Its time for a lights thread

12346»

Comments

• tgotb
    tgotb Posts: 4,714
    coriordan wrote:
    Seems I can get a pair of F+R Lezyne Micro Drives for £38 through sportspursuit. Worth it? Waterproof(ish)? Needed for 'be seen' and a bit of 'light up the road' in Richmond Park.

Currently running mega cheapy rubber things which aren't ideal.
    That's what I'm using this year, and pretty happy with them so far. The front has been fine in the park so far, but it's towards the less bright end of the spectrum of lights I'd be comfortable with. Perfectly adequate for seeing the road, not so good for stray deer; on the flip side, you don't have to worry about blinding people.
    The front also gives you the ability to disable all the flashing modes, which is nice.

Built-in batteries won't last forever, but with a bit of fiddling it is possible to replace them; they're standard CR123a rechargeables.
    Pannier, 120rpm.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    How would they fare in a Tuesday-esque deluge without guards? That's my worry. Saw a couple of reviews saying they don't like wet?
  • tgotb
    tgotb Posts: 4,714
    coriordan wrote:
    How would they fare in a Tuesday-esque deluge without guards? That's my worry. Saw a couple of reviews saying they don't like wet?
    Can't comment I'm afraid. They've been fine for the last couple of months *with* guards, with no problems, but as I can't really see the point of riding around in the winter without mudguards, I'm not the best person to test it.
    Pannier, 120rpm.