Greetings From Stevo

arran77
arran77 Posts: 9,260
edited July 2014 in The bottom bracket
Stevo wanted me to say he's missing you all especially you Pina :P

30tqxip.jpg

2wqct3d.jpg

Looks like he's having fun in Wales on his gravity / van assisted riding weekend 8)
"Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn

Comments

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,690
    Why does he have a Mini-Me on his helmet?
  • arran77
    orraloon wrote:
    Why does he have a Mini-Me on his helmet?

That's a roadie clinging on for a free ride wanting to experience a proper ride on a DH run :wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • crumbschief
    crumbschief Posts: 3,399
    Nice decals
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,349
    He looks like a transformer gone wrong.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,515
    Cheers Arran.

8) day - apart from the ferkin heat: got boiled alive in my mighty morphing power ranger outfit. Had a play on the black runs when I managed to grow a pair in the afternoon - bloody great fun but I'm missing some skin off my elbows after stacking it on one of the bigger drops.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    F'ing hell, are you really so hideously ugly you have to conceal your face like that?? :lol::lol::lol:
  • arran77
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Cheers Arran.

8) day - apart from the ferkin heat: got boiled alive in my mighty morphing power ranger outfit. Had a play on the black runs when I managed to grow a pair in the afternoon - bloody great fun but I'm missing some skin off my elbows after stacking it on one of the bigger drops.

No worries 8)

Wasn't ever going to get a particularly good reception to be fair, some people don't recognise a decent bike when they see it :wink:

I think we've discovered a few more like Piña though who are suppressing their inner mountain bike urges :lol:

seanoconn
  • Stevo_666
    johnfinch wrote:
    F'ing hell, are you really so hideously ugly you have to conceal your face like that?? :lol::lol::lol:
    You've sussed me out finchy :) Although it would be even worse if I didn't wear one after todays little offs !
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    arran77 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Cheers Arran.

No worries 8)

Wasn't ever going to get a particularly good reception to be fair, some people don't recognise a decent bike when they see it :wink:

I think we've discovered a few more like Piña though who are suppressing their inner mountain bike urges :lol:
    Maybe next time I shouldn't give them the bird?

Give me enough time and I'll 'cure" them :D
  • arran77
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Cheers Arran.

No worries 8)

Maybe next time I shouldn't give them the bird?

Give me enough time and I'll 'cure" them :D

Perhaps it was a little offensive, maybe you could have just mooned at them :lol:

I think you'll find that some of them are a little beyond being cured :wink:

seanoconn
  • Stevo_666
    arran77 wrote:

Perhaps it was a little offensive, maybe you could have just mooned at them :lol:

I think you'll find that some of them are a little beyond being cured :wink:
    I was thinking of bacon :)
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,324
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    All that armour and you still managed to take some skin off your elbow?
  • pinno
    I have to exorcise this thread

jens-voigt04_2011_1.jpg
  • veronese68
    What pro roadies do for fun:
    OTH_ppp0742.jpg
    As opposed to old pros like Piña the Diva.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    All that armour and you still managed to take some skin off your elbow?
    Yep, I call it 'armour burn'. If you hit the deck at a reasonable rate of knots then depending how you make contact, sometimes the friction between ground and armour moves the armour and the inside of the armour scrapes the skin underneath.

Just superficial stuff in the end but without armour that would have ended my day and probably got me into Cardiff A&E. Trails there can be pretty rough/gravelly/rocky
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,871
    was it also the mondeo owners club car boot day?
  • Stevo_666
    matthew h wrote:
    Best to go low profile in Merthyr so the contents of your car don't get 'borrowed' :) Mondeos just happen to be able to take a DH bike in the back without removing anything - 780mm bars can be a bit of a faff manoeuvring into a lot of cars.
  • arran77
    matthew h wrote:

Mondeo's have loads of room for a DH bike and all those roadies bodies that 'accidentally' got knocked off their bikes on the way to the trails :twisted:
    I have to exorcise this thread

jens-voigt04_2011_1.jpg

He looks a bit 'limp wristed' :lol:

seanoconn
  • pinno
    ^That man is as tough as nails. That is Jens Voigt, currently riding the Tdf aged 43.

Tougher than 10 mountain bikers bailed in my machinery.
  • Stevo_666
    He appears to have smaller balls than this girl: :wink:

rachel_action_pic.jpg
  • florerider
    florerider Posts: 1,112
    arran77 wrote:
    Stevo wanted me to say he's missing you all especially you Pina :P

30tqxip.jpg

2wqct3d.jpg

Looks like he's having fun in Wales on his gravity / van assisted riding weekend 8)

That's quite a set up for that little hill you've just come down :lol:
  • Stevo_666
    florerider wrote:
    That's quite a set up for that little hill you've just come down :lol:
    Here's the run that we were doing in the afternoon (though not quite as fast as the bloke who filmed this footage :P )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvSYpFN6H-E
  • finchy
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    He appears to have smaller balls than this girl: :wink:

rachel_action_pic.jpg

Does she do 70 mph downhill?

Anyway, I've now got a mountain bike and I've had 2 punctures in one week. Thanks Stevo and Arran, you c**ts.
  • Stevo_666
    johnfinch wrote:
    Anyway, I've now got a mountain bike and I've had 2 punctures in one week. Thanks Stevo and Arran, you c**ts.
    Sorry, not my fault if God hates roadies.

BTW welcome to The Dark Side - all you need now is a Darth Vader outfit like mine and the transformation is complete :wink:
  • finchy
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    johnfinch wrote:

BTW welcome to The Dark Side - all you need now is a Darth Vader outfit like mine and the transformation is complete :wink:

I don't think I'll be needing that for a while. The bike's got a baby seat on. I go up and down a few slopes and dips, much to Baby Finch's delight, but I'm going to have to leave the DH bit for now.
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    johnfinch wrote:

BTW welcome to The Dark Alleyway Side - all you need now is a Darth Vader outfit like mine and the transformation is complete :wink:

FTFY

Be careful florerider...
  • florerider
    florerider Posts: 1,112

Be careful florerider...

I'm just embarrassed that Alberto got up the Platzerwassel faster than I did :oops:
  • pinno
    florerider wrote:

Be careful florerider...

I'm just embarrassed that Alberto got up the Platzerwassel faster than I did :oops:

Did he get a view of it from the x-ray dept.?
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,871
    johnfinch wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    johnfinch wrote:

I don't think I'll be needing that for a while. The bike's got a baby seat on. I go up and down a few slopes and dips, much to Baby Finch's delight, but I'm going to have to leave the DH bit for now.

no - kids love a bit of fun.

I took my eldest around the Llandegla blue route on the back of my bike - got to the end and he had lost a wellie & his dummy - but he loved it
  • veronese68
    matthew h wrote:
    johnfinch wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    johnfinch wrote:

no - kids love a bit of fun.

I took my eldest around the Llandegla blue route on the back of my bike - got to the end and he had lost a wellie & his dummy - but he loved it
    Indeed, took the boy off road a few times on the tag along. He absolutely loved it. The EPO wasn't so impressed when we got home and he was absolutely caked in mud, then he smiled and revealed the mouthful of mud he had from laughing all the way round.