2015 Gear

Comments

• Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    dennisn wrote:
    Paul 8v wrote:
    Dennis, I can't decide if you're an enigma or an argumentative pain in the a$$ :-)

Well, I sure do like a good "debate"(argument). As for being an enigma. Sounds good, so I'm in. :wink:
    Fair enough :D
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    tinkoff14-contador-big.jpg

That's a decent scar.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • rc856
    rc856 Posts: 1,144
    shazzz wrote:

2S0A9391_1-672x428.jpg

All they need now is to be riding Cipo's camo bike
  • Key
    Key Posts: 464
    New Katjusja kit
    20144746-247329-980x576.jpg
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,094
    Now that ^ is going to stand out. I guess the Saxo Tinkoff is all very wel for a breakaway but if Lotto are targeting classics, why don't they make a strip that looks like a section of pave?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • B4PoZ_FIQAARtqo.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Crampeur
    Crampeur Posts: 1,065
    f2b97b0ec13612178265f56e4b1a87d0.jpg

OPQS 2015
  • I like that, better than this year at least.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • phil s
    phil s Posts: 1,128
    The new Trek Factory Racing kit is a big improvement on last year's, more visible... but you'll all have to wait till they do the press release to see it.
    -- Dirk Hofman Motorhomes --
  • pinno
    I don't like that Trek frame - it looks cheap.
  • I don't like that Trek frame - it looks cheap.

Yeah it could be a 500 pounds entry level bike. 95% of Treks are ugly.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Any chance of a thread just for kits?

I don't really look at this thread as I'm not fussed on the latest groupsets etc, but I do like to see the new jerseys
  • pinno
    Any chance of a thread just for kits?

I don't really look at this thread as I'm not fussed on the latest groupsets etc, but I do like to see the new jerseys

That's fair enough but according to some frequenters of this here said forum, wearing team kit is not cool. You have to buy Assos after re-mortgaging your house. Oh yes, and there is a little matter about helmets...
  • Any chance of a thread just for kits?

http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40002&t=13001596

I thought that too
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    So what do people place the MOST emphasis on when buying a bike and clothing? Looks or performance or money? :?
    For me it's money. Am always scrounging for a good deal.
    Looks comes in second. I don't want a bike that looks like every other bike out there. Hench my steely Gios.
    Performance comes in a sad third. At 66 years all I've discovered is that I simply like to ride. Get away by myself.
  • pinno
    dennisn wrote:
    So what do people place the MOST emphasis on when buying a bike and clothing? Looks or performance or money? :?

Only one word to say about that - Prendas.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Didn't know Cancellara liked "ergo" bars.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Surprised they ve pictured him without the Domane Frame too...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • The Trek kit might be the most awesome ever... but it will still be a Trek kit.

B4Z4JWFIEAAEK7h.png:large

Slow reveal from Cofidis and a warm welcome back to the peloton to Orbea...

has Sammy Sanchez renewed with BMC yet? or could we see him back on an Orca?
  • Storck-Aerfast-20th-Anniversary-Road-Bike.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • TimB34
    TimB34 Posts: 316
    ddraver wrote:

That IS a domane - there are more pictures here http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/gallery ... e-6-series

I hada quick look back too - Cancerllara's been on ergo bars for a good few years
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    dennisn wrote:

Only one word to say about that - Prendas.

Looks good but with me being here and them being over there I'm not so sure. Although in recent years even the high end mail order places are getting the message that not everyone wants to pay the big money if they can get the same thing cheaper.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    TimB34 wrote:
    ddraver wrote:

That IS a domane - there are more pictures here http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/gallery ... e-6-series

I hada quick look back too - Cancerllara's been on ergo bars for a good few years

Then I'm even more surprised they ve coloured the seat tube flibbityjibbit given thats such a big part of the frame.

Maybe your average dentist that buys it doesnt want you to know that it's "only a sportive bike"

simpsons_4.jpg
    #NicheReference
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    That is a Domane but the isospeed decoupler is painted red, look at the rake on the forks, the Madone has straight blades.

It may not be his actual bike as the stem looks too short and doesn't have the metal plaque on the top. Also he's not using speedplays.

The red looks awful but it possibly matches the new kit. I liked the light blue ones they did the best.

Edit: Oh balls, why did it not show me the last page before I wrote that...
  • dennisn wrote:
    Looks comes in second. I don't want a bike that looks like every other bike out there. Hench my steely Gios.
    Performance comes in a sad third. At 66 years all I've discovered is that I simply like to ride. Get away by myself.
    I bet performance isn't really third, would you really prefer a real good looking kit that is dirt cheap, with a chamois like sandpaper than average looking kit that is quite expensive but is comfy as.......
  • pinno
    The Trek kit might be the most awesome ever... but it will still be a Trek kit.

Slow reveal from Cofidis and a warm welcome back to the peloton to Orbea...

has Sammy Sanchez renewed with BMC yet? or could we see him back on an Orca?

Don't care so long as he pairs up with Bertie for the descents in the TdF/Giro/Vuelta.
  • Team Bora
    galliumpro_boa_2015_670.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • has Sammy Sanchez renewed with BMC yet? or could we see him back on an Orca?

JumpingOrca.jpg
    :?