ABSOLUTE DISASTER

AWFUL

SH*T POGGIO

SH*T WINNER
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    Big John looks horrendous head-on.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • adr82
    adr82 Posts: 4,002
    Did anyone see that Gilbert crash on the overhead?

Looked absolutely brutal. Bike must have bounced off back into the road. Surprised he got up from that one.
    Didn't see it yet, did that bring down Stybar/Kwia/Ciolek too?
  • thegibdog
    thegibdog Posts: 2,106
    Don't want to blow my own trumpet but I picked that from a full 5 seconds out. :wink:

Have to say I've enjoyed the commentary today, Matt Stephens makes a better lead comm than an analyst.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 73,117
    adr82 wrote:

Looked absolutely brutal. Bike must have bounced off back into the road. Surprised he got up from that one.
    Didn't see it yet, did that bring down Stybar/Kwia/Ciolek too?

Presumably. Was bottom right screen - was trying to see who else was making it through and then I saw this bmc guy fly into what looked like the end of a wall - think he must have hit the crash mat.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    These puncheurs should hang their heads in shame.

Only Sky and BMC had some balls in that race.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,794
    Cancellera not on the podium for the first time in a while. A blow to my PTP hopes
  • emadden
    emadden Posts: 2,431

Yup thats the one I saw... He slide out and hit the orange mattress... He was quite far back (at least 20 back). Ciolek hit afterwards and then threw a hissy fit, as if he was in with a shout :lol::lol:
    www.dotcycling.com
  • rick_chasey
    Don't think it mattered. Was a sprint finish anyway. Everyone too f*cked to try and make a move past Paolini.
  • frenchfighter
    thegibdog wrote:
    Have to say I've enjoyed the commentary today, Matt Stephens makes a better lead comm than an analyst.

+1
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    emadden wrote:

Yup thats the one I saw... He slide out and hit the orange mattress... He was quite far back (at least 20 back). Ciolek hit afterwards and then threw a hissy fit, as if he was in with a shout :lol::lol:

Former winner, and a decent sprinter, with team mates left. I'd say he was. Nice when they show some passion.
  • Ashbeck
    Ashbeck Posts: 235
    Great race, had Cav for the win but looks like he lost it on the final few hundred yards on the ascent of the Poggio.

Good win for Degenkolb, Kristoff just went a bit too early by the looks of it.

Swift always disappoints me, hes always there in the last 15 but never seems to have that final burst over the last few hundred meters. Thomas bust a gut today too.
  • rick_chasey
    TheBigBean wrote:
    Cancellera not on the podium for the first time in a while. A blow to my PTP hopes

New route innit. Different kind of sprint with the straight last km.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,406
    thegibdog wrote:
    Don't want to blow my own trumpet but I picked that from a full 5 seconds out. :wink:

Well put!

Tears from Degenkolb in the interview!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • rick_chasey
    Is that all we get on MSR Eurosport?

I don't need to see some amateur rich c*nts with too much time on their hands riding when I could be watching the podium???
  • emadden
    Paolini looked like he was heading up the Poggio in 53 x 11 such was his low cadence.. but actually, in the shots you will see he was in the small ring. Some teams really screwed up teh tactics there. Cancellara? Disaster. He clearly had the legs to go for the gallop, so why didnt he try a poggio move? Sagan - disaster - came off the Poggio descent in 2nd place and then found himself in the front. WTF was he thinking!!!
    www.dotcycling.com
  • frenchfighter
    TheBigBean wrote:

He had 11 monument podiums in a row (excluding DNF due to crash). Which was 1 off the record (Costante Girardengo 1918-1925; includes P-R abandons)
    Contador is the Greatest
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,450
    Ashbeck wrote:
    Great race, had Cav for the win but looks like he lost it on the final few hundred yards on the ascent of the Poggio.

Swift always disappoints me, hes always there in the last 15 but never seems to have that final burst over the last few hundred meters. Thomas bust a gut today too.

Swift was in 5th with only a few hundred to go, but lost position, then got boxed in on the right behind EBH.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • Ashbeck
    emadden wrote:

Only saw the aftermath of that crash, saw Ciolek throw his helmet on the ground like John McEnroe :)
  • ddraver
    Is that all we get on MSR Eurosport?

I don't need to see some amateur rich c*nts with too much time on their hands riding when I could be watching the podium???

Sporz at the football but talking biking
    - @ddraver
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    Well I thought that was brilliant. SKY, especially Thomas, were brilliant. Woke the race up early.
  • emadden
    adr82 wrote:

What a k.n.o.b.
    www.dotcycling.com
  • rick_chasey
    emadden wrote:
    adr82 wrote:

What a k.n.o.b.

Eh? Player more like.
  • ddraver
    emadden wrote:
    adr82 wrote:

What a k.n.o.b.

Riders need to show more passion

HOW DARE RIDERS SHOW PASSION
    - @ddraver
  • frenchfighter
    edited March 2015
    adr82 wrote:

Thanks, don't blame him. It has got to be the worst thing when your race is killed due to someone crashing out in front of you on the descent.

Good advert for the helmet though - he threw it with sme power and it did not crack into pieces :D
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Ashbeck
    Ashbeck wrote:

Swift was in 5th with only a few hundred to go, but lost position, then got boxed in on the right behind EBH.

Yeah but that happens a lot with Swift.
  • emadden

Eh? Player more like.

He's just doing it for the camera ... he's the new Tommy "TV" Voekler. Love when he grabs his bike as if he was going to mount it, only realise the back wheel was taken out ...
    www.dotcycling.com
  • frenchfighter
    Muted response from Oleg.

@olegtinkov · 4m 4 minutes ago
    Good race for @petosagan . Would he started a seconds earlier, could be better? However, this is the sport. @tinkoff_saxo #milanosanremo
    Contador is the Greatest
  • rick_chasey
    FWIW there are quite a few of these 'hot chilee' sponsored guys on the embankment commute, for people who are watching the dross that's now on Eurosport.

I would like to say I rinse them on a regular basis, but that wouldn't be quite true.