TDF 2015 - ***Parcours Officiel***

tailwindhome
tailwindhome Posts: 18,943
edited December 2014 in Pro race
“New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!

Comments

• hommelbier
    hommelbier Posts: 1,555
    A stage starting / finishing in Cambrai would fill in a gap in the other rumours.

http://velopeloton-cycling-pyrenees.bike/2015-tour-de-france-route-rumours/
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,158
    Any news of whether my idea of a stage between Waterloo (1815) and Agincourt (1415) has gained any favour with the French?
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • hommelbier
    hommelbier Posts: 1,555
    RichN95 wrote:
    Any news of whether my idea of a stage between Waterloo (1815) and Agincourt (1415) has gained any favour with the French?

It may already be penned in for the 14th July.
  • RichN95 wrote:

I had heard that bringing the Tour over to Britain in 2014 was going to be used by 'Visit Britain' as a way to commemorate the British running away from the Germans in 1940, but in the end it proved more convenient to use the Channel Tunnel than to arrange a load of boats from Dunkerque. :lol:
    "an original thinker… the intellectual heir of Galileo and Einstein… suspicious of orthodoxy - any orthodoxy… He relishes all forms of ontological argument": jane90.
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    Grand Depart is from Stafford...
  • Every year I pray for a stage finish in Lens, purely for selfish reasons, as I used to live there!
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,605
    Typical, the rumour shows them being in Dinan on the equivalent day to when I was there this year and the nearest they got while I was there was about an 8 hour drive away!
  • TimB34
    TimB34 Posts: 316
    Hmm, no Montpellier again.

I shall begin preparing Roquefort information for the stages over the Causses around Millau (I wonder if they'll go over the bridge - that would be spectacular!)
    french-roquefort-cheese-black-label-half-wheel-aoc-approx-3lbs.jpg

millau_bridge.jpg
  • josame
    josame Posts: 1,141
    They have before so again would be good
    'Do not compare your bike to others, for always there will be greater and lesser bikes'
  • josame
    They have before so again would be good
    'Do not compare your bike to others, for always there will be greater and lesser bikes'
  • TimB34
    TimB34 Posts: 316
    The TdF has gone under the bridge, but not over.

There's a running race that goes over it every September (100kms de Millau) so there is some precedent for sporting events taking it over for a day.
  • TimB34 wrote:
    Hmm, no Montpellier again.

I shall begin preparing Roquefort information for the stages over the Causses around Millau (I wonder if they'll go over the bridge - that would be spectacular!)
    french-roquefort-cheese-black-label-half-wheel-aoc-approx-3lbs.jpg

millau_bridge.jpg

aaah a man after my own heart - Start on the bridge - down through Roquefort-sur-Soulzon ( think huge cheese rounds as bike wheels in the fields) over the haut Langeudoc through Lamalou le bains - down the orb valley (through 'my' village Roquebrun) Beziers Agde Sete Palavas le flots (Montpellier)

A long day for them (260km) but quite a route!
  • MILLAU%20BRIDGE-01.jpg
  • RichN95 wrote:

Brilliant idea. Bringing back 20 hour stages that run through the night is an excellent way of keeping the Tour connected with its roots.
  • dsoutar
    dsoutar Posts: 1,746
    Radio DiCi saying that the Tour will arrive in the southern Alps on July 20 with a step that would start in Digne-les-Bains and could therefore reach the top of the Bonnette, known for hosting the highest road in Europe. There would then be a rest day before heading north of the Alps with probably the Alpe d'Huez stage although this could also go through the west to finish at the top of Mont Ventoux.

They also assert that hotels in the region have all been reserved for these dates but also said that some issues remain unresolved. Mainly regarding the Mercantour National Park (a protected area where the Col de la Bonnette is situated) whose leaders oppose its passage by the Tour.

However, the Tour organizers have said to have a plan B in the form of a mtf of Pra-Loup where Bernard Thevenet ousted Eddy Merckx from the yellow jersey before winning race in 1975, (next year will be the 40th anniversary of this)

http://www.dici.fr/actu/2014/08/07/tour ... ond-414698
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    Finish in Huy confirmed, so third stage will be Antwerp-Huy. Quite possibly with finish on the Mur de Huy (what else is there in Huy?). Tasty
  • Isn't there a Seal park?

Seem to see that from the helicopter shot every Fleche.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,158
    Isn't there a Seal park?

Seem to see that from the helicopter shot every Fleche.
    http://www.montmosan.be/
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,744
    So the speculation is stage 19 will be the etape - given the rumoured start and finish town and word that it'll take in the Glandon or CdF does that make a Telegraphe/Galibier loop likely? I don't know the area super well but that's the obvious way to loop back round if the finish is in La Toussuire.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • RideOnTime
    As I said it starts on Stafford...
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 17,941
    Hmm, if Monday 20 July really were to go from Montélimar to Gap, I'll have a quandary. I might be due to work in Truro that day. On the other hand, it would be more than a bit of shame not to be in my house near Die on the TdF route... dilemma indeed.
  • MrT
    MrT Posts: 260
    May well be a Plateau Beille finish in the Pyrenees this year....doing lots of roadworks on the rougher sections....
  • RideOnTime
    Alps v Pyrenees... hmmm... Yorkshire....
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Pra Loup likely to be included - not been in there for 40 odd years.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • The reveal officiel must be coming up soon... ?
  • lift the curtain on the 2015 Tour de France on October 22 at a presentation ceremony to be held at the Palais des Congrès in Paris with over 4,000 people in attendance. Not invited? No problem. Watch Eurosport from 11:30 am or follow the live stream on the official website (letour.fr) to find out all the details on the climax of the 2015 cycling season.
  • josame
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,943
    ammattipyöräily ‏@ammattipyoraily · 4m4 minutes ago
    Pavés in 2015 Tour de France? http://france3-regions.francetvinfo.fr/ ... 73390.html …. Nibali would be happy.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    ammattipyöräily ‏@ammattipyoraily · 4m4 minutes ago
    Pavés in 2015 Tour de France? http://france3-regions.francetvinfo.fr/ ... 73390.html …. Nibali would be happy.

Considering that stage will be from Liege to Cambrai, you could have a very interesting route with Ardennes hills first, and cobbles in the finale