2015 Strade Bianche ***SPOILERS***

Comments

• above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    Oh, Sporza cut off before I actually got to hear the Czech anthem. Ooo a Touch of Frost now. Wow that's a blast from the past.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,392
    Oh, Sporza cut off before I actually got to hear the Czech anthem. Ooo a Touch of Frost now. Wow that's a blast from the past.

Yeah I thought that! :lol:

Welcome to Belgium!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • above_the_cows
    edited March 2015
    ddraver wrote:

Welcome to Belgium!

Their telly is something to behold.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,392
    ....oooh the acting in that scene is terrible....
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    Nathan Haas ‏@NathanPeterHaas 4m4 minutes ago Sienna, Tuscany
    Made the front group of 9, all of my Hero's present. Put on my seat belt, it broke at 16kms. Great signs for the spring! Onwards and upwards

Killer.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    edited March 2015
    Would have been great if Valverde won that. Still, well placed as usual. He made the race.

Nibali nowhere. Sagan nowhere. They arent a Contador or Froome. Chaves 21st. Stannard DNF. Sep, pure racer as always.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    Macaloon wrote:
    Nathan Haas ‏@NathanPeterHaas 4m4 minutes ago Sienna, Tuscany
    Made the front group of 9, all of my Hero's present. Put on my seat belt, it broke at 16kms. Great signs for the spring! Onwards and upwards

Killer.

+1
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Crampeur
    Crampeur Posts: 1,065
    Terrible grammar.
  • cal_stewart
    cal_stewart Posts: 1,840
    I keep saying it Sagans peaked, any highlights yet?
    eating parmos since 1981

Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Aero 09
    Cervelo P5 EPS
    www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=13038799
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,644
    Was I the only one who picked him for PTP?

As he was the only one of my men racing... hem hem

Wish I'd followed your policy..my men came in 1st and 4th.
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Would have been great if Valverde won that. Still, well placed as usual. He made the race.

Nibali nowhere. Sagan nowhere. They arent a Contador or Froome. Chaves 21st. Stannard DNF. Sep, pure racer as always.

Stannard crashed very early.

Piti can't do 18% gradients. He just stops.

Maybe the best thing for everyone is to insert a 10m 18% gradient into every race.
  • TheHound
    TheHound Posts: 284
    Just me that felt Stybar didn't earn it? He just followed all day and waited for others to drop off.

Doesn't seem like he attacked at all.
    Bianchi Intenso Athena
    Handbuilt Wheels by dcrwheels.co.uk
    Fizik Cyrano R3 Handlebars
    Selle Italia SLR Kit Carbonio Flow saddle
    Deda Superleggero seatpost
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    TheHound wrote:
    Just me that felt Stybar didn't earn it? He just followed all day and waited for others to drop off.

I saw him attacking and making it hard quite a lot. I think everyone was a bit bewildered to actually see Valverde doing some work.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    TheHound wrote:

He did as much as anyone else, they were sharing all afternoon.
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    Crampeur wrote:
    Terrible grammar.
    +1 Sentiment overcame me. Unusually candid from a pro.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • ddraver wrote:

Welcome to Belgium!

Welcome to my world.

Our "in" in an after hours bar was that I recognised the League of Gentlemen quote he used to try and get rid of us. Then had a chat with him about Allo Allo.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,158
    Our "in" in an after hours bar was that I recognised the League of Gentlemen quote he used to try and get rid of us. Then had a chat with him about Allo Allo.
    I once met an American bloke in a bar in Prague who was really into British comedy - but the really bad stuff like Keeping Up Appearances. It turned out that he went to school with Tyler Hamilton. What did they teach them at that school?
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • RichN95 wrote:
    I once met an American bloke in a bar in Prague who was really into British comedy - but the really bad stuff like Keeping Up Appearances. It turned out that he went to school with Tyler Hamilton. What did they teach them at that school?

Theres a lot of love for Keeping Up Appearances here. But they've never seen Dad's Army... What a world.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • adr82
    adr82 Posts: 4,002
    Joelsim wrote:
    Piti can't do 18% gradients. He just stops.

Maybe the best thing for everyone is to insert a 10m 18% gradient into every race.
    His two Fleche Wallonne wins would seem to indicate a steep climb to the finish can suit him quite well...
  • frenchfighter
    Valverde would have likely won if he did less work. He certainly did more work then the top 9 combined.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    Cancellara punctured three times and was ill. Pretty good result.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Valverde would have likely won if he did less work. He certainly did more work then the top 9 combined.

Don't buy that GvA buried himself. Hes just not punchy enough to compete with classics guys on a "sprint" hill

@gietvangent
  • above_the_cows
    ddraver wrote:

Welcome to Belgium!

Welcome to my world.

Our "in" in an after hours bar was that I recognised the League of Gentlemen quote he used
    to try and get rid of us. Then had a chat with him about Allo Allo.

Allo Allo is a classic. Very popular in the Netherlands ook. €49 in Blokker for the whole 8 series on DVD. Goed koop! :D
  • TheHound
    TheHound Posts: 284
    Joelsim wrote:
    TheHound wrote:

He did as much as anyone else, they were sharing all afternoon.

Indeed he did. I don't mean he did a Stannard, sit on for 40k doing nothing :p.

I mean he didn't seem to animate the race. Just followed the moves of others. Maybe I'm just being picky as he's not one of my favourite riders.

I would have preferred GvA or Van Marke to take it.
    Bianchi Intenso Athena
    Handbuilt Wheels by dcrwheels.co.uk
    Fizik Cyrano R3 Handlebars
    Selle Italia SLR Kit Carbonio Flow saddle
    Deda Superleggero seatpost
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,744
    Pleased for Stybar but any of the top 3 would have deserved it. Love the race but not a fan of the steep hill finish.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,470
    I don't think the finish suits the rest of the race. It's a decent race overall though.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,740
    Was a bit disappointed with Cancellara, and impressed with GvA.

Though I think GvA's problem will be staying racing post his court appearance.
  • pollys_bott
    pollys_bott Posts: 1,012

What's that all about? I heard the commentators mention him looking a bit nervous at a press conference and they were debating whether he should have been racing (naturally I assumed he'd been caught sprinkling something on his Cornflakes but maybe not...)
  • milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    Valverde would have likely won if he did less work. He certainly did more work then the top 9 combined.

No he didn't.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784

What's that all about? I heard the commentators mention him looking a bit nervous at a press conference and they were debating whether he should have been racing (naturally I assumed he'd been caught sprinkling something on his Cornflakes but maybe not...)

Linked to Dr Mertens, who does ozone therapy. (remove some blood, do some ozone "magic" to it, put it back in, all in one sitting)

If GvA has done that he's guilty of being a gullible fool.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.