Kreuziger out of Tour. Bio irregularities.

Comments

• joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    RichN95 wrote:
    Kreuziger's appeal to CAS has failed so the temporary suspension remains. Ill thought out Russian tweets to follow.

Funnily enough.

I can just see CAS sitting there debating it. Not.
  • danlikesbikes
    danlikesbikes Posts: 3,898
    RichN95 wrote:
    Kreuziger's appeal to CAS has failed so the temporary suspension remains. Ill thought out Russian tweets to follow.

Reading some of the previous tweets it might make for so entertaining reading, let's just hope it's not offensive though
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • danlikesbikes
    danlikesbikes Posts: 3,898
    RichN95 wrote:

Reading some of the previous tweets it might make for some entertaining reading, let's just hope it's not offensive though
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Kreuziger on twitter: “Ok, not what we expected, but we didn’t say last word! Looking forwards with Mr.Stovicek [his lawyer]…Life is full of surprised [sic].”

In response Oleg wrote:
    “Stay cool! We lost the battle but not the war. Remember, we had to let Moscow to Napoleon once, before we kick him out of Russia.”
    Contador is the Greatest
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,194
    Let's not forget there has been some "smoke" from Kreuziger before...

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/lat ... rari-30308
  • Shane Stokes ‏@SSbike · 6m
    Kreuziger cleared: UCI "will consider possibility of appealing the decision to CAS
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,158
    They're certain to appeal it. I agree with Iain's assessment on twitter. A small ADA doesn't have the money (or expertise) to prosecute it properly so it clears him, therefore effectively passing the buck onto UCI/WADA.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Good. Let them appeal. Let them eat cake.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,114
    So the reasoning of the Czech ADA seems to be, "because the UCI's experts contradicted the athlete's experts, we clear the athlete".

Right.
  • Good. Let them appeal. Let them eat cake.

Eh?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • RichN95 wrote:
    They're certain to appeal it. I agree with Iain's assessment on twitter. A small ADA doesn't have the money (or expertise) to prosecute it properly so it clears him, therefore effectively passing the buck onto UCI/WADA.
    :wink:
  • joelsim
    Good. Let them appeal. Let them eat cake.

Eh?

They certainly don't have the ability to contest Oleg's billions. It's a complete cop out and shows just how much needs to be done in the sport, FF's burying his head in the sand aside.
  • RichN95.
    Oleg doesn't have billions. He's rich but you won't find him on any list of Russia's billionaires.
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    RichN95 wrote:
    Oleg doesn't have billions. He's rich but you won't find him on any list of Russia's billionaires.

All he needs is Sergey or Larry's phone number, and nations disappear, never mind puny cycling federations.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • Trouble with all this is that tne UCI have never lost a bio passport case. They claim they only go after someone when tney can make it stick but the reality of that is they have already made their minds up. The independent experts they use can't be that independant unless they do the job for free, same as the experts brought in by the riders who seem to be viewed with some suspicion by the UCI/WADA.

Riders are being left with no career on the back of these cases, yet riders who are caught outright are back in the fold in 2 years (or 6 months if you cop a mickey mouse ban or backdated).
    Life is unfair, kill yourself or get over it.
  • type:epyt wrote:
    Trouble with all this is that tne UCI have never lost a bio passport case. They claim they only go after someone when tney can make it stick but the reality of that is they have already made their minds up.

Which is why the appeal is handled by the CAS rather than the UCI.
  • Amazed he has been cleared.

So Rogers and he go free.
  • RichN95.
    With regard to ideas that Tinkov will throw his money at a CAS defence, I really don't think that will happen.

Tinkov's objections about this case have been in regard to Kreuziger not being able to ride despite not being sanctioned, which meant he was paying money for nothing. He never really said anything proclaiming RK's innocence. But there were complaints about how the UCI should have tipped the team off before signing him.

I notice he hasn't tweeted anything about this since the verdict - my guess he was disappointed and was looking forward to getiing him off the payroll. I don't think he has much interest at throwing more money at what is probably a lost cause. It was wasted money thet irked him in the first place, not loyalty to RK.
  • joelsim
    Amazed he has been cleared.

+1. Shows that the system is still far from foolproof.
  • Joelsim wrote:

Cleared? Hardly.

Franco Pellizotti was originally cleared by CONI on the grounds of insufficient evidence.
    Tadej Valjavec cleared by Slovenian authority for the same reason.

Both got turned over by CAS.

The system working.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • joelsim
    Joelsim wrote:

Cleared? Hardly.

Franco Pellizotti was originally cleared by CONI on the grounds of insufficient evidence.
    Tadej Valjavec cleared by Slovenian authority for the same reason.

Both got turned over by CAS.

The system working.

I guess we will see. Firstly whether Tinkoff puts his money behind RK, and secondly whether the UCI feel they have a concrete case or not. I suspect one issue is not losing the case and making the passport a thing of ridicule and pointlessness.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Joelsim wrote:

I guess we will see. Firstly whether Tinkoff puts his money behind RK, and secondly whether the UCI feel they have a concrete case or not. I suspect one issue is not losing the case and making the passport a thing of ridicule and pointlessness.

The UCI don't go after passport cases unless they're absolutely certain. That's why there aren't that many of them, but when there are they 100% successful.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • iainf72 wrote:
    Joelsim wrote:

The UCI don't go after passport cases unless they're absolutely certain. That's why there aren't that many of them, but when there are they 100% successful.

How often are the riders cleared by their home ADA and do UCI always appeal?
  • r0bh
    iainf72 wrote:
    Joelsim wrote:

Contador for starters.
  • RichN95.
    iainf72 wrote:
    Joelsim wrote:

For passport cases? Riders have been cleared twice. The UCI has appealed twice. The UCI has won twice.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,941
  • r0bh
  • nic_77
    nic_77 Posts: 929
    @Roman86_K: Have you ever doped? NO! I passed a lie detector test. http://t.co/ToxMafzsMa #kreuzigercase #nevergiveup
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,114
    I definitely believe him now.
  • shinyhelmut
    shinyhelmut Posts: 1,364
    andyp wrote:
    I definitely believe him now.

I am as convinced of his innocence as I was Hamilton's when he passed a lie detector test.