Bib shorts

Comments

• antlaff
    antlaff Posts: 583
    Recently bought the Endura FS260s - really impressed. Very comfortable pad, but I have not ridden over 60 miles as yet. Not as comfy as Rapha Classics, but at less than half the price, would say brilliant value. I have had to bin 2 pairs of Castelli Free Aeros as the material has given way round the stitching exposing my derriere. Very unimpressed as not used that often!!
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    Spent 9 hours inthese yesterday and most of them on the bike..... :D

Cheap and very comfy

I was honestly surprised. not one sore bit today.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,625
    If I can muscle in on the thread -

I'm looking at the sportful bodyfit pro ltd edition on wiggle http://www.wiggle.co.uk/sportful-limite ... ib-shorts/

Mainly a question of sizing.

I have a pair of small castelli bibshorts (same manufacturer as sportful IIRC) and although they're a good fit length wise and around the arse, they're quite tight around the thigh and don't leave much from for my genitalia which gets a bit uncomfortable when it's quite hot.

I have a pair of medium girodanas which aren't quite tight enough around the arse and hips so don't look all that - fair bit of sagging around arse when I stand up etc.

TL:DR am I going to have the same problem with these sportful shorts, where my size falls in between the medium and the small?
  • menthel
    menthel Posts: 2,484
    Order, try and then send back if they don't fit. The Sportful sizes generally are similar to the Castelli. The overall cut might be different and they may suit but get the same size as your Castelli ones first.
    RIP commute...
    Sometimes seen bimbling around on a purple Fratello Disc or black and red Aprire Vincenza.
  • rubertoe
    Rick.

Sportfull are the parent company of Castelli so the sizing should be similar.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Have a look at these?

Basically Rapha but without a bricks and mortar seller. They've changed the graphics as it was stupidly similar. Struggling not to buy
  • Anonymous
    Internet has just gone back in time by about 30 mins. Website is lapassione.cc
  • rick_chasey
    coriordan wrote:
    Internet has just gone back in time by about 30 mins. Website is lapassione.cc

Looks good - looks very similar cut/stiching as rapha. Is it a bit knock off or just as good quality??
  • Anonymous
    Yeah I think that's the idea. My friend has a pair and they look like the Rapha Classics, with passione written in the same font in the same place as the classic ones. New ones aren't quite so obvious as they've changed their design a bit. He's had them about a year and wears them quite religiously and no signs of wear. He's bought the new ones in navy with blue/white leg grippers. I am also pretty tempted
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,309
    Still like my Lusso... for the money they are very good... longest ride to date 200 Km (8 hours) and they've been fine
    left the forum March 2023
  • rick_chasey
    Went for the red top & blue shorts in the end @ lapassione
  • Anonymous
    Just got this from a mate (sorry, Rick)

"If your friends and mates of riders, wanted to buy our products, we will be happy to offer them a discount of 10% using the code FROMTOBY10"

should get you 10% off.
  • rick_chasey
    Sad times.
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,870
    Sad times.

You could ask them if they would consider applying it retrospectively?

If not, send back and re-order will still save you money :D
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • bluemoon17
    bluemoon17 Posts: 718
    Sad times.

Wouldn't worry, just tried it and it doesn't seem to work!
  • Anonymous
    Just been removed sadly. In seriousness, the kit seems seriously well made and the friend of mine who wears it has just bought a second pair.
  • Anyone here given redwhite's bibs a go yet?
  • FoldingJoe
    FoldingJoe Posts: 1,327
    Haven't tried it, but when logging on to LaPassione now it offers 15% off for signing up, with code LP15.
    Little boy to Obama: "My Dad says that you read all our emails"
    Obama to little boy: "He's not your real Dad"

Kona Honky Tonk for sale: http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40090&t=13000807
  • FoldingJoe
    FoldingJoe Posts: 1,327
    Anybody tried the La Passione bibs and if so, is the sizing normal Italian size up?
    Little boy to Obama: "My Dad says that you read all our emails"
    Obama to little boy: "He's not your real Dad"

Kona Honky Tonk for sale: http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40090&t=13000807
  • Anonymous
    I think so. My friend is a slim (32w, 5'11) and wears M

Also just tried to put LP15 in at checkout and worked. Just need to choose a colour
  • menthel
    menthel Posts: 2,484
    I can confirm that the lusso bibs seem quite hardy- couple of small scuffs after my incident. They are much better state than my face and spine!
    RIP commute...
    Sometimes seen bimbling around on a purple Fratello Disc or black and red Aprire Vincenza.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Not planetx if you don't like wearing a nappy
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • cyberknight
    cyberknight Posts: 1,238
    If your after cheap bibs wiggle have active ones in red or blue for £7 , seem to be the same pad as last years aerons , the new aerons have a narrower pad which cuts me up but the active ones have been great .
    FCN 3/5/9
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    not wanting to put a downer on the party but the dhb shorts aren't good for much over 15-20 miles imo
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • cyberknight
    cyberknight Posts: 1,238
    Did a club run around 60 miles the other week and I was comfy,of course everyone has different bones.I bought them for commuting but thought I would give them a go over a longer distance.
    FCN 3/5/9
  • adam0bmx0
    adam0bmx0 Posts: 263
    I have basic and the top range DHB bibs, done everything from 30 to 110 miles in mine, perfectly fine.
    If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
  • MrSweary
    MrSweary Posts: 1,699
    Yup - I've worn Aeron Pros on a couple of hundred milers without any issues. Maybe you need a bike fitting ITB? :wink:
    Kinesis Racelite 4s disc
    Kona Paddy Wagon
    Canyon Roadlite Al 7.0 - reborn as single speed!
    Felt Z85 - mangled by taxi.
  • ic.
    ic. Posts: 769
    itboffin wrote:
    not wanting to put a downer on the party but the dhb shorts aren't good for much over 15-20 miles imo

I find this too. Ok for a commute, but wouldn't go out past an hour in them. Each to their own though, no two sit bones, saddle, bike fit are the same of course.

I've just had some Assos T.Tiburu S7 and I must say they are easily the most comfortable shorts I've ever worn. By a fair margin too. Even compared to t.607 they are replacing for this time of year.
    2020 Reilly Spectre - raw titanium
    2020 Merida Reacto Disc Ltd - black on black
    2015 CAAD8 105 - very green - stripped to turbo bike
    2018 Planet X Exocet 2 - grey

The departed:

2017 Cervelo R3 DI2 - sold
    Boardman CX Team - sold
    Cannondale Synapse - broken
    Cube Streamer - stolen
    Boardman Road Comp - stolen
  • rubertoe
    IC. wrote:
    itboffin wrote:

I find this too. Ok for a commute, but wouldn't go out past an hour in them. Each to their own though, no two sit bones, saddle, bike fit are the same of course.

I've just had some Assos T.Tiburu S7 and I must say they are easily the most comfortable shorts I've ever worn. By a fair margin too. Even compared to t.607 they are replacing for this time of year.

TBF its like comparing Trax (ITB, you still got yours?) to Parlee.

he is initially talking about a £8 pair of shorts you are talking about a £100 pair of shorts there will of course will be a difference. Regardless of sit bones.

• ic.
    ic. Posts: 769
    rubertoe wrote:
    IC. wrote:
    itboffin wrote:

TBF its like comparing Trax (ITB, you still got yours?) to Parlee.

he is initially talking about a £8 pair of shorts you are talking about a £100 pair of shorts there will of course will be a difference. Regardless of sit bones.

Did I compare them? I'm not sure I did, I didn't intend to. I offered an opinion on how long I'd like to stay in a pair of the DHBs I own, then went on to express how happy I am with a different pair of shorts, in case anyone else was considering them. Is that not the purpose of this thread?

If I was comparing them, I'd say the DHBs are great for the ride to work, the cut is great and fits my shape well - but if I was heading out for a longer ride in cooler conditions, I'd wear the Assos because the pad is better for me, the fabric is warmer and they are generally aces. I wouldn't wear the Assos for the 10 mile tootle to work. Horses for courses.
    2020 Reilly Spectre - raw titanium
    2020 Merida Reacto Disc Ltd - black on black
    2015 CAAD8 105 - very green - stripped to turbo bike
    2018 Planet X Exocet 2 - grey

The departed:

2017 Cervelo R3 DI2 - sold
    Boardman CX Team - sold
    Cannondale Synapse - broken
    Cube Streamer - stolen
    Boardman Road Comp - stolen