New winter commuter.

12346»

Comments

• DrLex
    DrLex Posts: 2,142
    Bump for the pictures, people!
    Recovering from illness and swapping between Rose, Canyon & Cube websites, so need opinions & real-world experiences before I pull the trigger for n+1.
    (Ben- There's a black Fatty on the Rose website, that looks to share the frame with the DX3300, and it comes with 40mm tyres, so 28mm & 'guards would be no problem. Rose are good in replying to email Qs)
  • ben----- wrote:
    Those Rose DX Cross bikes, do they have plenty of clearance for mudguards plus 28mm tyres and the necessary fixings/eyes? And what about a rear rack? Would they take some sort of carrier OK?

Yes to all except rear rack - I think so but I dont use one so didn't ask. As DrLex said they will reply to any emails you send them (normal takes a day or two in my experience).
  • cookeeemonster
    cookeeemonster Posts: 1,991
    edited November 2014
    DrLex wrote:
    Recovering from illness and swapping between Rose, Canyon & Cube websites, so need opinions & real-world experiences before I pull the trigger for n+1.
    (Ben- There's a black Fatty on the Rose website, that looks to share the frame with the DX3300, and it comes with 40mm tyres, so 28mm & 'guards would be no problem. Rose are good in replying to email Qs)

I've had it ready with the tyres/mudguards/pedals all set up for almost a week...shamefully...I've not ridden it yet. I just want an hour or two of dry roads and no rain to bed in the brakes/tyres and sort out any niggles like rattling mudguards/seat/bar position and then I'm good to go on the commute.

Basically I'm being massively precious - it's a god damn all year best bike (i.e. WINTER BIKE) but I just want one day..possibly two days of dry weather to enjoy it before it gets ruined? Too much to ask??? Did I mention its a white bike???

F**k it its going tomorrrow regardless.

Anyway, here it is out of the box without mudguards, pedals and the 4 seasons I put on...proper pics to come in new thread along with review (crap iphone pics here).

rose1_zps5733b071.jpeg

rose2_zps6c5a5fec.jpeg

rose3_zpsbe05601f.jpeg
  • ben-----
    ben----- Posts: 573
    ben----- wrote:
    Those Rose DX Cross bikes, do they have plenty of clearance for mudguards plus 28mm tyres and the necessary fixings/eyes? And what about a rear rack? Would they take some sort of carrier OK?

Yes to all except rear rack - I think so but I dont use one so didn't ask. As DrLex said they will reply to any emails you send them (normal takes a day or two in my experience).

OK great thanks. I did message them at the same time I asked on here.

Looks very nice. I'm not *seriously* considering it, just idly considering it at the moment. Looks good though for sure.
  • DrLex
    Thanks, CM - very smart & looking forward to your thread.
  • ben----- wrote:

They dont have convential rack mounts so you would need to use a rack that can attach to the seatstay bridge. The Tubus Fly Evo is one example of a rack that can do this.

Nice pics CM.
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    DrLex wrote:

I've had it ready with the tyres/mudguards/pedals all set up for almost a week...shamefully...I've not ridden it yet. I just want an hour or two of dry roads and no rain to bed in the brakes/tyres and sort out any niggles like rattling mudguards/seat/bar position and then I'm good to go on the commute.

Basically I'm being massively precious - it's a god damn all year best bike (i.e. WINTER BIKE) but I just want one day..possibly two days of dry weather to enjoy it before it gets ruined? Too much to ask??? Did I mention its a white bike???

Anyway, here it is out of the box without mudguards, pedals and the 4 seasons I put on...proper pics to come in new thread along with review (crap iphone pics here).

rose1_zps5733b071.jpeg

rose2_zps6c5a5fec.jpeg

rose3_zpsbe05601f.jpeg

Very nice. Although white seems an odd colour choice for a CX bike!
  • DrLex wrote:

I had 4 black bikes in a row...thats pretty much the only reason :) I do like it in that colour though...and the mud splashes will show how rule 9 I'm am ;)
  • il_principe
    IlPrincipe wrote:
    I had 4 black bikes in a row...thats pretty much the only reason :) I do like it in that colour though...and the mud splashes will show how rule 9 I'm am ;)

Enjoy! My winter bike is white as well...
  • 2 weeks to my ROSE gets sent....have been waiting very patiently
    Moda Prima 2013
    Giant Defy Advanced 1 2014
    Rose Pro DX Cross-3000 'MB' - STOLEN
    Langster SF 2015

• I had 4 black bikes in a row...thats pretty much the only reason :) I do like it in that colour though...and the mud splashes will show how rule 9 I'm am ;)

White will be the colour I go for too.

Is your model the hydraulic brakes version?
  • Here's the Rose in Black. It arrived last week and had the first run out yesterday. I had SKS Bluemels factory fitted for me which worked well given the weather.
    The Tubus fly was recommended by Rose as the best rack for it. They also have one of the best online prices I could find for it.

15191582144_4c571beb1c_z.jpg
    Rose Pro DX Cross 3000
    GT Edge Ti
    Ribble Audax
  • azzurri78 wrote:

Yup, Ultegra with 52/36 chainset. Dont be afraid to change any of the spec you want - even if its not in the configurator. Love the fact they'll do this :)
  • 5milestogo wrote:
    Here's the Rose in Black. It arrived last week and had the first run out yesterday. I had SKS Bluemels factory fitted for me which worked well given the weather.
    The Tubus fly was recommended by Rose as the best rack for it. They also have one of the best online prices I could find for it.

15191582144_4c571beb1c_z.jpg

Excellent - and it's definately gonna hold up in this weather better than the white :) (cant remember the last time I rode on a dry road)

How's your first ride go?
  • DrLex
    5milestogo wrote:
    Here's the Rose in Black. [...]

Thank you.
    Although I was all set to go with white, I now rather like that matt black - Gah!
  • menthel
    menthel Posts: 2,484
    Good to see rose give good service- I have taken quite a shine to the x-lite crs in black and yellow. It just needs a few tweaks beyond what is possible on the configurator...
    RIP commute...
    Sometimes seen bimbling around on a purple Fratello Disc or black and red Aprire Vincenza.
  • .......How's your first ride go?

Coming in yesterday was a pain. I planned to get do the whole set up Sunday AM but a late call for the game at Twickenham on Saturday put pay to that. I came in loaded up with a torque wrench and allen keys, stopped twice in RP to adjust seat and bars then did some at lunch in the works garage.
    The ride home was sweet. Felt smooth, solid and turns a good pace. Never used discs before, hydraulic or not, but they have to be the way forward.
    Rose Pro DX Cross 3000
    GT Edge Ti
    Ribble Audax
  • 5milestogo wrote:
    .......How's your first ride go?

Coming in yesterday was a pain. I planned to get do the whole set up Sunday AM but a late call for the game at Twickenham on Saturday put pay to that. I came in loaded up with a torque wrench and allen keys, stopped twice in RP to adjust seat and bars then did some at lunch in the works garage.
    The ride home was sweet. Felt smooth, solid and turns a good pace. Never used discs before, hydraulic or not, but they have to be the way forward.

Cheers. Did you find you had to bed the discs/pads in? Do they make a noise?
  • .....Did you find you had to bed the discs/pads in? Do they make a noise?

Yep, they squeeled and have plenty left in them for some more tomorrow.
    Rose Pro DX Cross 3000
    GT Edge Ti
    Ribble Audax
  • azzurri78 wrote:

Yup, Ultegra with 52/36 chainset. Dont be afraid to change any of the spec you want - even if its not in the configurator. Love the fact they'll do this :)

Yes it is fantastic that they let you do this. Only problem is that it means you have even more choices and decisions to make! :shock:
  • Gutted just checked my order for the Rose Bike I ordered in Oct was on a 2 week wait after 6 weeks now gone back to a 4 week wait so now mid Dec. I only changed to a 52/36 chainset and added Ultegra pedals. Winter is going to be over by the time it arrives.
    Moda Prima 2013
    Langster SF 2015
  • GiantDance wrote:
    Gutted just checked my order for the Rose Bike I ordered in Oct was on a 2 week wait after 6 weeks now gone back to a 4 week wait so now mid Dec. I only changed to a 52/36 chainset and added Ultegra pedals. Winter is going to be over by the time it arrives.

STOP TRYING TO MAKE THE CANYON PEOPLE HAPPY!!!

Just say you've got it, love it and you'll put some pictures up in a few weeks...
  • il_principe
    GiantDance wrote:
    Gutted just checked my order for the Rose Bike I ordered in Oct was on a 2 week wait after 6 weeks now gone back to a 4 week wait so now mid Dec. I only changed to a 52/36 chainset and added Ultegra pedals. Winter is going to be over by the time it arrives.

There seems to be a supply chain issue with Ultegra at the mo. Particularly the 52/36.
  • Seem to be plenty in stock on Wiggle....maybe I should tell them :)
    Moda Prima 2013
    Langster SF 2015