Kreuziger out of Tour. Bio irregularities.

Comments

• joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Three independent experts ruled him to have no guilt. I hope the arcane and super slow doping authorities clear him asap.

If they had ruled him to have no guilt, then he would have been cleared. This looks to me like the UCI are finally cracking down to the best of their ability. It's not a TCS or Sky thing, it's Cookson doing the right thing in the interests of the sport. Think Belkin and the rest.

So far this year Rogers has got away with it, Henao looks like he may have got away with it, JTL TBC, Ulissi TBC, Kreuziger not looking like he has got away with it. Et al.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    It is basically three independent experts saying he is not guilty and some doping authorities saying he is.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,194
    It is basically three independent experts saying he is not guilty and some doping authorities saying he is.

Independent experts hired by the accused are not really independent are they?
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,941

Bless.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784

You know that for a passport case to go ahead, 3 anti-doping experts need to agree independently?

From what I've heard, for the UCI to go ahead with these things they need to be pretty sure. I believe under McQuaid, Verbiest used to try and block the cases and Pat / Gripper had to push them through.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,738
    I saw pat mcqaid in Geneva a couple weeks ago on place du molard.

Had a limp.
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    I saw pat mccaid in Geneva a couple weeks ago on place du molard.

Had a limp.

Everyone limps in Geneva. It relieves the crushing boredom of the place.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • iainf72
    Majka not pleased with Riis calling him up to ride Tour and says he doesn't care about his health.

Happy times at Tinkoff.
  • above_the_cows
    I'm quite flabbergasted that Majka was that publicly outspoken.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,114
    One of Cookson's first moves at the UCI was to move the anti-doping team out from under the control of the UCI President. They are now quasi-independent, in that they are still funded by the UCI but otherwise act independently of it.

It's also worth noting that thus far, the UCI's record in biological passport cases is 9-0 in their favour (with the JTL case and this one still outstanding) so they only bring cases when they think it is watertight.
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,470
    All falling apart under pressure for Tinkoff
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • frenchfighter
    Sounds like a spoilt brat to be honest. No desire either - Contador was ripping them up at his age and Fignon and Hinault making it rain.

I reckon Sky should take Majka. Soft environment and would suit his style - flairless.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Given he was supposed to be resting in order to do the Vuelta, probably as team leader, it is understandable.
  • frenchfighter
    Some riders would do anything to ride the Tour. Let alone be on the team favourite to win the overall. Plenty riders do two Grand Tours.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,005
    Joelsism wrote:

The problem with all of this is that it shows there are still ways that blood can be manipulated which are not conclusive. In other words there are still ways that the passport isn't perfect, as expected.

Where there is a way, there is a will. All it is is a chemistry on blood values with new and old, a bit of this and a bit of that to match the previous readings. Harder to get away with than before, and much more science needed from the experts who manipulate.
    Agree with this. Was at a talk by head of Olympic testing lab not long back who was much more comfortable looking for definite naughties in the blood, because everything else comes down to population statistics and probability. Strict liability might be harsh for some, but detection of foreign stuff in blood or urine is much more clear cut.
  • iainf72
    Some riders would do anything to ride the Tour. Let alone be on the team favourite to win the overall. Plenty riders do two Grand Tours.

Yeah, but it helps if you know you're doing it.

If he was on a team that wasn't expected to turn itself inside out to win it might be different.

Berts had 2 months off, then raced 8 days.
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    When was the last time someone hired an independent expert that DIDN'T support their case?
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,005
    Pokerface wrote:
    When was the last time someone hired an independent expert that DIDN'T support their case?
    If this is ref to my last post, we'll yes, head of analytical lab would say that chemical analysis is the best, because that 's what funds his lab, although I think they do the blood stats too.
  • phil s
    phil s Posts: 1,128
    Sounds like a spoilt brat to be honest. No desire either - Contador was ripping them up at his age and Fignon and Hinault making it rain.

I reckon Sky should take Majka. Soft environment and would suit his style - flairless.

PMSL.
    -- Dirk Hofman Motorhomes --
  • markwb79
    markwb79 Posts: 937
    I'm just jealous that you can get 4G on KPN already. Vodafone NL isn't rolling it out until October. Oh well contract up for renewal soon...

Thats not true, I get 4G on Vodafone.
    Scott Addict 2011
    Giant TCR 2012
  • Bo Duke
    Bo Duke Posts: 1,058
    Joelsim wrote:
    Given he was supposed to be resting in order to do the Vuelta, probably as team leader, it is understandable.

Yeah but... all hands on deck when the most important race of the year is suddenly at risk and second, even if he felt that way he shouldn't blab to the press. Sign of immaturity really.

One other thing... 2011-12.... wasn't that when Pat 'do what ever you want' McQuaid was in charge?
    'Performance analysis and Froome not being clean was a media driven story. I haven’t heard one guy in the peloton say a negative thing about Froome, and I haven’t heard a single person in the peloton suggest Froome isn’t clean.' TSP
  • Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
    The_Boy wrote:
    (I'm sure that the Clinic will view this as a Cookson/Sky conspiracy)

Well, why else would Sky be so confident they could leave Wiggins at home, eh? Eh? Eh?

#iseepatternseverywhere

Marginal gains

feed contadors chimp

timing is everything
  • above_the_cows
    Markwb79 wrote:
    I'm just jealous that you can get 4G on KPN already. Vodafone NL isn't rolling it out until October. Oh well contract up for renewal soon...

Thats not true, I get 4G on Vodafone.

Huh? People in the shop told me not until October. Bunch of shysters so they are.
  • milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    Three independent experts ruled him to have no guilt. I hope the arcane and super slow doping authorities clear him asap.

Sure, because having the rider or team pick their own 'independent' expert isn't open to abuse/bias whatsoever.

It's also worth noting that in the article it states:

"He offered the explanation, based on two medical expert opinions independently of each other"

Technically that sentence doesn't make the claim that they are independent experts, just that they offered their opinion independently of each other. That's very cynical and likely won't be significant but it's just something I noticed.
  • mike6
    mike6 Posts: 1,199
    Ha Ha, this is wonderfull. A week to the Tour, a guy totaly un related to Sky gets kicked out for an anomaly, and the Trolls blame it on Sky via Cookson.

You could not make this stuff up. Oh, wait........someone just did. I am relay looking forward to the race but I may, along with a few others, give the forum a miss to avoid the more childish posters. :roll:
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,744
    vietkhuong wrote:
    diễn đàn hay quá, chúng ta cùng thảo luận và chia sẻ, các bạn ơi tôi yêu các bạn
    http://chungcuct3linhdam.com/

^ ^
    This
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    The_Boy wrote:
    (I'm sure that the Clinic will view this as a Cookson/Sky conspiracy)

Well, why else would Sky be so confident they could leave Wiggins at home, eh? Eh? Eh?

#iseepatternseverywhere

feed contadors chimp

The vegetarian option, I hope...
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • frenchfighter
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    With Majka, worth noting that at the Vuelta he would be supporting Contador who is going for the win so not like he is going for the win himself.

--

Also he decided to back track:
    "I thought about the whole situation and came to the conclusion that the TdF may be to me a step in the right direction. Sorry leadership of the team that doubted this decision. I've come to the conclusion now that the start in the Tour de France will be a big challenge for me, but I want him to face. I will try to help Alberto with all my strength to achieve the most important goal - to win!"

"Before the start of the season my calendar was primarily based on the Giro d` Italia, and later the Tour de Pologne and the Vuelta a Espana. Upon completion of the Giro, the management team wondered about my start in the Tour de France, but I was skeptical about this idea.
”

"Since my return from Italy I have not trained much, I was very tired and still feel the effects of this 3-week race. I do not feel ready to compete in the Tour de France. Yesterday I got a phone call from Bjarne Riis, who said that my start in France has already been decided and that I have to go,” he wrote in the since-deleted posting.

"I'm not happy with this decision. I believe that the Tinkoff-Saxo management does not care about my health. I'm 24 years old and I believe that riding two Grand Tours in a row at my age is too much. I hope I am wrong. However, I have concerns.

”

"The main objective is to win with Alberto Contador, and I have to support him. The Tour de France is not an easy race and even the flat stages are hard."
    Contador is the Greatest