To T47B - How's the Isetta?

Comments

• team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Mirrors?

It only has one :D

Too hot to do anything, slight breeze is like a hairdryer, can just about manage a bike ride in the morning before it gets too hot.

Today mrs T was painting and I was mostly watching paint dry. :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,600
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Yep, it is fast...

You wouldn't want to get an ugly one would you? :D

Do you cycle in wellies? Are there cliffs in Wales?

Where the heck is T47b? Don't tell me he's moved on to the wing mirrors. He must grow a lot of Spinach.
    I do have footwear with thick rubber soles and yes there are cliffs, we ride down them :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Yep, it is fast...

You wouldn't want to get an ugly one would you? :D

Do you cycle in wellies? Are there cliffs in Wales?

Where the heck is T47b? Don't tell me he's moved on to the wing mirrors. He must grow a lot of Spinach.
    I do have footwear with thick rubber soles and yes there are cliffs, we ride down them :)

Down them, I thought it was off them :P
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • team47b
    Sorry to interrupt on your forum Arran... :D

I thought there was only one bubble window Isetta in Portugal, but I have found another...

http://www.custojusto.pt/setubal/descap ... a-13523504
  • arran77
    team47b wrote:

I thought there was only one bubble window Isetta in Portugal, but I have found another...

Is that how much yours is worth :shock:

That's sillier money than Bay's and Split's :wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • team47b
    Mine is a bit more original, this one has some non original added 'extras' not sure if someone buying this would be happy to spend about five grand on top to put it 'right'.

this one is a bit overpriced, 25,000 maybe.

Mine is clearly priceless :D
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,088
    team47b wrote:

...and it's a convertible - that'll get all the babes (under 7 stone).
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • team47b
    Big resto job to do today...the chrome end cap fell off an indicator bulb! 59 years old! They don't make 'em to last :D

I will, of course, post photos later of my progress on this big job.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    as long as the photos are individual we will be happy to view them
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • team47b
    sa0u823e wrote:
    as long as the photos are individual we will be happy to view them

Always :D

So while we are waiting for bulb progress here's one I did earlier, an authentic reproduction sun visor :D

The plate behind the mirror bracket is made from a bit of steel from a found BBQ, the rod from a found chrome tent peg, the hinge is half a hinge I found, the magnet is a rare earth one which is really strong, I found it one day attached to one of my SPD cleats along with two paper clips, I bought the Perspex on the bay :D

imagejpg1-19.jpg
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    team47b wrote:
    Mine is a bit more original, this one has some non original added 'extras' not sure if someone buying this would be happy to spend about five grand on top to put it 'right'.

this one is a bit overpriced, 25,000 maybe.

Mine is clearly priceless :D
    Jesus! That's 8,333.33333 a wheel! :shock:
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • team47b
    6,250 per wheel :D

Either your maths is really bad or for some reason you think that my car has a wheel missing :D
  • seanoconn
    :oops: has it really got 4 wheels?
  • team47b
    All german built BMW Isetta's have four wheels only the Brits thought that the cheaper road tax if it had three wheels would increase sales made a three wheeler, I think four is more stable on roundabouts :D

It also has four forward gears and one reverse and the sun roof was a standard feature deemed necessary in case you ran into the back of another car and would then need an alternative form of escape :D
  • seanoconn
    :D Four wheels are better.

team47b wrote:
    It also has four forward gears and one reverse
    So unlike Italian tanks which had one forward gear and four reverse. Anyone seen Veronese68 lately?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    seanoconn wrote:
    Anyone seen Veronese68 lately?
    I think he went the same way as his former pussy.
  • arran77
    Veronese68 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    Anyone seen Veronese68 lately?
    I think he went the same way as his former pussy.

RIP Veronese68's pussy :cry:

seanoconn
  • team47b
    Now that the insurance company have inspected the damage I can, as they say, proceed with the repair at my own expense, while they spend the next month trying to wriggle out of paying up :roll:

So whilst waiting to get the bodywork done and the car resprayed I have now removed the other vehicle's white paint and the dents from my panels, so that I don't have to look at it every day...

Before...
    ouch.jpg

After...
    DSC02919.jpg
  • Flâneur
    This attempt of a car is beginning to grow on me, back to looking for a 76 911 I think, can't afford it but at least it is a real car
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    sa0u823e wrote:
    This attempt of a car is beginning to grow on me, back to looking for a 76 911 I think, can't afford it but at least it is a real car

I let one out of a junction today - yellow it were, Flippin' gorgeous. Agree completely with your sentiment - I've wanted one for ages. I think that Nina from Nina and the Neurons would look perfect in the passenger seat. Or HTA. HTA. Now you're talking .............................. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm. HTA in an old 911.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Flâneur
    sa0u823e wrote:

I let one out of a junction today - yellow it were, Flippin' gorgeous. Agree completely with your sentiment - I've wanted one for ages. I think that Nina from Nina and the Neurons would look perfect in the passenger seat. Or HTA. HTA. Now you're talking .............................. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm. HTA in an old 911.

Nina one of the few scottish ladies we can talk about? who is HTA?

T47B, who you going to fit into your passenger seat....
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    We can talk about but can't post any piccies for fear of the ban hammer of Richard.

Hot Teaching Assistant. She's luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuverly.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • arran77
    sa0u823e wrote:
    sa0u823e wrote:

Nina one of the few scottish ladies we can talk about? who is HTA?

T47B, who you going to fit into your passenger seat....

The luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuverly Mrs T47 I presume :wink:

seanoconn
  • pinno
    T47 - Panel beater extroadinaire. I hope you returned the bits off his car.
  • team47b
    Arran, of course :D

The trick to panel bending is to get it really hot, so I left the car in the sun for an hour, you could hardly touch the panel for the heat, then pushed it back out from the inside by laying down on the seat, first removing mrs T, and pushing with my feet :D
  • pinno
    That's a great technique.
    I guess you could put your back against the opposite side.
    The panel below my rear bumper on the van (after some silly miss ran inot the back of us), was straightened a little more agriculturally.
    Here was the tool list:
    One length of chain.
    The hook arm of the full steel skip.
    A U bolt and
    A foot on the throttle.
  • arran77
    (after some silly miss ran inot the back of us)

That'll teach Speshlady to try and run away :lol:

seanoconn
  • team47b
    The outside measurement is 1.38 metres wide, I think that's 4 foot six in old money, the seat is four feet wide, so lots of room to stretch out :D

My neighbour in the UK tried a similar trick to you by tying his bumper to a cherry tree stump and drove off leaving the stump, chain, bumper and brackets on his front lawn!
  • pinno
    team47b wrote:
    The outside measurement is 1.38 metres wide, I think that's 4 foot six in old money, the seat is four feet wide, so lots of room to stretch out :D

My neighbour in the UK tried a similar trick to you by tying his bumper to a cherry tree stump and drove off leaving the stump, chain, bumper and brackets on his front lawn!

Like this?
  • team47b
    Nice :D

Liked the tree stump destroying the shed!