TDF Stage 19: Maubourguet to Bergerac ***spoiler***

RideOnTime
RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
edited July 2014 in Pro race
WARNING

This thread may contain spoilers...
This thread may contain a break from the peleton...
This thread may contain echelons...
This thread may contain amateur commentaire...
This thread may contain français de Boulting Ned

2vvlxj7.jpg

Comments

• ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,310
    Anyone wants to put a penny on Sagan? :roll:
    left the forum March 2023
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    Sagan will miss the break...

2ldwy7c.jpg
  • Tom BB
    Tom BB Posts: 1,001
    Blazing Saddles can you tidy this up please! 8)
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Anyone wants to put a penny on Sagan? :roll:
    I've got a fiver on Kittel at 6/1, which I thought was silly odds (I know he's tired but he's usually odds on for sprint stages)
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,710
    Tom BB wrote:
    Blazing Saddles can you tidy this up please! 8)

OK. :wink:

While the UK continues to enjoy a proper Summer, the races plods on through grey skies and rain....

etape_19.gif

Could it still play a part in the outcome of the race?
    I wouldn't fancy these conditions, tomorrow.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • cesco
    cesco Posts: 252
    Movistar only have one car left in the race. Might be a problem if one of their riders gets in the breakaway.
  • Dippydog2
    Dippydog2 Posts: 291
    I cycled the route a few weeks ago. Really smooth Tarmac freshly laid on the one and only hill up to Chateau Monbazillac. It will be a really fast stage. Wind behind as well.
  • RichN95.
    cesco wrote:
    Movistar only have one car left in the race. Might be a problem if one of their riders gets in the breakaway.
    They won't though, for that reason.
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    cesco wrote:

What? And they can't get another one in? Even a nice estate from Avis or Europcar would be better than nothing, surely.
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • RichN95.
    Salsiccia1 wrote:
    cesco wrote:

What? And they can't get another one in? Even a nice estate from Avis or Europcar would be better than nothing, surely.
    The problem is not the car itself - they've been thrown out by ASO along with JJ Rojas for rule breaking.
  • salsiccia1
    RichN95 wrote:
    Salsiccia1 wrote:
    cesco wrote:

The problem is not the car itself - they've been thrown out by ASO along with JJ Rojas for rule breaking.

Ah. As you were. :oops:
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,400

etape_19.gif

It goes through a place called Condom? Titter titter.
  • milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    Lets get the condom innuendos out the way on the first page.
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    RichN95 wrote:
    Salsiccia1 wrote:
    cesco wrote:

Sorry but ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. My sides. :lol:

Is anyone going to post a picture of John Nettles? I would but I'm on an iPad at the hairdressers.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • above_the_cows
    Milton50 wrote:
    Lets get the condom innuendos out the way on the first page.

The French are good at these sorts of place names. There's a Tampon on Reunion.
  • salsiccia1
    _56120481_002313038-1.jpg

And while we're here, let's have a Charlie Hungerford

alexander_1415009f.jpg
  • above_the_cows
    Excellent work. John Nettles looks a bit dishy in that pic if he still looked like that I might watch Midsommer Murders.
  • dsoutar
    dsoutar Posts: 1,746
    How long was Rojas behind the car ? Must have been a bloody age for a DQ, no ?

And it wasn't even on the climb !
  • adr82
    adr82 Posts: 4,002
    dsoutar wrote:
    That or the ASO don't like Movistar either
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    RichN95 wrote:
    Salsiccia1 wrote:
    cesco wrote:

That really is pretty ridiculous.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • knedlicky
    knedlicky Posts: 3,097
    Weather down by Bergerac. They‘ve also had hailstone between the showers. Wind too (notice photo with barriers blown over). At the moment not actually raining at Bergerac, but there is an orange alert storm warning for the whole area crossed during today's stage.

BtYvWbzCUAARs1e.jpg
    BtYT_xrIIAA6KDt.jpg
    BtYhbIkCMAAkoN4.jpg
  • type:epyt
    type:epyt Posts: 766
    Missed comedy opportunity with Stefano/Greg there. They should have had the rear window going up and down to mimic Greg talking.
    Life is unfair, kill yourself or get over it.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Hopefully this terrible London weather will continue so you all stay away from the pub tonight and I can have a nice quiet day ;)

Are they going through any Gironde Forest? Havent seen "that" photo for a while...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • above_the_cows
    dsoutar wrote:

And it wasn't even on the climb !

Maybe it was cumulative. Perhaps this isn't the first time this Tour and perhaps they failed to stop when the commissaires told them to stop.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,710
    Been live on tv for 10 minutes now.
    One minute the Sun is shining, the next, the heavens open.
    125kms to go and the usual suspect form the break.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • dabber
    dabber Posts: 1,973
    knedlicky wrote:
    Weather down by Bergerac. They‘ve also had hailstone between the showers. Wind too (notice photo with barriers blown over). At the moment not actually raining at Bergerac, but there is an orange alert storm warning for the whole area crossed during today's stage.

I was riding in the Departement du Lot (a bit to the east of them) this morning and got caught in an a horrible storm, the rain was lashing down and lots of thunder and lightning... not nice. The roads were awash.
    “You may think that; I couldn’t possibly comment!”

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    Christian Guiberteau: «This is favourable for a bunch sprint»

Questioned during the race by France Televisions, Giant-Shimano's DS Christian Guiberteau said: “With five riders in the lead, it's a race scenario favourable for a bunch sprint finish. Cannondale was quick to ride behind the breakaway with us, Lotto did a bit too and Katusha should cooperate soon. Usually in the last stage before the time trial and Paris, it's more difficult to control the race but many teams want the same thing today. John Degenkolb has recovered from his injury. He's really motivated. If Marcel Kittel overcomes the hill before the finish, he's faster than John but more probably, it's a good finish for John.”

GAUTIER C.
    SLAGTER T.
    ELMIGER M.
    TAARAMÄE R.
    GERARD A.

2:50 on the bunch. 84.5km gone.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • above_the_cows
    Apparently Rojas drafted and then held onto the car. Can't say I'm terribly sorry for him, karma is not temporally limited.
  • above_the_cows
    CHENG
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    Wonder when the team will inform Elmiger that he exposed his Red Cross parcel to a worldwide daytime TV audience.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.