Critérium du Dauphiné ***spoilers***

Comments

• alpineaddict
    alpineaddict Posts: 247
    Tom Dean wrote:
    Separately but related - I note ITV4 are showing highlights this year
    they are showing it live

Bizarrely, Eurosport are not showing the Queen stage (7) live and have opted for tennis and an hour highlight show... Thank god for ITV4...
  • alpineaddict
    alpineaddict Posts: 247
    cc78 wrote:
    cc78, just seen who you are and where you're based... I guess they'll be zooming straight past your front door? and I think we may have chatted several times on another forum ;)

Still would love to come stay at your gaff... Looks awesome... Enjoy the race dude if you get chance to see much...

You had me confused for a while but mystery solved, you have been in contact with mrs cc78 on the un-named winter sports forum...

Shame you can't be around next weekend, it is indeed going right past our front door on Saturday. We are really busy that weekend but should hopefully at least have time to pop our heads outside to watch.

With a bit of luck having the Dauphiné two years running means that the Tour might be on its way back at some point in the near future... fingers crossed

And yes that road to Amerands is impressive, well researched by ASO as well as you would not normally spot it on the map, I'd certainly never been up there before even in a car (although it is a handy cut-through from St Gervais to Sallanches).

Hope your place in Contamines is going well. Give us a shout when you are over!

Sorry for the confusion buddy... Not been on the 'un-named winter sports forum' for a while... I am gutted about the trip... Was looking forward to getting out for this one, as you say, the riders and busses are a lot more accessible and seems decent line up for this race...

I first discovered the Amerands as Sat Nav takes you up this from the motorway to St Gervais... takes you right instead of left at Domancy... Awesome little short cut :D

Would be great for the Tour to get through this way again... Place in Les Contamines is all but done... Hoping to get out in the summer months for a few days at least so maybe we could fly over to your neck of the woods one day :-)
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,951
    Separately but related - I note ITV4 are showing highlights this year

Like.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    With a mere 32km to run in stage 1, Kirby's random association of clichés with rider's names has achieved the lethality of Vogon love poetry.

This a *****Spoiler****** or what?
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Macaloon wrote:
    With a mere 32km to run in stage 1, Kirby's random association of clichés with rider's names has achieved the lethality of Vogon love poetry.

This a *****Spoiler****** or what?

Funnily enough I've been having Kirby withdrawal symptoms, glad he's back
  • Macaloon
    19km. Chances of break staying away.
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    MY MAN Lil' Pete looking resplendent in his British Champs jersey, shame he won't get to show it off for much longer (unless he wins again).
    Correlation is not causation.
  • above_the_cows
    KOM OP Lil'Pete!

MY MAN is on one.
  • Macaloon
    YYYYYYYYEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS

Nice jersey.
  • above_the_cows
    You beauty!
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,160
    Great ride by Little Pete. I didn't think he had a chance when he went with 2.5k to go.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • mechanism
    mechanism Posts: 891
    That's made my day! Give him a new contract.
  • tim000
    tim000 Posts: 718
    got goosebumps at the end . great win
  • mechanism
    mechanism Posts: 891
    Not an easy name for the French announcer with 3 visits to the podium.
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    Great win by "my man" Little Pete
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • above_the_cows
    Happy days!

CG5lrKkXAAAJJw6.jpg:large
  • above_the_cows
    MY MAN Lil' Pete looking resplendent in his British Champs jersey, shame he won't get to show it off for much longer (unless he wins again).

Ooo creepy. Looks like he won't get to show it off earlier than I'd anticipated.
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    Little Pete fancied doing that for a while, he was stalking the front for the last 30km just waiting for the right moment.

Excellent ride.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Haha congratulations, those late flyers are very hard and always a crowd pleasure when they succeed.

144418_PIC542034331.jpg

164807_PIC542047384.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • above_the_cows
    Awesome first pic Frenchie.

It was nail biting stuff. The reverse situation of that stage that Cav won in the Tour in 2012, stage 19 or something, when he pipped LL Sanchez and Roche on the line.
  • RichN95.
    Haha congratulations, those late flyers are very hard and always a crowd pleasure when they succeed.

144418_PIC542034331.jpg
    Looking back to the peloton, Sky are doing a good job disrupting the chase with three riders in a line near the front.
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    Another great result for my man Thiesj Benoot!
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,688
    Well timed and very good attack that, looks in form to retain his national title. I still don't know what sort of racing he should be concentrating on though, he's a bit like G in that respect, too valuable an asset not to ride the big stage races but possibly more suited to short stage races and Classics.
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,008
    Lovely win there.

Itv4 highlights commentary good with Boulting and Millar.
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    Pross wrote:
    Well timed and very good attack that, looks in form to retain his national title.

I'd like to see him retain it just for that kit and how good he looks in it. Mint.

Oh, and that was a good win :D
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Check out the camera on Oss's bike:
    144425_PIC542084124.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • RichN95.
    Salsiccia1 wrote:
    Pross wrote:
    Well timed and very good attack that, looks in form to retain his national title.

I'd like to see him retain it just for that kit and how good he looks in it. Mint.
    :D
    On a practical level it would good for one of the Yates to win so we can tell them apart.
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    PROFIL.jpg
  • milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    RichN95 wrote:
    Salsiccia1 wrote:
    Pross wrote:

:D
    On a practical level it would good for one of the Yates to win so we can tell them apart.

Haha, yep.

Kennuagh does look awesome though.
  • Macaloon
    For the love of the grand unifying entity, can we please have the ***Spoiler*** warning added to the thread title. Its absence is doing my nut in.

Ulrika's rack would attract plenty of admirers with Kennaugh in their livery.