Are sky clean or not?

Comments

• RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • CuthbertC
    CuthbertC Posts: 172
    Trivia time. Who said this? No cheating (Googling) please.
    The new cycling? "Nonsense, innovation has always been there. Think of it as shedding your skin. The snake gets a new skin, but underneath it remains the same snake. He takes his past and his problems along with him into the present. Now people think its all gone in one go. But that's not the case. I was recently asked to participate in a TV program titled: "How clean will the 2011 Tour be?" Now I'm really not going to participate in that."
  • ma-na-ma-na
  • vimfuego
    vimfuego Posts: 1,783
    doo-doo-do-do-do
    CS7
    Surrey Hills
    What's a Zwift?
  • jerry3571
    jerry3571 Posts: 1,532
    RichN95 wrote:
    ddraver wrote:
    ....have you just discovered that Yates worked for Sky????

starting to see some of the problems here...
    I don't think he's got that far yet. He's only up to Motorola.

Has Jerry got to the bit where Lance got hacked off that he gone done got no respect for his rainbow jersey from dem dirty Europeans?

That's gonna BLOW Jerry's mind

Na, not going to do this again. You New generation fan boys carry on. I'm not your Mum. Did this over 10 years ago with LA's fanboys.
    685750.gif
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving”- Albert Einstein

"You can't ride the Tour de France on mineral water."
    -Jacques Anquetil
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,398
    So your asserting that he's doping because Lance doped, and you're the one calling us deluded?

Right. OK then.
  • jerry3571
    jerry3571 Posts: 1,532
    Yeah, pretty much. Doping has always seemed to happened in the past and this present generation are the clean ones. That was the point of LA was that he won the Tour of renewal on 1999. A new clean age of cycling. Panting, Riis et al were the past and this cancer survivor won as he suffered more than anyone as he had cancer. Hard work and suffering and the best gear and tech. Lance was better as he was smarter, new ways of pedalling, he worked harder, had the better tech and could suffer as cycling was easier than cancer.
    Doping in cycling has been always present since the 1880s. The only thing which may make them slow down is if they get their bloods tested 10 years later. By then though the Sponsors have had the financial benefits and have long gone.
    That's what pees me off with LA is that USPS and Discovery gained hugely from the publicity over those 7 years but they get off scott free.
    I'm not going to go on about Choppy Warburton ok. :p
    I just get bored when everyone thinks we're living in a new clean age. I think doping has changed as the testing means that the riders dope to a limit now. There's a ceiling of what is allowed hence why the races are so close these days. At a mountain summit the differences are a few seconds here and there so the Docs must have their riders right on the maximum allowed. Guess we might find out in 10 years or so when the tests catch up. I think dna doping is almost ready now so that's the new thing to sort out.
    Greeks cheated in the first Olympics so cheating seems in our genes. Humans are corrupt I'm afraid, politicians, religious leaders, business and sport. Just what we are I'm afraid.
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving”- Albert Einstein

"You can't ride the Tour de France on mineral water."
    -Jacques Anquetil
  • How did USPS benefit? They're the monopoly postal service of the United States. Their market share was going to be a steady 100% whether Armstrong won 7 Tours or came 3rd in a local crit.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,398
    jerry3571 wrote:
    I just get bored when everyone thinks we're living in a new clean age. I think doping has changed as the testing means that the riders dope to a limit now. Guess we might find out in 10 years or so when the tests catch up.

I can agree with that... Riders still regularly get popped so it's obviously not squeaky clean.

The races could be closer simply because there's less doping.

Not many people on here are actually 100% sure that Sky are clean, which is what you seem to think. Most people are just saying that the current evidence isn't evidence at all.
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,535
    How did USPS benefit? They're the monopoly postal service of the United States. Their market share was going to be a steady 100% whether Armstrong won 7 Tours or came 3rd in a local crit.

If there was no benefit they wouldn't have paid for sponsorship. They are not a charity.
  • TheBigBean wrote:
    How did USPS benefit? They're the monopoly postal service of the United States. Their market share was going to be a steady 100% whether Armstrong won 7 Tours or came 3rd in a local crit.

If there was no benefit they wouldn't have paid for sponsorship. They are not a charity.

And latterly they were hauled in front of congress to ask why they were punting $7m a year on a cycling team to no discernible benefit.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • kleinstroker
    kleinstroker Posts: 2,133
    This thread makes me want to get doped up to the eyeballs and pretend you're all fluffy bunnies arguing over carrots.
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    TheBigBean wrote:

And Yet how long were ONCE sponsoring a pro team ? ;-)
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    This thread makes me want to get doped up to the eyeballs and pretend you're all fluffy bunnies arguing over carrots.

4qevLnVoymNgI.gif
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,642
    Fenix wrote:
    TheBigBean wrote:

And Yet how long were ONCE sponsoring a pro team ? ;-)

I had no idea that ONCE were a foundation set up to raise funds to provide services for the blind and people with serious visual impairment!!! I'd just assumed they were some form of Spanish FI...
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    The logo of the dude with the stick didn't give you a clue ? ;-)

Plus they hired Alex Zulle who fell off every time he got rain on his glasses. It's good to give back..
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,642
    ha ha seems obvious now!
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Whenever he loses a sprint, Bernie Eisel cheers Cav up by reading him conspiracy theories from the Cycling News forum

latest?cb=20110720000117
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Brailsford unimpressed by the chatter.

article-1022677-0169F98600000578-785_224x423.jpg
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,160
    This thread has made for fun reading on my time off. Always good when a Clinic evangelist comes over here and tries to spread the word based on what has been indoctrinated into them over there. I even had to check the OED definition of evidence to make sure that I wasn't getting evidence and conjecture confused (turns out wasn't). Anyway, back to more mundane matters like making sure I know the words ready to sing in a competition at the Eisteddfod on Saturday!
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    The Tour brings out the tin foil hat wearing lunatics every year. Remember Rayjay?

Don't worry, they'll be gone soon.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,535
    Paul 8v wrote:
    The Tour brings out the tin foil hat wearing lunatics every year. Remember Rayjay?

Don't worry, they'll be gone soon.

There was precious little for them to get their teeth stuck into in this year's Tour. What we're seeing now is all the pent up posting they never had an outlet for earlier this summer.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,535
    Pross wrote:
    This thread has made for fun reading on my time off. Always good when a Clinic evangelist comes over here and tries to spread the word based on what has been indoctrinated into them over there. I even had to check the OED definition of evidence to make sure that I wasn't getting evidence and conjecture confused (turns out wasn't). Anyway, back to more mundane matters like making sure I know the words ready to sing in a competition at the Eisteddfod on Saturday!

Is it "Chris Coleman Had a Dream"?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    Pross wrote:
    ready to sing in a competition at the Eisteddfod on Saturday!

Holy moley, video of THAT please! :wink:
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,160
    ddraver wrote:
    Pross wrote:
    ready to sing in a competition at the Eisteddfod on Saturday!

Holy moley, video of THAT please! :wink:

No need, it's live on S4C from 1pm. Fortunately I''ve got about 45 'backing singers' ;). I might offend the Welsh speakers if the mics pick me up murdering the language though!
  • dougzz
    dougzz Posts: 1,833
    TheBigBean wrote:
    Lots of the services they offer compete directly with FedEX, UPS and DHL. Much of their business is not a monopoly is it.
  • dennisn wrote:
    So how did you feel about Armstrong? Did you give him the same benefit of the doubt?

I actually did and my confidence in cycling was killed as a result.

But I am a forgiving sort so Froome is innocent until PROVEN guilty.

*That proof will not be provided by an internet forum.
  • dennisn wrote:
    So how did you feel about Armstrong? Did you give him the same benefit of the doubt?

I actually did and my confidence in cycling was killed as a result.

But I am a forgiving sort so Froome is innocent until PROVEN guilty.

*That proof will not be provided by an internet forum.

Oh for heavens sake, Jimmy, you and your unreasonable conditions :wink:
  • CuthbertC
    CuthbertC Posts: 172
    CuthbertC wrote:
    Trivia time. Who said this? No cheating (Googling) please.
    The new cycling? "Nonsense, innovation has always been there. Think of it as shedding your skin. The snake gets a new skin, but underneath it remains the same snake. He takes his past and his problems along with him into the present. Now people think its all gone in one go. But that's not the case. I was recently asked to participate in a TV program titled: "How clean will the 2011 Tour be?" Now I'm really not going to participate in that."

Answer: Geert Leinders.

Interview date: April 2011 (yes, when he working at Sky).

A known doping doctor effectively calling out his own team. :)

Rest of the interview is here: wielrennen.startpagina.nl/prikbord/16069719/geert-leinders-was-bepalend-bij-rabobank
  • EnacheV
    EnacheV Posts: 235
    why is this troll account CuthbertC still alive ?
    this guys has all his posts in this thread