Front Ring Changing problems on Orange Five NOW RESOLVED...

124»

Comments

• Angus Young
    Angus Young Posts: 3,063
    Because I'm just wondering, you see an awful lot of them out on the trails and at trail centres - can all the owners be know nothing morons?

Only those that turn up in Audis ;)

But you don't have to own an Orange for that to be true, do you.
    All the gear, no idea and loving the smell of jealousy in the morning.
    Kona Process 134 viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12994607
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Bought an orange years back.. desperately wanted to like it since the days of the old school clockworks and so on caught my eye...

Took 6 months to tell myself It just wasn't as good as the bike it had replaced and that I needed to replace it, ebay and a net loss :(

But then people like different things, the one hear most is its simple and easy to maintain...
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    Because I'm just wondering, you see an awful lot of them out on the trails and at trail centres - can all the owners be know nothing morons?

Which is just as well, as despite your comment there are plenty more people that don't own them (Oranges, not Audis) than do. Perhaps, if we are to take your approach, we should judge them on that basis?
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • Angus Young

Which is just as well, as despite your comment there are plenty more people that don't own them (Oranges, not Audis) than do. Perhaps, if we are to take your approach, we should judge them on that basis?

NEWS FLASH: Sense of humour reported missing. Lasts seen several days ago on the Bikeradar forum. If found, please return to owner.
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    I am never sure why the Orange debate always seems to be people who dont own them arguing with people who also dont own them about how good or bad they may or may not be. I had a Patriot, it was OK at the time, couple of people had 5's which were also good at the time.

Not sure they now live up to comparably priced competition but if it's what floats your boat who cares.

Same goes for Audis, BMWs and Volvos.
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    My name is The Rookie and I.......I..........I drive a BMW

Thank god I don't ride a five as well!

A Friend who rides quite a lot and who's opinion I respect had a five, he loved it at the time, read the reviews and they all say it rides nicely despite the obvious issues of being a single pivot (no linkage driven shock) and also being a bit 'big boned' (OK bl@@dy heavy!), he now rides a Knolly Endorphin which superficially at least is similar in terms of travel and intended usage but is happy to admit that in terms of how usable and user friendly it is, it's much better than the five was, though other than uphill that didn't stop the five being a good fun bike (he did admit uphills were rather a chore while the Endorphin climbs much much better).
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • loudog
    loudog Posts: 136
    Going from the "Team Sky wearing mountain bikers" topic to this one, I wonder if I'm still on the same website... SIX PAGES??
    It matters not, win or lose, it's how you ride the bike
  • lotuseater
    lotuseater Posts: 58

Full House here!

I have an Audi A6 Allroad and Orange Crush Am 2015!
    Orange Crush AM 15
    Airnimal Chameleon Ultra
    Planet X Team Alu
  • Angus Young

Full House here!

I have an Audi A6 Allroad and Orange Crush Am 2015!

You disgust me!
  • M9DBO
    M9DBO Posts: 175
    For reference, out for two big-ish rides this week and the bike is now AMAZING!!!! Changes under ANY conditions. Thanks to All Terrain Cycles Bradford. Great customer service in the end. The difference is night v day.
    I am the Orange stereotype and loving it.