• cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    They are when they have chips on them. :roll:
  • nathancom
    nathancom Posts: 1,567
    Bq96t5KCIAAVI4y_zpsec63a26b.jpg
  • tangled_metal
    tangled_metal Posts: 4,021
    My concern is that a lot of things happen on a football pitch that is not part of the game from bites to head butts. I've been talking with non-footie fans (the other half and others) about the World Cup, football and actions on the pitch. One argument against football was that things happen on the pitch that if they had happened on the street in the UK would probably be a criminal offence. Not sure how many cases of violent actions on the pitch have resulted in convictions or even criminal action in the courts. Not saying the law should intervene but there is, perhaps, a valid argument saying that high profile role models should conduct themselves with a higher level of behavior. That is irrespective of whether they want to be considered a role model or not.

I respect Suarez for what he has done in football and would not want to see him banned because I want to see his genius at play on the pitch. Plus I truly appreciate what he has done for Liverpool FC. I do not appreciate the way he is defended though. Uruguayan media are responding with a few wild comments and deflections. One of them is a rant about '66. I actually naively thought with England going out we had got through a World Cup without it being mentioned. Only for Uruguayan media to have a rant about about how rich it is for England to go on about it when they only won the World Cup with a non goal. How English media should be trying to get that sorted out before commenting on any other wrong act.

Then there are the comments about it being a mole, an old scar, etc. At least the one where they claimed it was just him coming down and accidentally hitting his shoulder with his teeth has a faint whiff of possibility. If it wasn't for the actual movement forward caught on camera that is. End of days FIFA will or will not ban him or not depending on how much of a commitment they want to make to appearing to believe in fair play. The good news for Liverpool is that there is an opinion that with it being a World Cup match and the way football is set up there is a possibility that any ban will only apply to internationals. Something about how FIFA only has a mandate to ban on games it has direct control over, not sure it is right but something I read on a news website.
  • rc856
    rc856 Posts: 1,144
    One argument against football was that things happen on the pitch that if they had happened on the street in the UK would probably be a criminal offence. Not sure how many cases of violent actions on the pitch have resulted in convictions or even criminal action in the courts.

While playing for Rangers in 1994, Duncan Ferguson head butted an opponent and was jailed for 3 months.
    It was his 4th conviction for assault so not sure if that was the main deciding factor?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yOk8mZhX0Jk
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    RC856 wrote:
    One argument against football was that things happen on the pitch that if they had happened on the street in the UK would probably be a criminal offence. Not sure how many cases of violent actions on the pitch have resulted in convictions or even criminal action in the courts.

While playing for Rangers in 1994, Duncan Ferguson head butted an opponent and was jailed for 3 months.
    It was his 4th conviction for assault so not sure if that was the main deciding factor?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yOk8mZhX0Jk
    Several players have found themselves in trouble with the police over "football incidents". As for Suarez IMO he should be sine die.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • _75821912_miketysonpic.jpg
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,598
    You know, even after all the cr@p with England getting knocked out, I do feel I've missed out on something by not going to Brazil this summer 8)

colobmiafans.jpg
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tangled_metal
    tangled_metal Posts: 4,021
    Is it just me or am I seeing 3 increasingly surgery altered chins as I move from 2nd lass from left? You cannot tell me the chin-line of the one on the right is 100% natural! That chin looks more man-made than wacko Jacko's!
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    You know, even after all the cr@p with England getting knocked out, I do feel I've missed out on something by not going to Brazil this summer 8)

colobmiafans.jpg

Who are they blowing?
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,930
    Is it just me or am I seeing 3 increasingly surgery altered chins as I move from 2nd lass from left? You cannot tell me the chin-line of the one on the right is 100% natural! That chin looks more man-made than wacko Jacko's!

Somewhere to rest your balls.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,086
    Who wins the ugly team stakes - Algeria or Germany?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Who wins the ugly team stakes - Algeria or Germany?

You mean France 'B' team or Germany
  • pinno
    Who wins the ugly team stakes - Algeria or Germany?

You mean France 'B' team or Germany

Good point.

Get that Glen Hoddle tw@t off - he thinks Aljazeera is playing.
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    According to the FIFA world rankings, there may be trouble ahead:

Sataniscomingback-19473.png
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,969
    ^^^^^

Such obvious nonsense.
    One need only look at the rankings table to prove it as a hoax.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • finchy
    It's a bit of fun.
  • pblakeney
    johnfinch wrote:
    It's a bit of fun.
    Is it?
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • finchy
    Yes.
  • pblakeney
    Sorry.
    I must have missed the humour due to the tears of laughter streaming out of my eyes.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • pinno
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Sorry.
    I must have missed the humour due to the tears of laughter streaming out of my eyes.

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit. Come on Blakey - summers is here, the Tdf starts Saturday and Holland might win the world cup. Cheer up.
  • finchy
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Sorry.

I said a bit of fun, not pant-wettingly hilarious. Cheer up, it's been a good summer so far.
  • Stevo_666
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Sorry.
    I can only apologise for finchys attempt at some lighthearted humour. He must have forgotten that this forum is for serious conversations only...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pblakeney
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Sorry.

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit. Come on Blakey - summers is here, the Tdf starts Saturday and Holland might win the world cup. Cheer up.
    I am fully aware of sarcasm's place in the wit stakes. I am playing to my audience.
    I agree that it has been a superb summer so far and I am looking forward to it continuing.

This is me happy!
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    PBlakeney wrote:
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Sorry.

I am fully aware of sarcasm's place in the wit stakes. I am playing to my audience.
    I agree that it has been a superb summer so far and I am looking forward to it continuing.

This is me happy!

Don't do it ! There's a whole world of experiences to make you happy, there are people out there who love you, step away from the edge ! Although to be fair, it's a good wifi signal at which ever edge you're at !
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    MattC59 wrote:
    PBlakeney wrote:
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Sorry.

This is me happy!

Don't do it ! There's a whole world of experiences to make you happy, there are people out there who love you, step away from the edge ! Although to be fair, it's a good wifi signal at which ever edge you're at !

I just hope he doesn't walk over the edge by mistake due to the tears of laughter messing up his vision
  • Stevo_666
    I think we're all looking forward to reading his first amusing post.
  • finchy
    Stevo 666 wrote:

It'll probably start with "Why did the chicken cross the road"
  • pblakeney
    MattC59 wrote:
    Don't do it !
    Too late. I have already done it. Quite a few other things too.
    matthew h wrote:
    I just hope he doesn't walk over the edge by mistake due to the tears of laughter messing up his vision
    I miss a few things. Maybe this is the reason why.
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    I wouldn't hold your breath. Then again, be my guest.
    johnfinch wrote:
    It'll probably start with "Why did the chicken cross the road"
    Why did the chicken cross the road?
    To try and find out how to log onto the new website on multiple computers. Notice how quiet it has been around here lately?
    I would attempt a joke about that but I am reliably informed that it is against the rules.

I guess you fellows are really missing VTech for the sport.
    Try not to take the internet so seriously.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    [quote Try not to take the internet so seriously.[/quote]

we dont :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • pinno
    Back to the plot.

Brazil - Colombia going at a hell of a pace...