Putney Bridge closed for 3 months?

1235»

Comments

• cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    rower63 wrote:
    TGOTB wrote:
    Putney Bridge is now way better, with a new lane down the middle that's probably 3 times the width of the old one on the pavement, and plenty of space to overtake dawdlers.
    I reckon it'll still be a nightmare tomorrow though, planning to take an alternate route if I remember...
    It'll be interesting to see if they've opened the middle section simply in anticipation of the match, or if it's part of the ongoing plan. It's actually just wide enough now to ride it with decent clearance for oncoming, though I haven't seen anyone do it yet.
    Had to replace a cleat on Sunday, they're wearing through pretty fast! (Look Keo)

You're surely not going to give up on reclaiming your KOM, are you? ;) :P Get back to hugging the river!
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • rower63
    rower63 Posts: 1,991
    TGOTB wrote:
    rower63 wrote:
    TGOTB wrote:
    Putney Bridge is now way better, with a new lane down the middle that's probably 3 times the width of the old one on the pavement, and plenty of space to overtake dawdlers.
    I reckon it'll still be a nightmare tomorrow though, planning to take an alternate route if I remember...
    It'll be interesting to see if they've opened the middle section simply in anticipation of the match, or if it's part of the ongoing plan. It's actually just wide enough now to ride it with decent clearance for oncoming, though I haven't seen anyone do it yet.
    Had to replace a cleat on Sunday, they're wearing through pretty fast! (Look Keo)
    I reckon it's part of the plan; hoardings coming down on the East side, and pavement still being laid on the West side. Looks like all they need to do in the roadway is lay the final layers of tarmac, which I'm guessing would only take a couple of days. I reckon they'll keep it as-is until everything else is done, and maybe do the tarmac in halves.
    It now seems to be going so fast I wonder what they're going to do until October. Perhaps they'll get it all finished, then dig up the necessary channels to lay traffic light cables etc and refill it all again.
    Dolan Titanium ADX 2016
    Ridley Noah FAST 2013
    Bottecchia/Campagnolo 1990
    Carrera Parva Hybrid 2016
    Hoy Sa Calobra 002 2014 [off duty]
    Storck Absolutist 2011 [off duty]
    http://www.slidingseat.net/cycling/cycling.html
  • rower63
    rower63 Posts: 1,991
    cjcp wrote:
    You're surely not going to give up on reclaiming your KOM, are you? ;) :P Get back to hugging the river!
    :D:D
    only walk PB in headwind conditions
    Dolan Titanium ADX 2016
    Ridley Noah FAST 2013
    Bottecchia/Campagnolo 1990
    Carrera Parva Hybrid 2016
    Hoy Sa Calobra 002 2014 [off duty]
    Storck Absolutist 2011 [off duty]
    http://www.slidingseat.net/cycling/cycling.html