Join the Labour Party and save your country!

1316317319321322326

Posts

  • Unfortunately Stevo, your plan has worked too well. Labour are now scared of the democratic result the electorate will give them.
    Fair-weather commuter
    Canyon Ultimate CF 8.0 in Black - WOW :)
    Giant Defy 2 - FCN 4(summer) / 5(winter) - Great bike
    Hybrid - FCN 8 - Relegated to the pub bike
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 35,927
    Unfortunately Stevo, your plan has worked too well. Labour are now scared of the democratic result the electorate will give them.
    I guess I'm a victim of my own success here :) Still, the leftie losers can't hide from the electorate forever.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • rick_chaseyrick_chasey Posts: 43,602 Lives Here
    Funny how the will of the people must be respected but only for advisory referendums and not for elections done after the passing of the fixed term parliament act
  • Robert88Robert88 Posts: 2,722
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Unfortunately Stevo, your plan has worked too well. Labour are now scared of the democratic result the electorate will give them.
    I guess I'm a victim of my own success here :) Still, the leftie losers can't hide from the electorate forever.

    You sound very like a politician from the 1930s, a decade when Conservatives touted socialism as their main enemy. Bedazzled, they didn't spot the danger from the far right coming over the horizon.

    This time the far right are less conveniently packaged and are living amongst us, tilting the political playing field from within the very party that you waste so much time defending. How far to the right will you go? I think you are too mealy mouthed to be trusted.
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 35,927
    Robert88 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Unfortunately Stevo, your plan has worked too well. Labour are now scared of the democratic result the electorate will give them.
    I guess I'm a victim of my own success here :) Still, the leftie losers can't hide from the electorate forever.

    You sound very like a politician from the 1930s, a decade when Conservatives touted socialism as their main enemy. Bedazzled, they didn't spot the danger from the far right coming over the horizon.

    This time the far right are less conveniently packaged and are living amongst us, tilting the political playing field from within the very party that you waste so much time defending. How far to the right will you go? I think you are too mealy mouthed to be trusted.
    We need more leftiebollox paranoia on here, keeps us on our toes :)

    Let's see if Labour grows a pair and agree to a GE in order to save the deal being pulled.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Robert88Robert88 Posts: 2,722
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Robert88 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Unfortunately Stevo, your plan has worked too well. Labour are now scared of the democratic result the electorate will give them.
    I guess I'm a victim of my own success here :) Still, the leftie losers can't hide from the electorate forever.

    You sound very like a politician from the 1930s, a decade when Conservatives touted socialism as their main enemy. Bedazzled, they didn't spot the danger from the far right coming over the horizon.

    This time the far right are less conveniently packaged and are living amongst us, tilting the political playing field from within the very party that you waste so much time defending. How far to the right will you go? I think you are too mealy mouthed to be trusted.
    We need more leftiebollox paranoia on here, keeps us on our toes :)

    Let's see if Labour grows a pair and agree to a GE in order to save the deal being pulled.

    What we need is an effective opposition to the rabid right wing extremists. Your attempts to destroy our chances of getting such a service is evidence of your own extreme attachment to a one-party state.

    It's not hard to be a right wing extremist, you just disown any of the problems other parties attempt to solve and hurl abuse at those you disagree with.
  • kingstongrahamkingstongraham Posts: 7,215
    Unfortunately Stevo, your plan has worked too well. Labour are now scared of the democratic result the electorate will give them.

    So you now think the results of the parliamentary election of 2017 don't represent the will of the people?
    and then the next thing you know
  • Unfortunately Stevo, your plan has worked too well. Labour are now scared of the democratic result the electorate will give them.

    So you now think the results of the parliamentary election of 2017 don't represent the will of the people?

    Absolutely not.

    Look at the number of MP's who were voted in saying they would respect the referendum result and since then have done everything to stall and overturn the referendum result.

    The electorate, when given the chance, will deliver our view on whether parliament have been working for or against the people. The latter is now very obvious!
    Fair-weather commuter
    Canyon Ultimate CF 8.0 in Black - WOW :)
    Giant Defy 2 - FCN 4(summer) / 5(winter) - Great bike
    Hybrid - FCN 8 - Relegated to the pub bike
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 35,927
    Robert88 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Robert88 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Unfortunately Stevo, your plan has worked too well. Labour are now scared of the democratic result the electorate will give them.
    I guess I'm a victim of my own success here :) Still, the leftie losers can't hide from the electorate forever.

    You sound very like a politician from the 1930s, a decade when Conservatives touted socialism as their main enemy. Bedazzled, they didn't spot the danger from the far right coming over the horizon.

    This time the far right are less conveniently packaged and are living amongst us, tilting the political playing field from within the very party that you waste so much time defending. How far to the right will you go? I think you are too mealy mouthed to be trusted.
    We need more leftiebollox paranoia on here, keeps us on our toes :)

    Let's see if Labour grows a pair and agree to a GE in order to save the deal being pulled.

    What we need is an effective opposition to the rabid right wing extremists. Your attempts to destroy our chances of getting such a service is evidence of your own extreme attachment to a one-party state.

    It's not hard to be a right wing extremist, you just disown any of the problems other parties attempt to solve and hurl abuse at those you disagree with.
    Bit subjective there Robert.

    If you're far enough to the left then everybody is a rabid right wing extremist. Or maybe you're just angry and frustrated at the long , long years your lot have been out of power?
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • longshotlongshot Posts: 293
    Unfortunately Stevo, your plan has worked too well. Labour are now scared of the democratic result the electorate will give them.

    So you now think the results of the parliamentary election of 2017 don't represent the will of the people?

    Absolutely not.

    Look at the number of MP's who were voted in saying they would respect the referendum result and since then have done everything to stall and overturn the referendum result.

    The electorate, when given the chance, will deliver our view on whether parliament have been working for or against ~52% of the people who voted in the Referendum. The latter is now very obvious!

    Fixed that for you.
    You can fool some of the people all of the time. Concentrate on those people.
  • longshot wrote:
    Unfortunately Stevo, your plan has worked too well. Labour are now scared of the democratic result the electorate will give them.

    So you now think the results of the parliamentary election of 2017 don't represent the will of the people?

    Absolutely not.

    Look at the number of MP's who were voted in saying they would respect the referendum result and since then have done everything to stall and overturn the referendum result.

    The electorate, when given the chance, will deliver our view on whether parliament have been working for or against ~52% of the people who voted in the Referendum. The latter is now very obvious!

    Fixed that for you.

    Don't be more of a [email protected] than you already are. Your 'fix' is an argument for the stupid.
    Fair-weather commuter
    Canyon Ultimate CF 8.0 in Black - WOW :)
    Giant Defy 2 - FCN 4(summer) / 5(winter) - Great bike
    Hybrid - FCN 8 - Relegated to the pub bike
  • longshotlongshot Posts: 293
    longshot wrote:
    Unfortunately Stevo, your plan has worked too well. Labour are now scared of the democratic result the electorate will give them.

    So you now think the results of the parliamentary election of 2017 don't represent the will of the people?

    Absolutely not.

    Look at the number of MP's who were voted in saying they would respect the referendum result and since then have done everything to stall and overturn the referendum result.

    The electorate, when given the chance, will deliver our view on whether parliament have been working for or against ~52% of the people who voted in the Referendum. The latter is now very obvious!

    Fixed that for you.

    Don't be more of a [email protected] than you already are. Your 'fix' is an argument for the stupid.

    Nope. It's more accurate than your version.
    You can fool some of the people all of the time. Concentrate on those people.
  • kingstongrahamkingstongraham Posts: 7,215
    Unfortunately Stevo, your plan has worked too well. Labour are now scared of the democratic result the electorate will give them.

    So you now think the results of the parliamentary election of 2017 don't represent the will of the people?

    Absolutely not.

    Look at the number of MP's who were voted in saying they would respect the referendum result and since then have done everything to stall and overturn the referendum result.

    The electorate, when given the chance, will deliver our view on whether parliament have been working for or against the people. The latter is now very obvious!

    OK, I say that the 2016 referendum doesn't represent the will of the people any more. Makes sense to have another go at that too.
    and then the next thing you know
  • Unfortunately Stevo, your plan has worked too well. Labour are now scared of the democratic result the electorate will give them.

    So you now think the results of the parliamentary election of 2017 don't represent the will of the people?

    Absolutely not.

    Look at the number of MP's who were voted in saying they would respect the referendum result and since then have done everything to stall and overturn the referendum result.

    The electorate, when given the chance, will deliver our view on whether parliament have been working for or against the people. The latter is now very obvious!

    OK, I say that the 2016 referendum doesn't represent the will of the people any more. Makes sense to have another go at that too.

    Cool. Put that option to the electorate as a GE and see what they tell you about that view?

    Do you think it will get very far?
    Fair-weather commuter
    Canyon Ultimate CF 8.0 in Black - WOW :)
    Giant Defy 2 - FCN 4(summer) / 5(winter) - Great bike
    Hybrid - FCN 8 - Relegated to the pub bike
  • kingstongrahamkingstongraham Posts: 7,215
    Unfortunately Stevo, your plan has worked too well. Labour are now scared of the democratic result the electorate will give them.

    So you now think the results of the parliamentary election of 2017 don't represent the will of the people?

    Absolutely not.

    Look at the number of MP's who were voted in saying they would respect the referendum result and since then have done everything to stall and overturn the referendum result.

    The electorate, when given the chance, will deliver our view on whether parliament have been working for or against the people. The latter is now very obvious!

    OK, I say that the 2016 referendum doesn't represent the will of the people any more. Makes sense to have another go at that too.

    Cool. Put that option to the electorate as a GE and see what they tell you about that view?

    Do you think it will get very far?

    You proposing to have a referendum and GE on the same day? Sound good to me. Answers to both questions at the same time, and no need for anyone to have their vote misinterpreted.
    and then the next thing you know
  • Unfortunately Stevo, your plan has worked too well. Labour are now scared of the democratic result the electorate will give them.

    So you now think the results of the parliamentary election of 2017 don't represent the will of the people?

    Absolutely not.

    Look at the number of MP's who were voted in saying they would respect the referendum result and since then have done everything to stall and overturn the referendum result.

    The electorate, when given the chance, will deliver our view on whether parliament have been working for or against the people. The latter is now very obvious!

    OK, I say that the 2016 referendum doesn't represent the will of the people any more. Makes sense to have another go at that too.

    Cool. Put that option to the electorate as a GE and see what they tell you about that view?

    Do you think it will get very far?

    You proposing to have a referendum and GE on the same day? Sound good to me. Answers to both questions at the same time, and no need for anyone to have their vote misinterpreted.

    You prove Stevo's point about you perfectly :roll:
    Fair-weather commuter
    Canyon Ultimate CF 8.0 in Black - WOW :)
    Giant Defy 2 - FCN 4(summer) / 5(winter) - Great bike
    Hybrid - FCN 8 - Relegated to the pub bike
  • kingstongrahamkingstongraham Posts: 7,215
    Unfortunately Stevo, your plan has worked too well. Labour are now scared of the democratic result the electorate will give them.

    So you now think the results of the parliamentary election of 2017 don't represent the will of the people?

    Absolutely not.

    Look at the number of MP's who were voted in saying they would respect the referendum result and since then have done everything to stall and overturn the referendum result.

    The electorate, when given the chance, will deliver our view on whether parliament have been working for or against the people. The latter is now very obvious!

    OK, I say that the 2016 referendum doesn't represent the will of the people any more. Makes sense to have another go at that too.

    Cool. Put that option to the electorate as a GE and see what they tell you about that view?

    Do you think it will get very far?

    You proposing to have a referendum and GE on the same day? Sound good to me. Answers to both questions at the same time, and no need for anyone to have their vote misinterpreted.

    You prove Stevo's point about you perfectly :roll:

    I think you know what they call something that's a bit like the equivalent of a general election but where it's only designed to answer a single policy question.
    and then the next thing you know
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 35,927
    Might want to give it more time before you use the analogy again Stevo.
    Already been used again in another thread by someone else, so seems to be popular :)
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 35,927
    Tories 17 points ahead of Labour according to the Evening Standard today. Not a bad start.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • rjsterryrjsterry Posts: 15,112
    They were further ahead when May called her election IIRC. They'd dropped from a 21 point lead to a 1 point lead in a month. Just to reinforce the sense of deja vu. ;)
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    1980s BSA 10sp

    Liberal metropolitan, remoaner, traitor, "sympathiser", etc.
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 35,927
    rjsterry said:

    They were further ahead when May called her election IIRC. They'd dropped from a 21 point lead to a 1 point lead in a month. Just to reinforce the sense of deja vu. ;)

    I think Boris & Co are better campaigners than May was.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • prosspross Posts: 20,982
    Labour do seem desperate to throw away what should be a simple GE win. Then again the 'tax the rich' and 'nationalise everything' policies should go down well with same portion of their voters that want to leave the EU leading to some confusion!
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 35,927
    pross said:

    Labour do seem desperate to throw away what should be a simple GE win. Then again the 'tax the rich' and 'nationalise everything' policies should go down well with same portion of their voters that want to leave the EU leading to some confusion!

    Not sure its a simple GE win given how far behind and how 20p for the swearbox they are.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • rjsterryrjsterry Posts: 15,112
    stevo_666 said:

    rjsterry said:

    They were further ahead when May called her election IIRC. They'd dropped from a 21 point lead to a 1 point lead in a month. Just to reinforce the sense of deja vu. ;)

    I think Boris & Co are better campaigners than May was.
    True, but like Corbyn he seems to motivate both supporters and opponents in equal measure.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    1980s BSA 10sp

    Liberal metropolitan, remoaner, traitor, "sympathiser", etc.
  • prosspross Posts: 20,982
    stevo_666 said:

    pross said:

    Labour do seem desperate to throw away what should be a simple GE win. Then again the 'tax the rich' and 'nationalise everything' policies should go down well with same portion of their voters that want to leave the EU leading to some confusion!

    Not sure its a simple GE win given how far behind and how 20p for the swearbox they are.
    Well exactly, what I meant is given the shambles the current Government has made it should be an easy win and if they just went for New Labour style centre left policies they would probably stroll it. I think they could even chance being a remain Party as I really don't see those Northern leave constituencies going against them in large numbers and risking another Tory government.
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 35,927
    rjsterry said:

    stevo_666 said:

    rjsterry said:

    They were further ahead when May called her election IIRC. They'd dropped from a 21 point lead to a 1 point lead in a month. Just to reinforce the sense of deja vu. ;)

    I think Boris & Co are better campaigners than May was.
    True, but like Corbyn he seems to motivate both supporters and opponents in equal measure.
    You sound hopeful. The Lib Dems will gain seats I think, but maybe not enough to matter.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • rjsterryrjsterry Posts: 15,112
    I'm a LibDem voter. I've learned not to raise my hopes too much.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    1980s BSA 10sp

    Liberal metropolitan, remoaner, traitor, "sympathiser", etc.
  • rick_chaseyrick_chasey Posts: 43,602 Lives Here
    Indeed. It’s the hope that kills you.
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 35,927
    Not looking good for the lefties when the Guardian reports a comfortable lead for the Tories:
    https://theguardian.com/politics/2019/nov/02/tories-hold-16-point-lead-over-labour-according-to-poll

    Let's hope they can keep it up.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • morstarmorstar Posts: 2,235
    Stevo_666 said:

    Not looking good for the lefties when the Guardian reports a comfortable lead for the Tories:
    https://theguardian.com/politics/2019/nov/02/tories-hold-16-point-lead-over-labour-according-to-poll

    Let's hope they can keep it up.

    Will be interesting to see how things evolve. I definitely think the lead will shrink as JC gets more exposure.
    As a voter in a red vs blue seat with contempt for both parties in their current guises I am dependent on other voters to hopefully deliver a hung parliament to curb the excesses of the major parties.
    However, thinking objectively, the total absence of Corbyn appearing in the media during parliamentary sessions is a cause of their poor standing imho. He has such poor support partly due to his invisibility.
    It seems he likes campaigning though and whether you or I agree with him, I think he is effective at mobilising support when he does speak. I'd be very surprised if we don't see the gap shrink rapidly as the campaign grinds on.
    Not for one second do I think we'll see a Labour majority government but I do think the make up of parliament will be not dissimilar to now.
Sign In or Register to comment.