Paris-Nice **SPOILERS**

Comments

• ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,401
    An Exhibition in breakaway riding from Phil Gil and Tommy V at the moment!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Macaloon wrote:
    B_0Q0iOWAAAcTBS.jpg

:lol::lol::lol:
    Contador is the Greatest
  • smithy21
    smithy21 Posts: 2,204
    46km to go and 4'30''

Everything under control it appears.
  • frenchfighter
    From yday
    SPTDW1005.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,952
    Looks like a headwind.
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    Vachon laughing makes that pic which was taken before TV started when TVock was en-route to break.

40kms, break has 4mins. First class numerological work from the break losing almost exactly 1min in last 10km. Beautiful to watch.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    Any klaxon required?
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    The_Boy wrote:
    Any klaxon required?

Not yet.
  • ddraver
    The_Boy wrote:
    Any klaxon required?

For echelons no

For Tommy Tongue action yes
    - @ddraver
  • ddraver
    Wiggo Time
    - @ddraver
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,952
    Macaloon wrote:
    40kms, break has 4mins. First class numerological work from the break losing almost exactly 1min in last 10km. Beautiful to watch.

We have a fairly different idea of what stuff is 'beautiful to watch'.

More importantly, WTF is Phil Gil doing in a break?
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    More importantly, WTF is Phil Gil doing in a break?

Impressions on TV.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • ddraver
    edited March 2015
    KOM Jersey
    Training for MSR

Edit - has finished training for today
    - @ddraver
  • cc78
    cc78 Posts: 599
    BMC DS was on French TV saying Gilbert's objective today was KOM then he was surprised at how far ahead they got when Voeckler joined the break, so decided to go for it

Having just seen the finish, it looked absolutely perfect for him coming out the peloton... not today
  • ddraver
    Tirralongo joins TV about 10 secs ahead of the bunch. Few more AG2R riders have a crack
    - @ddraver
  • cc78
    by no means a given that this will end in a sprint
  • The_Boy
    Interesting move fRom ag2r
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    ddraver wrote:
    Tirralongo joins TV about 10 secs ahead of the bunch. Few more AG2R riders have a crack

EPO is a gateway drug now?
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • cc78
    Orica absolutely rinsed that
  • ddraver
    Fair play, good work from OGE and Matthews...

Getting really hard to see past Kristoff for MSR
    - @ddraver
  • The_Boy
    I know I'm going to come over all frenchfighter here, but I really can't abide Matthews. No idea why either.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,176
    The_Boy wrote:
    I know I'm going to come over all frenchfighter here, but I really can't abide Matthews. No idea why either.
    No idea? Really? His nickname is Bling. That's a good starting point for rational dislike.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • mm1
    mm1 Posts: 1,063
    Wiggo seems to be hanging round the back a lot on the last couple of stages. Have Sky given up riding for a stage win (at least until tomorrow), or is he dom'ing only on certain days and not others? Seems to have Rohan Dennis for company quite a bit, so perhaps he's tapping him up for hour record tips.
  • The_Boy
    RichN95 wrote:
    The_Boy wrote:
    No idea? Really? His nickname is Bling. That's a good starting point for rational dislike.

There is that, but there's no shortage of riders I'll happily cheer for in spite of them no doubt being absolute prannets off the bike.
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,734
    The_Boy wrote:

Irrational dislike basically means you're a sports fan.
  • ddraver
    mm1 wrote:
    Wiggo seems to be hanging round the back a lot on the last couple of stages. Have Sky given up riding for a stage win (at least until tomorrow), or is he dom'ing only on certain days and not others? Seems to have Rohan Dennis for company quite a bit, so perhaps he's tapping him up for hour record tips.

Didn't watch the stage then?

He worked to bring the break back in the 30 - 5 km role
    - @ddraver
  • andytee87
    andytee87 Posts: 406
    ddraver wrote:
    mm1 wrote:

Plus he may be leaving a bit more of a gap off the back towards the last 5km might be out of not wanting to get caught in any stupid crashes a la Boonen.

Edit: Overhead on YouTube makes Mathews veer to the right to close the Trek rider off look pretty sketchy!
  • frenchfighter
    SPTDW6058.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    Who is. TOMA. Vo-claire ? wtf. Tony Blackburn does my head in with that ridiculous "put on" accent....it's like listening to a very cheap failed hospital DJ :twisted:
  • mm1
    mm1 Posts: 1,063
    ddraver wrote:
    mm1 wrote:

Ah must have picked it up on Eurosport after he'd done his stint, I was wondering. He looked pretty comfortable so that's all good.