BREXIT - Is This Really Still Rumbling On? 😴

Comments

• webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    The missus just rang re her Waitrose shopping delivery and to tell me not accept the substitutions.
    So there is no dried cat food, no Warburtons crumpets or bread, no coffee beans and no 3 Barrels Brandy.
    I may have to go out and do some panic buying.
  • webboo said:

The missus just rang re her Waitrose shopping delivery and to tell me not accept the substitutions.
    So there is no dried cat food, no Warburtons crumpets or bread, no coffee beans and no 3 Barrels Brandy.

Buy a bread machine. And a few acres.
  • webboo
    Fortunately the daughter has a bread machine and she is going to send us some food parcels.
  • webboo said:

When Gove fixes it I am coming to live at yours
  • webboo
    Come round now as we still have half a bag of cat food which I’m sure the cats will let you share.
  • webboo said:

Come round now as we still have half a bag of cat food which I’m sure the cats will let you share.

I am a bit fussy - what flavour?
  • webboo
    It’s says with fresh chicken on the bag. I’m not sure how that works in dried cat food. It’s for year 7+ so I hope you are old enough.
    This one is trying to convince me it’s 4 o’clock when he gets a pouch of Felix.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    edited September 2021
    No, you must not have ambition to open and maintain stores abroad. It's British shops for British people.

Marks & Spencer blames Brexit as it closes 11 French stores

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-58582860

Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • webboo said:

It’s says with fresh chicken on the bag. I’m not sure how that works in dried cat food. It’s for year 7+ so I hope you are old enough.

Ideally it would be 11+ but I will be round at 4pm for the pouch (non-fish please)
  • webboo
    edited September 2021

webboo said:

Ideally it would be 11+ but I will be round at 4pm for the pouch (non-fish please)
    You can 2 pouch’s if you like as the cats have flounced off because I wouldn’t feed then early.
    Anyhow shopping arrived missus two boxes which should had substitute bread, crumpets and all the fresh veg and salad. Drive said it must not have been loaded on the van.
    So he said if it’s there when gets back to the depot he will bring it later or they will just give us the money back.
    I wonder if this a way of trying to fool us that there isn’t a supply shortage and to stop me rushing out to buy all the bread and flour I can carry. >:)
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    Just to prove I am middle class despite having never written the word "Aisle" before, I stockpiled 3 bags of Waitrose Pasta Flour and semolina for my homemade pizza bases last night...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Stevo will be along in a mo to reassure us that everything is fine.
  • Just need to substitute a few things. So instead of Croissants, we can have scouring pads.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,734

Stevo will be along in a mo to reassure us that everything is fine.

Legit if you have basic taste you probably won’t notice
  • Worth remembering we haven't started inward SPS checks
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • webboo

Panic over man from Waitrose has returned with the rest of the order. We now just need to know what’s going on with 3 Barrels Brandy, dried cat food and Warburtons crumpets.
  • webboo said:

Panic over man from Waitrose has returned with the rest of the order. We now just need to know what’s going on with 3 Barrels Brandy, dried cat food and Warburtons crumpets.

That's quite some recipe you must have there.
  • Meanwhile, David Frost decides that exporters will be allowed to make/grow stuff that the EU won't allow to be imported.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/sep/16/rules-gm-farming-cars-top-uk-bonfire-eu-laws-brexit

• webboo

webboo said:

Don’t knock it till you’ve tried it. Soak crumpets and cat food with Brandy sprinkle with Parmigiana cheese bung it the oven for 15 mins and there you go.
    The cats swear by it.
  • webboo said:

webboo said:

Don’t knock it till you’ve tried it. Soak crumpets and cat food with Brandy sprinkle with Parmigiana cheese bung it the oven for 15 mins and there you go.
    The cats swear by it.

It really needs some good sparkling water to accompany it, I reckon.
  • pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,315
    edited September 2021
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-58581812

John Lewis charters ships to ensure Christmas stock arrives

This is going to make one hell of a John Lewis Christmas advert
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,583
    Not Brexit related but couldn't be arsed to start a new thread. Why are the French in such a huff about this submarine thing? Is it purely a trade issue / lost business as it feels like the UK are more obvious partners for the Aussies. They seem to be really throwing their toys out with the US!
  • john80
    john80 Posts: 2,965
    Pross said:

Not Brexit related but couldn't be arsed to start a new thread. Why are the French in such a huff about this submarine thing? Is it purely a trade issue / lost business as it feels like the UK are more obvious partners for the Aussies. They seem to be really throwing their toys out with the US!

Macron spent a lot of time massaging trump's ego and he is hurt at the failure to sell diesel electric subs with tech from twenty years ago.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,799
    Pross said:

Money. Australia can buy the UK design and USA arms* to build their own .
    Why reinvent the wheel? No French involvement. Not that I've noticed any huff.

*A simple summary.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • elbowloh
    Pross said:

Losing £70bn (?) and possibly quite a few jobs because of that sounds like quite enough to be upset about it. I guess there's a loss of face too?
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • But but but FS, the City, they need us, this cannot be.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,799
    edited September 2021

But but but FS, the City, they need us, this cannot be.
    If the past 18 months has taught us anything it is that you don't have to be in a specific location to do an office job.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • elbowloh
    pblakeney said:

If the past 18 months has taught us anything it is that you don't have to be in a specific location to do an office job.
    You don't have to be, but the big finance companies and banks have been the first to order their staff back into offices
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • elbowloh said:

pblakeney said:

You don't have to be, but the big finance companies and banks have been the first to order their staff back into offices
    Also living and working in a country different to the one where you are contracted is not that simple.