Eneco Tour 2014 **Spoilers**

12346»

Comments

• tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,941
    Boom is overrated. He has like one or two top tens in classics and one day races let alone wins.

You're really not feeling the TDF Stage 5 at all are you? :lol:
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    Bluemoon17 wrote:
    Trentin and a Belkin rider trying to barge each other off their bikes. :shock:
    http://sporza.be/cm/sporza/videozone/v_ ... st=7.39499 :roll:
  • shazzz
    shazzz Posts: 1,077
    Terpstra DSQ'd!
    What was it that got his dander up in the first place?
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    FJS wrote:
    Bluemoon17 wrote:
    Trentin and a Belkin rider trying to barge each other off their bikes. :shock:
    http://sporza.be/cm/sporza/videozone/v_ ... st=7.39499 :roll:

Blimey thats crazy! Terpstra did well not to fall over after Wyn's big shove.

Terpstra very apologetic when interviewed after.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,941
    Niki Terpstra

37 mins · .

I am sorry for my action

I want to apologize first to Maarten Wynants and Team Belkin, because I put them and other riders in danger with my actions and that’s something I don’t wan’t to do in the peloton.
    Also I want to apologize to my team mates who worked for me during the week. The whole Enecotour they helped me, but in the end it was for nothing because of this stupid action.
    I was batteling to keep my 7th place in the general classification in this hectic final, but got over the limit.
    Probably some fans will be disappointed in me. To them I like to say: I am sorry for what I did and I will do everything, off course in a fair way, at the upcoming races to get your support back!
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,738
    Bit gutted I missed all of this.

Saw the Terpstra Wynants shove fest.

Guess that's the kind of thing is why Terpstra isn't all that popular? He's only been punished because it was in front of the cameras, after all...
  • EKIMIKE
    EKIMIKE Posts: 2,232
    Think Terpstra is lucky there - Wynants certainly looked to have the measure of him! :lol:
  • milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    Niki Terpstra

I am sorry for my action

I want to apologize first to Maarten Wynants and Team Belkin, because I put them and other riders in danger with my actions and that’s something I don’t wan’t to do in the peloton.
    Also I want to apologize to my team mates who worked for me during the week. The whole Enecotour they helped me, but in the end it was for nothing because of this stupid action.
    I was batteling to keep my 7th place in the general classification in this hectic final, but got over the limit.
    Probably some fans will be disappointed in me. To them I like to say: I am sorry for what I did and I will do everything, off course in a fair way, at the upcoming races to get your support back!

What's the explanation though? Did he think Wynants was blocking the road or something? Looked normal to me.
  • I also enjoyed the Wanty rider taking an FDJ bottle from the side of the road and then throwing it on the floor instead of giving it to one of their riders who rode up and asked for it.

That could have been nasty.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,598
    I also enjoyed the Wanty rider taking an FDJ bottle from the side of the road and then throwing it on the floor instead of giving it to one of their riders who rode up and asked for it.

That could have been nasty.

Yep, that deserved a DQ and big fine. Completely irresponsible. You would think that pros, who have their fair share of crashes, would go out of their way to avoid something that dangerous.
  • GVA gets his 2nd win of the year at GP Wallonie.

Recreational cyclist was on the course:
    https://v.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/02B62389 ... FnGWzXsX46

Last 6km:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V15pW56viRM
    Contador is the Greatest
  • And only his 3rd win ever at Pro Tour level, I believe.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    And only his 3rd win ever at Pro Tour level, I believe.

seems unlikely, but i don't have the details.
  • inseine wrote:

A swift glance at Wikipedia proves I'm talking nonsense.

He doesn't win as often as you'd think though. 12 Professional wins since 2007 and the bulk of those at the Tour of Wallonia. Not sure if Utah, Wallonia, the Memorial Rik Van Steenbergen are World Tour, but The Vuelta, Paris Tours and the Tour of Belgium certainly are.

Cheerfully retracted!
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,006

The woman on the shopper is better on the ''Last 6km' clip - 8.50 onwards.
  • inseine wrote:

A swift glance at Wikipedia proves I'm talking nonsense.

He doesn't win as often as you'd think though. 12 Professional wins since 2007 and the bulk of those at the Tour of Wallonia. Not sure if Utah, Wallonia, the Memorial Rik Van Steenbergen are World Tour, but The Vuelta, Paris Tours and the Tour of Belgium certainly are.

Cheerfully retracted!
    You weren't. Paris Tours isn't World/Pro tour nowadays and Tour of Belgium hasn't been. So he's still only got the Vuelta win and the Eneco stage at world/pro tour level.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    The cobbled climb up to the finish is easily my favorite non mountain climb in Pro cycling.