2015 Gear

Comments

• dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    Paul 8v wrote:
    OakleyMadmanDarkCarbonRubyIridiumPolarizedOO6019-04_zps7e38f506.jpg

OakleyBadmanDarkCarbonBlackIridiumPolarizedOO6020-01_zps07b13664.jpg

Oakley Badman and Madman.
    They haven't bought out any bonkers ones in a while, it was about time!

Way too trendy. No staying power. Here today gone tomorrow styling.
  • Paul 8v wrote:

Exactly! I quite like 'em.

dennisn wrote:

I reckon you wear a pair like this...

a608756169.jpg
  • Cant see the pic of the O's ?
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    A few other riders in the new kit:
    IMG_20141127_202822.jpg

Which one is Pirlo?
  • shazzz
    shazzz Posts: 1,077
    You can still spot the Cannondale rider, despite the cunning disguise.....

2S0A9391_1-672x428.jpg

rearstudio.jpg

shoulders1.jpg
  • dennisn
    Paul 8v wrote:

Exactly! I quite like 'em.

dennisn wrote:

I reckon you wear a pair like this...

a608756169.jpg

In all honesty I've always prided myself in NOT doing or wearing or buying what you're supposed to. The very thought of being like everybody else sort of repulses me. It's why those glasses don't appeal to me. It's why I don't vote or pay any attention to politics(too boring). It's why I still downhill ski even though it seems everyone tells me I'm not supposed to because I'm 66. I will admit to being trendy in the sense that I really do love trying out different IPA's. Hooked on those.
  • dennisn
    Opps. Double post.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    shazzz wrote:

2S0A9391_1-672x428.jpg
    They look like the paramilitary wing of Europcar.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Really weird if it is the real kit. Not sure how the riders feel about being Tinkoffs soldiers and flying the Russian flag.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    shazzz wrote:

That camo is rubbish. I can see the lot of them.
  • 10408991_10152696596249213_5061732475750889958_n.jpg
    B3y3DKhCcAEBTGE.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    Is that really their new kit? Shameful.
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • Ah so it turns out to be a training kit only. Official kit on 19 Dec. Lots of photos on Cnews.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • philbar72
    philbar72 Posts: 2,229
    reminds me of one of this years morvelo kits but with crud logo's all over it. its terrible.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,095
    shazzz wrote:

2S0A9391_1-672x428.jpg

Not one that I can see are wearing gloves. Does that mean that they are sure Bertie isn't going to fall off and create a domino fall?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • shazzz
    shazzz Posts: 1,077
    This is a sneaky peak at the real kit. There's a bit more on the Sportful site.
    It seems to also have the Russian flag, as well as a curiously positioned Specialized "S" logo...
    shazzz wrote:

rearstudio.jpg

shoulders1.jpg
  • FSA for Tinkoff:
    b7553c293e0bf1f1491f5cc115e433e4.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    FSA for Tinkoff:
    b7553c293e0bf1f1491f5cc115e433e4.jpg

And Dura ace, and Roval wheels.

http://road.cc/content/news/137360-tink ... al-and-fsa
  • So that's SRAM down to 2 teams now (unless the new Cannondale team keep Garmin's Dura Ace). Ouch!
  • Makes Paolini look like a genius now, eh.
    Life is unfair, kill yourself or get over it.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    UK Cycling Expert ‏@ukcyclingexpert · 2h2 hours ago
    Disappointing to see Tinkoff-Paxo have unveiled another new kit. How do the teams expect parents to keep shelling out for them every year?

B33TEyRIgAALmuA.jpg

Alberto Contador ‏@albertocontador · 43m43 minutes ago
    First training in G.Canaria,here with @Roman86_K ...it seems that @petosagan don't like too much our equipment! ;);)
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • dennisn wrote:
    In all honesty I've always prided myself in NOT doing or wearing or buying what you're supposed to. The very thought of being like everybody else sort of repulses me. It's why those glasses don't appeal to me. It's why I don't vote or pay any attention to politics(too boring). It's why I still downhill ski even though it seems everyone tells me I'm not supposed to because I'm 66. I will admit to being trendy in the sense that I really do love trying out different IPA's. Hooked on those.

You're overthinking this. If you like the sunnies, buy them. If you don't, well then don't. Nobody is telling you that you HAVE to buy them (in fact, I don't think Oakley will sell to many of then whereas they will sell loads of Holbrooks).

It's like you could just go skiing because you like skiing. Who cares what anyone thinks.
  • dennisn
    dennisn wrote:

You're overthinking this. If you like the sunnies, buy them. If you don't, well then don't. Nobody is telling you that you HAVE to buy them (in fact, I don't think Oakley will sell to many of then whereas they will sell loads of Holbrooks).

It's like you could just go skiing because you like skiing. Who cares what anyone thinks.

You do make a few good points. No one is really telling me I must buy them, although the manufacturer and his advertising agency are trying their damnedest to insert the idea in peoples heads that they must have this. To me that has always seemed like a sort of insult to any brains you and I might have.
    Also, I do go skiing because I like to. Still if someone told me I couldn't or shouldn't I would be on the slopes the next day, out of spite(I guess).
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    What if they told you that you should? Would you quite out of spite? Did you stop doing exercise because the gov't said it was good for you?

If you're smart, then the marketing will just bring them to your attention and which point you can decide if you want/need them or not.
  • tom3
    tom3 Posts: 287
    Is Sagan on a Venge or Tarmac?
  • tinkoff14-contador-big.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    tom3 wrote:
    Is Sagan on a Venge or Tarmac?

Venge
  • dennisn
    coriordan wrote:
    If you're smart, then the marketing will just bring them to your attention and which point you can decide if you want/need them or not.

Absolutely right. It would seem though that I am a thoroughly skeptical and sarcastic person. Add to that the fact that I seem to question everything and it's not hard to see who I am. Always been this way, but I believe in a sort of good way. :?
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Dennis, I can't decide if you're an enigma or an argumentative pain in the a$$ :-)
  • dennisn
    Paul 8v wrote:
    Dennis, I can't decide if you're an enigma or an argumentative pain in the a$$ :-)

Well, I sure do like a good "debate"(argument). As for being an enigma. Sounds good, so I'm in. :wink: