spatt77 said:

pblakeney said:

spatt77 said:

pblakeney said:

spatt77 said:

pblakeney said:

spatt77 said:

Plenty of ways to leave, Stevo...

yeah , and they all involve leaving the SM @ CU!
    Which we were told at referendum time wouldn't happen.
    I didn't believe then, and it gives me the right to whinge now. Liars.

Every politician on either side said a vote to leave would mean leaving the SM @CU, , if you didn't see or hear this i suggest you weren't paying sufficient attention at the time!
    But still wanting free access? Sticking to the cake and eat it plan?
    No wonder the negotiations are doomed to failure.
    But Canada, South Korea and Japan have free access! why cant we?
    But do they now?

"We've heard a lot about wanting a "zero-tariff, zero-quota" deal between the UK and the EU. Ceta does not do that.
    Ceta gets rid of most, but not all, tariffs (that's taxes on imports) on goods traded between the EU and Canada. Tariffs remain on poultry, meat and eggs.
    It also increases quotas (that's the amount of a product that can be exported without extra charges) but does not get rid of them altogether. For example, quotas on EU cheese exports to Canada increase from 18,500 tonnes to 31,972 tonnes a year.
    It does little for the trade in services and in particular almost nothing for the trade in financial services, which is very important for the UK economy."
    So we have to worry about EU cheese flooding our market! oh dear, I`m so worried! and South Korea and Japan
    Just an example to prove that what you think you want isn't what you think it is.
    Sums up Brexit.
    Tell me more, Im intrigued to know how you know what i think.....
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,799
    spatt77 said:

pblakeney said:

spatt77 said:

pblakeney said:

spatt77 said:

Every politician on either side said a vote to leave would mean leaving the SM @CU, , if you didn't see or hear this i suggest you weren't paying sufficient attention at the time!
    What you think.

Canada as one example does not have free access.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,538

How are you getting on with the crowd funding for that time machine I suggested?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    spatt77 said:

webboo said:

spatt77 said:

spatt77 said:

spatt77 said:

Stevo_666 said:

We should remember that Stevo's journey from Remainer to "No Deal Is Fine" has mirrored the Telegraph's almost exactly, in real time. Make of that what you will.

It does seem that some of us will never make the journey from voting to accepting democratic outcomes ;)

Part of that 'democratic outcome' should have included reference to the oft-repeated statements that "no-one's suggesting leaving the Single Market". Democracy seems to be a very flexible thing to the 'winners'.
    We`ll still have full access to it! just with quotas and tariffs if the EU want them.
    I am starting to understand why you voted Leave
    well Im glad the penny's finally dropped! but Im sure you'll knock me a graph up about how much poorer I`ll be no doubt!
    His graph will ignore then tens if not hundreds of billions we would have had to pay into the EU's Coronavirus bailouts. But he will lie and try to convince you that we are poorer from leaving because you do not understand economics like he does :wink:
    Indeed, because its all about money for SC! Hes quite happy to live in a democratic country that others have fought for and lost there lives but would`nt lift a finger if the same was happening again!
    I suspect that you haven’t fought in any European wars either.
    doesnt mean i would`nt if asked though!
    How likely is that. Completely meaningless twaddle, if you are going to have a go at someone don’t try to make out you have bigger b*lls then they have when really you have no idea.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,538
    pblakeney said:

Stevo_666 said:

pblakeney said:

It's the gift that keeps on giving.

A bit like Brexit itself then.

Anyhow fill your boots, it'll make no difference.

Makes me happy. And that's enough.
    I suppose its a reasonable consolation prize.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Jeremy.89
    Jeremy.89 Posts: 457
    pblakeney said:

spatt77 said:

pblakeney said:

spatt77 said:

pblakeney said:

spatt77 said:

What you think.

Canada as one example does not have free access.
    Pah, mere details.
  • spatt77
    spatt77 Posts: 324
    webboo said:

spatt77 said:

webboo said:

spatt77 said:

spatt77 said:

spatt77 said:

Stevo_666 said:

We should remember that Stevo's journey from Remainer to "No Deal Is Fine" has mirrored the Telegraph's almost exactly, in real time. Make of that what you will.

It does seem that some of us will never make the journey from voting to accepting democratic outcomes ;)

Part of that 'democratic outcome' should have included reference to the oft-repeated statements that "no-one's suggesting leaving the Single Market". Democracy seems to be a very flexible thing to the 'winners'.
    We`ll still have full access to it! just with quotas and tariffs if the EU want them.
    well Im glad the penny's finally dropped! but Im sure you'll knock me a graph up about how much poorer I`ll be no doubt!
    His graph will ignore then tens if not hundreds of billions we would have had to pay into the EU's Coronavirus bailouts. But he will lie and try to convince you that we are poorer from leaving because you do not understand economics like he does :wink:
    Indeed, because its all about money for SC! Hes quite happy to live in a democratic country that others have fought for and lost there lives but would`nt lift a finger if the same was happening again!
    How likely is that. Completely meaningless twaddle, if you are going to have a go at someone don’t try to make out you have bigger b*lls then they have when really you have no idea.
    I agree its a pointless argument but, as SC has already stated that he wouldn't of put his neck on the country which he lives in! I can state that!
  • surrey_commuter
    surrey_commuter Posts: 18,866
    spatt77 said:

webboo said:

spatt77 said:

webboo said:

spatt77 said:

spatt77 said:

spatt77 said:

Stevo_666 said:

I agree its a pointless argument but, as SC has already stated that he wouldn't of put his neck on the country which he lives in! I can state that!
    absolutely fine with me. I am not a religious person so won't be laying my life down for any cause and especially not for our German royal family.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,734
    Who are you envisaging fighting, Spat?
  • spatt77
    Nobody hopefully! just illustrating the point that sovereignty has no worth for SC, which is of course his prerogative but not mine!
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    spatt77 said:

webboo said:

spatt77 said:

spatt77 said:

spatt77 said:

Stevo_666 said:

That's the EU for you, bringing peace and cooperation to a continent, stopping twatt77 from dying in another european conflict.
    Bringing Peace in Europe eh? Tell that to the thousands that died in the Balkans war eh!
    They weren't in the EU. so there you go, thank you for proving my point.
  • rick_chasey
    Brexiter using a balkanisation example, how appropriate.
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,640

Isn't it just another example of failed federalism?

• rick_chasey

Isn't it just another example of failed federalism?

I was going for “UK balkanisation, accelerated by Brexit logic” but sure.

• surrey_commuter

and in case anybody is wondering if the Uk splinters I won't be killing my neighbours because they are now a different nationality to me
  • coopster_the_1st
    coopster_the_1st Posts: 5,158
    edited July 2020

• surrey_commuter

where is the rest coming from?
  • rick_chasey

and in case anybody is wondering if the Uk splinters I won't be killing my neighbours because they are now a different nationality to me
    I think Spatt takes a different view.
  • surrey_commuter

in fairness to him he only mentioned dying for his country not killing for it
  • rick_chasey
    Stevo_666 said:

How are you getting on with the crowd funding for that time machine I suggested?
    Well it was previously funded by the EU Horizon 2020 scheme but obviously that source of income has dried up and the U.K. govt was more interesting in spaffing it up on OneWeb which had “better looking returns” despite the fact it was a busted flush.
  • surrey_commuter

Stevo_666 said:

Well it was previously funded by the EU Horizon 2020 scheme but obviously that source of income has dried up and the U.K. govt was more interesting in spaffing it up on OneWeb which had “better looking returns” despite the fact it was a busted flush.
    the funny thing is people think we will only lose half a billion dollars
  • spatt77

I actually think war is pretty pointless and should be avoided at all costs if possible but sometimes its necessary evil!
  • spatt77

spatt77 said:

webboo said:

spatt77 said:

spatt77 said:

spatt77 said:

Stevo_666 said:

That's the EU for you, bringing peace and cooperation to a continent, stopping twatt77 from dying in another european conflict.
    Bringing Peace in Europe eh? Tell that to the thousands that died in the Balkans war eh!
    And neither are the Ukraine however when theirs money involved there quite happy to poke there noses in! So thank you for proving my point!
  • rick_chasey
    spatt77 said:

spatt77 said:

webboo said:

spatt77 said:

spatt77 said:

spatt77 said:

Stevo_666 said:

And neither are the Ukraine however when theirs money involved there quite happy to poke there noses in! So thank you for proving my point!
    Last time Brits were in the Crimea it didn’t end too well

• where is the rest coming from?

How do you not know this?
  • surrey_commuter

where is the rest coming from?

How do you not know this?
    not my circus, not my monkeys
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    spatt77 said:

spatt77 said:

webboo said:

spatt77 said:

spatt77 said:

spatt77 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Can you re- phrase that in English please? I'm not sure if you are a liberal woke'tard or just illiterate.
  • spatt77

spatt77 said:

spatt77 said:

webboo said:

spatt77 said:

spatt77 said:

spatt77 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Can you re- phrase that in English please? I'm not sure if you are a liberal woke'tard or just illiterate.
    You seem to resort to personal insults ? any particular reason? I work shifts so sometimes not at my best. Sorry my Grammar isn't of the standard you require!