TDF 2015 - ***Parcours Officiel***

1235»

Comments

• salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    Green Jersey comp gets tinkered with too
    http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/racing/t ... 4MXVwtR.99

I don't agree with that. The green jersey is not a sprinter's competition, it is for the most consistent finisher. I'd prefer there to be a separate sprinter's jersey based on intermediate sprints and top 5 places on flat stages, and the green jersey have the same points allocation for each stage. The sprinter's jersey can be instead of the young rider jersey.
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    Salsiccia1 wrote:

The green jersey is not a sprinter's competition, it is for the most consistent finisher.
    I agree with that. !
    Memories of a rouler beating a sprinter (in their younger days) with Jalabert's team going fast on an undulating course through some forest sections because Museeuw (at that time) was only a sprinter.
    I'm not keen on Sagan but he is a proper green jersey winner and the Mighty Thor showed the bigger value to the jersey.
    Unfortunately Sagan made it look too easy this year with his placings on flat and the hilly stages.
    The value of the jersey comes from it's history of winners like Freddy Maertens, Sean Kelly or Eddy Merckx.
    (certainly not that scumbag, Zabel.)
    So it looks like Marcel Kittel for Green next year. :roll:
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,744
    Salsiccia1 wrote:

I don't agree with that. The green jersey is not a sprinter's competition, it is for the most consistent finisher. I.

Well I suppose it's subjective but I'd rather the green was about the sprinters. If it truly was about consistency we'd have full points on mountain stages and GC men could be in with a shout as happens at times in other grand tours.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    Salsiccia1 wrote:

I don't agree with that. The green jersey is not a sprinter's competition, it is for the most consistent finisher. I.

Well I suppose it's subjective but I'd rather the green was about the sprinters. If it truly was about consistency we'd have full points on mountain stages and GC men could be in with a shout as happens at times in other grand tours.

I agree. Personally I'd rather see the green jersey go to the best sprinter, rather than someone who cleans up all the intermediate points on a mountain stage and then hangs on for 4th or 5th in flat sprints.
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    Just saw that the TdF in 1982 also had a stage 9 TTT to Plumelec. Only differences, the TTT was 69 km, and it was followed by a 138 km stage in the afternoon. Ha!
  • The changes to maillot vert make this unlikely in Mende next summer...

jalabert_mende_1995-538x550.jpg

...which is a shame as its a great Tour de France memory.
  • phreak
    phreak Posts: 2,907
    Also from that year

61.jpg
  • Spinaci bars... loved them.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,738
    FJS wrote:
    Just saw that the TdF in 1982 also had a stage 9 TTT to Plumelec. Only differences, the TTT was 69 km, and it was followed by a 138 km stage in the afternoon. Ha!

All TTs should be part of a split day.
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    FJS wrote:

All TTs should be part of a split day.

You are Henri Desgrange's grandson AICMFP
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,114
    Froome has announced this morning that his primary focus in 2015 will be the Tour.

Quelle surprise.
  • andyp wrote:
    Froome has announced this morning that his primary focus in 2015 will be the Tour.

Quelle surprise.

+1
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Makes it a really good field with those "announced" so far.