Tour of Britain 2014

Comments

• Dowsett dropped
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Movistar Team ‏@Movistar_Team · 3m
    #tob2014: @alexdowsett is helped out by @giovisco - gap on top of the climb between him and bunch tail is around 35"
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • The Tour of Britain ‏@TourofBritain · 1m
    Kwiatkowski, Wiggins and Roche have got away from Dowsett and opened a small advanntage #tob2014
  • The Tour of Britain ‏@TourofBritain · now
    The Wiggins group has 43" on Dowsett #tob2014
  • Dowsett pulling back a bit
    Doing it on his own
  • Wiggins seems to be slipping off the back of his own group

TailWindHome getting no work done.
  • Visconti killing himself for Dowsett
  • Bxa2-0OIUAA_dbL.jpg:large
  • Pross wrote:
    Dowsett has been riding really aggressively since missing out on the Tour. Is he looking for a contract for next season? I was surprised to see him so near the front on The Tumble the other day and then he was in one if the two breakaway groups going up Wyche Cutting on Wednesday I think. Hope he can hold on. Should do with a short, flat TT to come as long as he can cling on over Ditchling after today's efforts.

Yes he is one of 7 Movistar riders with their contract expiring. I guess this ride will help his cause - there are three spots to fill I think.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Movistar Team ‏@Movistar_Team · now
    #tob2014: Manual, unofficial gap on top of the Bear Road hill between Kwiatkowski group and @alexdowsett around 1'20". Dream slipping away
  • Vermote should get this...
  • Vermote should get this...

He did
  • HART INTO THE BARRIERS
  • Did I imagine that? Commentators don't mention it.....
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,382
    Big crash for Tao on the last corner!
  • Tao gives it a go under the 1km banner, sharp corner and he completely fluffs it or hits a hole. Flies head first into the barriers/crowd. THE COMMENTATORS TOTALLY MISS IT!!!!

Big win for Vermote. Congratulations.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    Think he gave the crowd a better view of the race than they were expecting.
  • hammerite
    Did I imagine that? Commentators don't mention it.....

They mentioned it on Eurosport.
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,382
    Did I imagine that? Commentators don't mention it.....

No it definitely happened. Went into the corner way too hot slammed on the front brake and over the bars into the barriers. Hope he is OK.
  • Kwiatek takes the lead, nice. Cavendish not far down on the Dowsett group despite that nasty climb, good stuff.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • That was good.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Van Baarle takes the lead, not Kwiatkowski.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • RichN95 wrote:
    Van Baarle takes the lead, not Kwiatkowski.

Bxa51X3IYAAF__g.jpg
  • Fair enough. Never heard of that guy before. Kwiatek should manage to take that back in the TT.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • hammerite
    Fair enough. Never heard of that guy before. Kwiatek should manage to take that back in the TT.

Me neither. Some decent U23 results though. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dylan_van_Baarle
  • Hart finished the stage apparently
  • hammerite
    He wasn't't still in the barriers when Dowsett's group came in. I think he was riding in pretty slowly as that group finished.
  • lucan2
    lucan2 Posts: 293
    Appalling commentary on ITV. Doddery old commentator failed to notice the crash on the final bend and then bangs on about Kwiatowski not realising there were two more riders between him and the winner - No, dozy arse, YOU didn't realise!!! Time for someone who is capable of commentating to take over?
  • adr82
    adr82 Posts: 4,002
  • adr82 wrote:

Thanks for posting
    He was over the bars before he even reached the barriers