Stage 11 Giro d'Italia 2015 *SPOILERS*

Comments

• TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,592
    Contador attacks.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Contador attacked out the bunch 50m from the summit I would imagine it is so he can lead the descent.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • adr82
    adr82 Posts: 4,002
    edited May 2015
    Last 50m of the climb, nothing much came of it...

As FF says maybe just wanted to be out in front on the descent
  • TheBigBean
    No Aru
  • TheBigBean
    edited May 2015
    All back together.

Edit - GC guys that is
  • frenchfighter
    TheBigBean wrote:
    No Aru

No he was 3rd wheel.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    Zakarin is going well still.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean wrote:
    No Aru

No he was 3rd wheel.

French commentators > Eurosport commentators?
  • frenchfighter
    Very strong win by Zakarin. Took the initiative 23km out and won en puissance. Congratulations. Can't get too happy though given his past.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • TheBigBean
    Zakarin solos to victory
  • frenchfighter
    TheBigBean wrote:
    French commentators > Eurosport commentators?

:lol:
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    Having led the chase for the last 22km Hesjedal gets his break companions come round him on the line. No shame.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,464
    They'll give aru two seconds for that
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,464
    It wasn't him actually, was a south east rider.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,812
    Very strong win by Zakarin. Took the initiative 23km out and won en puissance. Congratulations. Can't get too happy though given his past.

Strange.
    It's identical to Contador's, after all.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • dabber
    dabber Posts: 1,926
    Couldn't be bothered to watch it today but having just seen this http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/racing/giro-ditalia/twitter-goes-into-meltdown-over-contador-helmet-removal-172756

Was this today?
    “You may think that; I couldn’t possibly comment!”

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552

Strange.

Oh you cheeky monkey. Everyone knows it was a steak and definitely nothing to do with a dodgy blood transfusion that still had remnants of steroids in it.
  • GentlemanBear
    GentlemanBear Posts: 280

Strange.

Bit harsh on Zakarin...
  • mm1
    mm1 Posts: 1,063

Strange.

Bit harsh on Zakarin...

"New" generation same as old generation, shock horror. Must pop across to the asylum to see how they are taking it.
  • frenchfighter
    A week or so ago, Valgren made a tweet about Zakarin that he hastily deleted. Something in Danish about him taking a more anonymous approach was clever. Although there does seem to be some haziness over its translation.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,150
    A week or so ago, Valgren made a tweet about Zakarin that he hastily deleted. Something in Danish about him taking a more anonymous approach was clever. Although there does seem to be some haziness over its translation.
    What he said was meant to be to the effect that Zakarin is being smart and lying low (so that he can go on the attack for stages wins later). But the twitterati who can't process a thought without reference to doping thought he was 'calling him out' as a doper (via a google translation from Danish). Valgren said that wasn't what he meant so deleted it. The twitterati then said this proved their interpretation was right all along as the lawyers had obviously got involved.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • frenchfighter
    Makes sense. Good to know. Valgren is one of my men.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    Makes sense. Good to know. Valgren is one of my men.
    I thought it was settled that we all accept the whole Pro Race Circus are your man so you needn't keep repeating yourself. OK
    I think we got it.
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    What is this 'my men' boll**ks people keep coming out with?
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Well that was a bit better after yesterday's debacle. Nice to see a rider take a chance and make it and an interesting finish circuit.
  • d_o_g
    d_o_g Posts: 286
    mfin wrote:

The answer is in your post!
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,488
    Decent stage that and another well taken win by Zakarin. Poor Uran is having no luck at all in this race.
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    mfin wrote:

You're not going to like it. Trigger warning: FF references.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • frenchfighter
    “The attack today, more than anything, was to check to see what I thought I was seeing, that some riders weren’t looking so good,” Contador said. “I didn’t see the TV images, but it appeared that was the case, and one of my direct rivals was not looking too sharp today.”

“When I rode beside Aru, he didn’t look as sharp. In a grand tour, some days you feel great, others not so good, so I just wanted to check that,” Contador said. “In the end, there wasn’t much terrain to make any real differences, but it’s always important to test the legs of your rivals.”

“As for my helmet, it’s something that you do. You take the cap off, and you put the helmet back on,” Contador said, shaking his head. “Today, it seems that everything is looked at, but it’s something that is habitual. The helmet was with me all the time, so it’s not a problem.”

Tinkoff-Saxo sport director Steven De Jongh also laughed off suggestions that the UCI race jury might crack down on riders briefly taking off their helmets.

“With rainy weather, you see a lot of guys taking off their helmet and putting on a cap or removing a cap when it’s getting dry,” De Jongh said. “I don’t expect we’ll get punished for that, otherwise they’ll have a very busy day with all the riders who took their helmet off and put a cap on.”
    Contador is the Greatest
  • yorkshireraw
    yorkshireraw Posts: 1,628
    Contador & De Jongh deliberately missing the point there - yes it would be daft to punish people for removing helmets while riding, but it's against the rules (whether they agree with that rule or not).

Porte could have said the same:
    “As for the wheel, it’s something that you do. You take the wheel out, and you put the wheel back in,” Porte said, shaking his head. “Today, it seems that everything is looked at, but it’s something that is habitual. A wheel was with me all the time, so it’s not a problem.”