Three Days De Panne 2015 *Spoilers*

Anonymous
Anonymous Posts: 79,667
edited April 2015 in Pro race
Is there any coverage of this? I am only following from a poorly selected bunch of Twitter users.

I heard the first kilometres were neutralised due to weather

Geert Steegmans crashed and is out, shortly after exiting the neutralised zone.

p.s happy to amend title if the cross-language is too offensive!

Comments

• Anonymous
    1st hour of racing averaged 56.2kph.

Debusshere, Oliviera, Reihs and Salomein with 1m30s and 90K to go
  • Anonymous
    Steegmans with knee injury.

Bennett DNS

Steams should be live shortly apparently.

EDIT: Gap down to 54s
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    Live on Eurosport here.

Wiggins has attacked 50km out and has 4:25 to the bunch
  • thomthom

0QEgdh.jpg
  • Anonymous
    Sky are on the front though
  • thomthom
    Bak just shredding the peloton to pieces.

Several riders complaining. Looks like they are saying something like: "Stop, Lars! You are going too fast! We can't keep up!"
  • thomthom
    We have a race!
  • slim_boy_fat
    slim_boy_fat Posts: 1,810
    An attack shreds the peloton. Groups all over the place!
  • Anonymous
    A combination of cobbles, sharp hills, a big left turn and crosswinds have ripped the main group apart.
  • Anonymous
    Everyone seems to be letting a single Sky rider chase, so the break is stretching its lead 46s 14.6k
  • philwint
    philwint Posts: 763
    Yup - think the break might just have this.
  • adr82
    adr82 Posts: 4,002
    Who's in it? Debusschere, Kristoff, Bak, ...?

Wiggins doing a pull on the front of the bunch now.
  • Anonymous
    Lars Bak
    Jens Debusschere
    Sean De Bie
    Alexander Kristoff
    Sven Erik Bystrom
    Stijn Devolder

From Sporza
  • adr82
    adr82 Posts: 4,002
    Kristoff takes it easily from Debusschere.

33" to the main bunch.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,812
    Another victory for Belgian team tactics. :oops: :lol:
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,692
    Devolder quite impressive.
  • thomthom

Got what they wanted. Whole group worked together and got half a minute to the rest. Was never going to win over Kristoff.
  • philwint
    philwint Posts: 763
    Another victory for that sexy Canyon :D

Starting to consider selling a kidney to buy one.......
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,812
    ThomThom wrote:

Got what they wanted. Whole group worked together and got half a minute to the rest. Was never going to win over Kristoff.

Which probably equates to nothing, given Kristoff is also probably the best trialist on the De Panne course.
    Maybe one of them can hang on to a podium spot, I suppose, but we aren't likely to get the normal DP flat stages, either.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    Devolder quite impressive.
    Yes I noted that and was impressed he was getting back to his old form.
    In the meantime I noted the ease that Wiggo held the front when challenged.
    So as ever with 2 form riders on the same team, the Peloton will have to watch both and as with Devolder they could get a win in RVV or Roubaix.
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Interesting stage.

Thank goodness that Debu... guy didn't win.

edit. this is what Kristoff had to say:

“I was not really sure because the Belgian champion is a fast guy and he was not pulling...

Spineless Belgium "champ".
    Contador is the Greatest
  • thomthom
    Okay, let me educate you on cycling in a few sentences..

Debusshere had been in the break before Bak eventually caught him. The two Lotto teammates then, obviously, formed a partnership - both pulled like crazy, which they benefitted from since they could be a part of the new group that would race for the stage. Lotto had in the group 3 riders of whom Debusshere is the fastest in a sprint (and was most tired one as well when the two groups formed). Absolutely no reason why Lotto would have all three riders pulling as two was more than enough to keep the distance to the peloton at 30-45 seconds.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    FF, you're starting to move from mad to delusional this year....
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Watching the race today I purposely watched Debusschere (see, not that hard to type) because I knew you'd have something to say, and he definitely did his fair share of the work.

Crafty piece of riding to try and get ahead of Kristoff in the sprint as well.

P.S. TTHR Jr was very happy to see Kristoff win again (think he's his man). He settled down to the RVV 2014 afterwards as well :)
  • frenchfighter
    Well I'd prefer to listen to Kristoff, Geraint and my own eyes from watching Debu... race in many races.

Lets face it, he is an average rider. He has won 7 races in the last 8 years, most of which I have never heard of.

His Belgium champ win was in a bunch sprint ahead of non-names + Boonen.
    ThomThom wrote:

Debusshere had been in the break before Bak eventually caught him. The two Lotto teammates then, obviously, formed a partnership - both pulled like crazy, which they benefitted from since they could be a part of the new group that would race for the stage. Lotto had in the group 3 riders of whom Debusshere is the fastest in a sprint (and was most tired one as well when the two groups formed). Absolutely no reason why Lotto would have all three riders pulling as two was more than enough to keep the distance to the peloton at 30-45 seconds.

Great work by Lotto to have 3 riders in the first 5 but not win.
    Shame they did not get their sprinter Griepel in the mix but then he has been sh*t all season.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    '...leaving De Bie to lead them into the sprint. Debusschere, who had been firmly sat at the tail end of the group...'

-Cnews.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    SPTDW138-660x440.jpg
    SPTDW143-660x440.jpg
    SPTDW136-660x440.jpg

SPTDW106-660x440.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    What you don't understand is that it is irrelevant how much work he did. he is sprinter, it is up to the rest to drop him & Kristoff
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • frenchfighter
    ddraver wrote:
    What you don't understand is that it is irrelevant how much work he did. he is sprinter, it is up to the rest to drop him & Kristoff

He is a sprinter? Pretty sh*t sprinter then.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,326
    Well I'd prefer to listen to Kristoff, Geraint and my own eyes from watching Debu... race in many races.

Lets face it, he is an average rider. He has won 7 races in the last 8 years, most of which I have never heard of.

His Belgium champ win was in a bunch sprint ahead of non-names + Boonen.
    ThomThom wrote:

Great work by Lotto to have 3 riders in the first 5 but not win.
    Shame they did not get their sprinter Griepel in the mix but then he has been sh*t all season.

No shame in losing to an in-form Kristoff, clearly the most dangerous man in the group, by far.

I don't really understand you, FF. I appreciate a strong rider and an audacious attack, I like a bit of panache, but if it was all about who the strongest was on the day then we might as well just have TTs. This is cycling, it's about tactics as well as strength. Without that it would be sh*t.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format