!
  • Macaloon
    Amazing. What a sport.