Stage 14 Giro d'Italia 2015 *SPOILERS*

Comments

• milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    Milton50 wrote:
    Either Porte's knee is really f**ked or he has given up completely.

Or it is quite hard for a 55kg rider to monster a 60km TT.

This is the biggest shame about it. The fact that it allows you to continue with your deluded opinions.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    There are no excuses. These guys are professional athletes and they are riding at their max. Turning up for a TT which you banked your entire race around and for which half this forum thinks you will win (clouded judgement) and riding at 75% or whatever is a complete joke.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    Milton50 wrote:
    This is the biggest shame about it. The fact that it allows you to continue with your deluded opinions.

Deluded is a synonym for correct I assume.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • adr82
    adr82 Posts: 4,002
    There are no excuses. These guys are professional athletes and they are riding at their max. Turning up for a TT which you banked your entire race around and for which half this forum thinks you will win (clouded judgement) and riding at 75% or whatever is a complete joke.
    You don't think his comment yesterday ("My knee’s f—ked.") has anything to do with him maybe not being 100%?
  • milton50
    Zakarin miles down.
  • frenchfighter
    adr82 wrote:
    You don't think his comment yesterday ("My knee’s f—ked.") has anything to do with him maybe not being 100%?

Contador had a dislocated shoulder and a damaged leg and was involved in the same crash as Porte yesterday. Lets see how he goes.

Grand Tour champions have as a major asset, the ability to recover.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • keydon
    keydon Posts: 144
    What's happening with the guy and his rear light?

I just saw him go through and I is afraid I laffed!!
  • frenchfighter
    Unbelievable. Aru doesn't have a matching helmet.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • adr82
    adr82 wrote:

Contador had a dislocated shoulder and a damaged leg and was involved in the same crash as Porte yesterday. Lets see how he goes.

Grand Tour champions have as a major asset, the ability to recover.
    Like he (Contador) recovered from that crash in the Tour last year? Give it a rest, there are some injuries you can ride with and some you can't, and somewhere in between are the ones you can ride with but at the price of reduced performance. Doesn't matter how good a rider you are in those circumstances. Of course, maybe Porte's knee isn't really that bad and he's just lost his motivation completely, but we don't know that yet.
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    inseine wrote:
    High hopes for Urans kit.
    Not disappointed!
  • inseine
    adr82 wrote:
    The only thing that's not working is his head
  • frenchfighter
    3.23 at 2nd check
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    keydon wrote:
    What's happening with the guy and his rear light?

I just saw him go through and I is afraid I laffed!!

Trek promoting Bonty lights, according to #Giro feed.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • milton50
    Uran 13 seconds off Porte? WTF?
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    Uran miles down as well. PTP carnage :D

Change in wind direction perhaps?
  • milton50
    I knew I should have just gone with Contador in PTP.
  • frenchfighter
    Uran +2.10 at 1st check. Makes sense. Re-evaluate your thoughts on Porte, thanks.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    Porte's time not so poor after all? Uran slower by 13 seconds or so.
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • milton50
    Luis Leon Sanchez goes second so the wind can't have changed that much.
  • frenchfighter
    GREAT time by my former man Luis Leon Sanchez, going in 2nd.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    Hell of a ride from the guy so dodgy Rabobank would rather buy him out of hi contract.
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • adr82
    Uran +2.10 at 1st check. Makes sense. Re-evaluate your thoughts on Porte, thanks.
    Either that or Uran is phoning it in too...
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    Looks like Kiryienka was given the green light to go full gas. Doubt Sky are surprised at Porte's performance. Dire for Uran. Contador can coast now.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • frenchfighter
    The_Boy wrote:
    Hell of a ride from the guy so dodgy Rabobank would rather buy him out of hi contract.

These are National TT champ colours fyi. Also, as I said many times, LLS saved Rabobank from total shame.

SANCHEZ.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • inseine
    Miller going well. But he is on a Maserati
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    The_Boy wrote:
    Porte's time not so poor after all? Uran slower by 13 seconds or so.

But VdB 1 min or so faster than both of them?
  • frenchfighter
    Kangert in 4th.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    Where are the check point times. please
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • milton50
    Contador taking about 1 second per km out of Aru at the moment.
  • adr82
    edited May 2015
    deejay wrote:
    Where are the check point times. please
    T14_Valdobbiadene_alt.jpg?psid=1
    So midway through the long flat section, top of first climb and before the final climb. Or did you mean the actual times?