For those that love a bun fight

Comments

• tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    Seconds away. Round 2.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    Quite breathtaking accusations of bad faith by Stokes. Froome goes fast up Madone and JV's covering up by not exposing his 'performance' as mutant.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Macaloon wrote:
    Quite breathtaking accusations of bad faith by Stokes. Froome goes fast up Madone and JV's covering up by not exposing his 'performance' as mutant.

It's amazing. Those guys really need to learn a bit about the analysis of evidence and why it's pointless trying to analyse things with insufficient data.

The only thing Froome going faster up the Madone than Armstrong tells you is that Froome went up the Madone faster.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    iainf72 wrote:
    Macaloon wrote:

It's amazing. Those guys really need to learn a bit about the analysis of evidence and why it's pointless trying to analyse things with insufficient data.

The only thing Froome going faster up the Madone than Armstrong tells you is that Froome went up the Madone faster.
    What I have seen nobody mention is that Armstrong did his record with Kevin Livingston riding alongside him (Livingston punctured 1km from the finish). While Froome did it as a full-on mountain TT, chasing Porte.
    LA also describes it, inexactly, as an 8 mile climb (which is 12.8 km) as opposed to Froome's 11.89km.

Norris McWhirter will be turning in his grave.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 19,540
    Mad_Malx wrote:

Interestingly it doesn't make everyone's pee smell/only some people can smell the effect, with some idea that there is a genetic component.*
    And the genes determining the ability to produce the smelly metabolite and be able to smell it are different, so some can only smell asparagus in other people's pee.
    I have the genetic component. First caught a very strong whiff about 30 minutes after the first time I ever ate the stuff. Wondered what the hell was going on. Doesn't matter what sort of asparagus it is. Still can't sprint like Cavendish though.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Go to 4.48 in this for a ventolin clip with Simon yates:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRnInyTd8b8
    Contador is the Greatest
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    Are you supporting FroomeDog Frenchie?!? ;)
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Macaloon
    Stokes meets somebody with a financial interest in mutants.
    andrewmcquaid 5:07pm via Twitter for iPhone
    @SSbike I did not RT anything. You called people super mutants. That is completely inappropriate and unacceptable. You should apologise.
  • tailwindhome
    Macaloon wrote:
    @SSbike I did not RT anything. You called people super mutants. That is completely inappropriate and unacceptable. You should apologise.

Digger has waded in like a Friday night drunk.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • tailwindhome
  • mechanism
    mechanism Posts: 891
    RichN95 wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:
    Macaloon wrote:

What I have seen nobody mention is that Armstrong did his record with Kevin Livingston riding alongside him (Livingston punctured 1km from the finish). While Froome did it as a full-on mountain TT, chasing Porte.
    LA also describes it, inexactly, as an 8 mile climb (which is 12.8 km) as opposed to Froome's 11.89km.

Norris McWhirter will be turning in his grave.

According to Inrng's Roads to ride article there is an accepted start to the climb at the leaving-Menton sign. Ferrari would have known it well. Dunno about Froome though (not implying anything).

This is the sign unless I've got the wrong one:

5IGQPBp.jpg
  • Macaloon
    Re Magneto's thin skin:

JohanBruyneel:
    @andrewmcquaid @SSbike - he's insulting people on twitter all the time, yet when he gets called out, starts whining like a little girl...
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    Macaloon wrote:

Digger is too extreme even for the Twaliban now. I believe alongside commander Kimmage they're forming a hardcore breakaway called 'Twisis'.

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    ratsbeyfus wrote:
    Macaloon wrote:

Digger is too extreme even for the Twaliban now. I believe alongside commander Kimmage they're forming a hardcore breakaway called 'Twisis'.

That is probably the only funny thing someone can make out of the carnage in Iraq right now. Chapeau.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • tailwindhome
    Paul Kimmage‏@PaulKimmage ·
    How hard it is @Independent_ie to reproduce what's in the fucking paper?

Paul Kimmage @PaulKimmage · 21h

Hey @Independent_ie would love to post a link to my column today but its botched. Any chance somebody might read the fucking thing?
  • ddraver
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/wada-su ... e-decision

Comments make Jonathan Pierce look like a genius...
    - @ddraver
  • tailwindhome
    24n3fqb.jpg
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    I'm getting to the stage where I loath both sides equal amounts here. I'd lock Kimmage and Cound in a room together with no internet access and 4 bottles of Black Tower and wait for them to resolve it amicably or otherwise....
  • ddraver
    Meh. If sky have no issues then they re hiding all their secrets and doping. I they have issues then even if they re clearly not doping those issues are STILL evidenced doping

Time and time again the twaliban have shown that they can't win. If I were them I'd stop bothering to try...
    - @ddraver
  • tailwindhome
  • mr_poll
    mr_poll Posts: 1,547
    Looks like Cav and Greg Henderson have got into a little twitter spat.
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762

It'll do her some good! No doubt she brings some of it on herself, but the sheer volume of snide, mean-spirited bile directed at her every single day is crazy. Can't be good for her blood pressure.

Cycling fans are really not very nice. Or maybe it's the internet.
  • tailwindhome
    Turfle wrote:

It'll do her some good! No doubt she brings some of it on herself, but the sheer volume of snide, mean-spirited bile directed at her every single day is crazy. Can't be good for her blood pressure.

She's mad. She even blocked me. I mean... I'm lovely, why would anyone want to block me.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    what went on with cav and greg? All I see is something about family
  • ddraver
    Retweeted by Greg Henderson

Matt Keenan @mwkeenan
    Peloton sledging: @MarkCavendish tells @Greghenderson1 he's a shit bike rider and a shit dad. A step too far. #TdF sprints will be hectic.
    - @ddraver
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Turfle wrote:

She's mad. She even blocked me. I mean... I'm lovely, why would anyone want to block me.

Reminds me of when Cath Wiggins was on Twitter. People would say supportive things about Brad and would get sworn at / blocked. Amusing.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • ddraver
    Me too actually - she was the only one that actually told the bullsh1ters they were bullsh1tting
    - @ddraver