E3 Harelbeke 2015 **SPOILER**

Comments

• No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,536
    TheBigBean wrote:
    Cyclingfans thinks it is on Eurosport 2. Eurosport 2 doesn't think this.

Time to brush up on Dutch, Flemmish or whatever.

According to my Tv listings, it should be on Eurosport 2 (Danish) from 15.00 CET.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • slim_boy_fat
    slim_boy_fat Posts: 1,810
    Gap now 10 mins
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    I love how a crash translates as a "falling party"

partij does not translate to party.

That'd be 'feest'

What a way to spoil the partij, Rick.
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,643
    Salsiccia1 wrote:
    dish_dash wrote:
    Oh noes does this mean Sagan might win something?

hope not

Why all the hate for Sagan?

Where do I start? For me it can be summed up with two words...

Showboating groper.

+1
  • My man Kristian Sbaragli in the break. 9 minutes.

OK well I'm claiming Sjoerd van Ginneken as MY MAN in the break.

Please provide evidence of a previous claim to Sjoerd van Ginneken as your man. You can't just run around picking riders willy-nilly, you know.

If it's not in the thread, he's not your man. Dries is on my elite "Lives in the area" list of 4.

Demol interviewed on Sporza whilst driving.... He says Canc is out of GW on sunday and they'll look at Flanders in the week.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    I love how a crash translates as a "falling party"

A stabbing and a shooting are even funnier.

EDIT-obviously not for those involved.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • mr_poll
    mr_poll Posts: 1,547
    Tommy V now crashed and is out
  • I love how a crash translates as a "falling party"

partij does not translate to party.

That'd be 'feest'

Feest is more common (or feestje, if you want to get conversational about it), but Partij is also a party.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • slim_boy_fat
    Cancellara news

14:26:41 CET
    Trek Factory Racing DS Dirk Demol has told Belgian television that Fabian Cancellara will miss Gent-Wevelgem this weekend. Not ideal preparation for his Tour of Flanders defence.
  • above_the_cows
    My man Kristian Sbaragli in the break. 9 minutes.

Please provide evidence of a previous claim to Sjoerd van Ginneken as your man. You can't just run around picking riders willy-nilly, you know.

If it's not in the thread, he's not your man. Dries is on my elite "Lives in the area" list of 4.

Demol interviewed on Sporza whilst driving.... He says Canc is out of GW on sunday and they'll look at Flanders in the week.

But I missed the thread :( I was busy...

Can't I just pull a Frenchie and have whoever I fancy as MY MAN?

My reason is that I like the name Sjoerd, don't know why, I just find it fun to say out loud and the second reason is he rides for Roompot and the name of the team makes me laugh. I want it to be called Stamppot.
  • dish_dash
    My man Kristian Sbaragli in the break. 9 minutes.

My reason is that I like the name Sjoerd, don't know why, I just find it fun to say out loud and the second reason is he rides for Roompot and the name of the team makes me laugh. I want it to be called Stamppot.

Even FF provided a list... a very long one! :wink:
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642

Admittedly my list is long but I haven't referenced anyone else that is not in the first list.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • above_the_cows
    Valpartij.

It's what is happening to the Partij van de Liberaal Democraten.
  • above_the_cows

Admittedly my list is long but I haven't referenced anyone else that is not in the first list.

But I don't have a first list :(

Kom op Sjoerd van Roompot!
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Cancellara reportedly said as he climbed into the team car that his spring campaign is over, and he may be forced to miss Flanders and Roubaix.

Well if him and Tom are out then it is a race between mere-mortals only.

I call a Wiggins conspiracy. Win at all costs sort of guy you know.

May possibly make the racing more interesting but I doubt it.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • dish_dash
    According to CN "Cancellara reportedly said as he climbed into the team car that his spring campaign is over, and he may be forced to miss Flanders and Roubaix. Let's home his condition improves in the coming days."
  • dish_dash
    All the better for Sep surely...
  • Jolien D'Hoore is the first on my "my women" list, as I've just discovered she lives in Merelbeke too.

@gietvangent
  • No_Ta_Doctor

You can post your 9 man squad in the original thread then, better late than never.
  • above_the_cows

You can post your 9 man squad in the original thread then, better late than never.

Ah crap I'll have to actually pick Sjoerd van Roompot now won't I? Damn.
  • No_Ta_Doctor

Ah crap I'll have to actually pick Sjoerd van Roompot now won't I? Damn.

Yep.
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,541

The thread is still there, although I'm not sure that claiming riders after the season has started is less of a faux pas than claiming them willy-nilly. We need a my man expert to opine.
  • Looking at the video of the crash now, it looks like the bottom of the first dip on Haaghoek where they'll be hitting 60kph, then the road suddenly narrows and goes uphill sharply. somebody puts a frontwheel on the verge and chaos ensues. Bad one.

@gietvangent
  • dish_dash
    TheBigBean wrote:

The thread is still there, although I'm not sure that claiming riders after the season has started is less of a faux pas than claiming them willy-nilly. We need a my man expert to opine.

Paging Rick... what's your view on picks counting after a deadline?
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    TheBigBean wrote:

It's not a PTP.

But we WILL look a little askance at anyone picking riders now who includes those that have got off to a good start. Unless previous commitment to them can be documented.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    I'm up on the sporza coverage.

Bosh.

Bring on my favourite race on the year.
  • rick_chasey
    Come on Sep.

Prove you can step up and destroy everyone with consummate ease.
  • rick_chasey
    Paterberg Kwaremont combo (as opposed to Kwaremont Paterberg) is a strange one.
    Gotta keep it fresh! SOme ace roads on this that you won't see on TV, La Houppe is a 2km long hairpinned climb, it also goes the "wrong" way on that lovely cobbled downhill with a chichane over a railway line that everybody who's ridden the Ronde sportif remembers.

Stationsberg isn't it?
  • slim_boy_fat
    Sporza coverage here too. Peleton looks on it, gap down to under 6 mins.
  • above_the_cows
    TheBigBean wrote:

It's not a PTP.

But we WILL look a little askance at anyone picking riders now who includes those that have got off to a good start. Unless previous commitment to them can be documented.

I'm not sure that's going to be too much of a problem... Apart form Kwia and Porte I don't have many winners (sorry Cav) and I think it obvious they've always been my men. I even had a Kwia avi for a while and have posted many a picture of a Toblerone.