Forum homeβ€Ί Road cycling forumβ€Ί The cake stop

BREXIT - I Think We Need Some Lorry Drivers πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡Ί πŸš›πŸš›

• focuszing723focuszing723 Posts: 2,545
    I guess people with Greta chariots are feeling a bit smug.
  • ProssPross Posts: 29,587

Cycled through Sheringham and Cromer this afternoon and can confirm the dumb Brexit voting wrinklies were queued up panic buying fuel. Thick as censored the lot of them.

as that will be the end of the delivery route that is probably wise behaviour. As Brexit voters they should of course be penalised when allocating deliveries.
    Depends where the refineries are doesn't it? For example, Pembrokeshire would be an equivalent in Wales but is where the petrol comes from.
  • Pross said:

Cycled through Sheringham and Cromer this afternoon and can confirm the dumb Brexit voting wrinklies were queued up panic buying fuel. Thick as censored the lot of them.

as that will be the end of the delivery route that is probably wise behaviour. As Brexit voters they should of course be penalised when allocating deliveries.
    Depends where the refineries are doesn't it? For example, Pembrokeshire would be an equivalent in Wales but is where the petrol comes from.
    I know Cromer and Sheringham well, you are going to have to trust me that they are the end of the line, ironically the next stop is probably a gas rig
  • tailwindhometailwindhome Posts: 16,670
    edited 24 September
    How did the UK get become convinced that being part of a single market of 31 countries and 500 relatively affluent consumers represented a surrender.

It's censored bonkers.

Believe that a farther shore
    Is reachable from here.
    Believe in miracles
    And cures and healing wells
  • How did the UK get become convinced that being part of a single market of 31 countries and 500 relatively affluent consumers represented a surrender.

It's censored bonkers.

It always showed a lack of confidence in this country that "they" would always kick us around, even though we were part of "they".
    Queues at petrol stations in these parts now apparently and some are closed.

May as well have a lockdown whilst people can't drive anywhere - two birds, one stone and all that.
  • pblakeneypblakeney Posts: 16,787
    What's all the fuss about?
    We've been told everything is hunky dory.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • the local FB groups are full of updates on how long the queues are and which are shut then go on to blame MSM for spreading panic :D

A quick peak at DM tells me that they are blaming Boris "now is our winter of incompetence"

I thought he would get booted for being a blue Miliband but this looks like he will go for "bungling Brexit"
  • rick_chaseyrick_chasey Posts: 57,322 Lives Here
    Tories reaping what they sowed at this point
    Reversing the thing unrelated to the thing

Is reachable from here.
    Believe in miracles
    Being unable to fill up "Der Panzer" might even be an outrage too far for Stevo. Hopefully the Waitrose petrol station is as immune as the supermarket.
  • Reversing the thing unrelated to the thing

If they let the wildlings in the whitewalkers will follow. Tory winter is coming...

Wait a minute, so are we saying all those EU migrants weren't actually stealing "our" jobs after all and that we didn't have a huge queue of Brits waiting to fill the vacancies? Wow, if only someone had warned of this scenario.
  • Pross said:

Wait a minute, so are we saying all those EU migrants weren't actually stealing "our" jobs after all and that we didn't have a huge queue of Brits waiting to fill the vacancies? Wow, if only someone had warned of this scenario.
    I saw a lorry today, and Mrs DHL got some pisstrol so obviously all fake news. Nothing to see here. Move along please.

Pross said:

I saw a lorry today, and Mrs DHL got some pisstrol so obviously all fake news. Nothing to see here. Move along please.
    Phew, I was getting concerned.
  • Reversing the thing unrelated to the thing

At least they are consistent so very easy to anticipate what will happen.

Insist everything is fine and refuse to take obvious mitigating measures before sh1tting yourself and making the obvious decision
  • briantrumpetbriantrumpet Posts: 7,599
    I wonder what colour the passports will be...

• I wonder what colour the passports will be...

Macron will insist on pink. And access to all our health data. Then he'll cancel our membership at the last minute.
  • Tories reaping what they sowed at this point

Mail is blaming Boris not Brexit.

This could be the cross on which they crucify him
  • If anybody wants to leverage their vote it might be best to join sooner rather than later.

Can anybody confirm that you don’t have to show any level of commitment other than clearing a cheque?

But Boris is only PM due to Brexit so it's the same thing.
  • Pross said:

But Boris is only PM due to Brexit so it's the same thing.
    You are preaching to the choir, I am just letting you know that he is now being positioned as the fall guy
  • ddraverddraver Posts: 23,203
    ddraver said:

A few weeks WFH would be great for me personally. Last of the sunny evenings, 'n that.

CORNWALL !! YOU'RE NOT LISTENING TO ME!!

(Only the Morrisons looked like chaos. All the lone "service stations" I passed were fine. Can we have more panic please?)
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • rick_chaseyrick_chasey Posts: 57,322 Lives Here

• ddraver said:
    My head is absolutely spinning. BP did it deliberately, it is a Europe wide problem and yet we are going to use immigration to solve the problem.

Most troubling of all is that I agree with Priti that 6 month visas are pointless
    Do Waitrose sell petrol?

Is reachable from here.
    Believe in miracles

Do Waitrose sell petrol?

Yep.
  • briantrumpetbriantrumpet Posts: 7,599
    Pross said:

Do Waitrose sell petrol?

Yep.

Waitrose Essentials Petrol? Do you get another item from the Essentials range if you spend over Β£20?