Giro 2014 - Stage 15: Montecampione MTF **Spoilers**

123457»

Comments

• Give me more
    Give me more Posts: 487
    Turfle wrote:
    Will we get to see live pictures of it anyway?

Would be nice. If the tennis gets in the way I will be most distraught (and I really like tennis normally...)
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,163
    I know they've moved and are going higher but one thing that surprised me over the weekend was how little snow there was around even on the heli shots of the higher mountains so I'd assumed it wasn't going to be an issue. That said, I find the Stelvio a bit of a boring climb - it's just too long and attritional and doesn't encourage attacking (I may have just imagined that though or based it entirely on 2012).
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,710
    Turfle wrote:
    Will we get to see live pictures of it anyway?

Would be nice. If the tennis gets in the way I will be most distraught (and I really like tennis normally...)

I'm guessing that Turfle is thinking along the same lines as me.
    Not a tennis issue, but a helicopter issue.
    If they are unable to fly, we might just end up with a static camera of the finish.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    I'm pessimistic enough to think both are possibilities! Tennis will overrun and we'll miss the static camera action.
  • Give me more
    Give me more Posts: 487
    Oh of course. I'm just dumb hah.

Well. Fingers crossed we get something eh
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    They can cut it out just as well. Nothing will happen anyway since it's placed on such a moronic part of the stage.

They'll be softpedalling the whole climb, I guarantee it.
  • knedlicky
    knedlicky Posts: 3,097
    the Inner Ring ‏@inrng 3m Tomorrow's Giro stage all set to go ahead as planned, no change in route. Only if conditions change will race change via @antoninomorici
    BMC have hired a snow gun to ensure there is a change in conditions:

BokctxUIQAA57r2.jpg
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    Colombian journo @BiciGoga reporting Quintana now has an ear infection.

Before the Giro is done, I half-expect him to have ticked off the full list of ailments known to cyclists, only excepting bilharzia.
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545

Before the Giro is done, I half-expect him to have ticked off the full list of ailments known to cyclists, only excepting bilharzia.

Somehow, he's still on his bike :shock: Other teams would have him off to the faith-healer.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    Macaloon wrote:

Somehow, he's still on his bike :shock: Other teams would have him off to the faith-healer.

What! Has Glenn Hoddle's favourite Eileen got into our beloved sport?
  • milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    He seems to be playing down his chances of winning. He's only talking about getting on the podium at the moment:

"I have made up time in these last few days, and I feel physically better - our idea for tomorrow is gaining as much time as possible. If Urán loses just twenty seconds every day, it's obvious we don't have space enough for him to lost all the advantage, but you can see that everyone is having a worse day every stage: you saw Evans losing time, also Pozzovivo… he might fade someday, even myself. I'm getting past that flu, also the infection in my throat... that also takes energy out of you. The pain, too. I really hope that the rest day helps me to overcome it. At least, I'm feeling my legs better with every single day passing by, and I hope to fight for the podium, at least. Despite all problems I had, I'm still here. I'm sure I would have lost much time less than I did to Rigo if I had had good health - yet he still did a spectacular TT. It's beautiful, this rivalry between Colombians. Both of us have our own fans and ride differently. If I don't win, I prefer him to do it, and for Colombia, the important thing is having a countryman winning, I think."
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Macaloon wrote:

Check. Would be funny if he podium'd with a bad crash, an ear infection, breathing problems and antibiotics. I think he is doing excellently all things considered.

Other riders, whom you all know, would have pulled out at the first sign of a sniffle or bruise. In Colombia they dont have a privileged life.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • dsoutar
    dsoutar Posts: 1,746
    'morning all

Web cam suggests thick fog but no snow so although the stage may proceed as planned we might just not have coverage

Ah well, cant have everything I guess
  • Paulie W
    Paulie W Posts: 1,492
    Macaloon wrote:

Check. Would be funny if he podium'd with a bad crash, an ear infection, breathing problems and antibiotics. I think he is doing excellently all things considered.

Other riders, whom you all know, would have pulled out at the first sign of a sniffle or bruise. In Colombia they dont have a privileged life.

You could try this approach Frenchfighter. Praise a rider without feeling it necessary to have a dig at other riders at the same time. In the long run, you'll feel much better about yourself.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Macaloon wrote:

Here's the thing, when a Sky rider is ill, you don't believe him, you say it is a cover up for something, for them to train etc but when any other teams rider is on his 3rd different illness of the 3 week tour you just lap it up as truth. You criticise Sky one day for not caring about the riders as humans (Stannard 2012 wc rain cape) and then the next day you say they shouldn't be withdrawing injured or ill riders.

Other news EBH out. What happened to Kosta, I missed the stage the other day.
  • frenchfighter
    Plan di Montecampione
    2014:18,7 km@7,7%---53:18---average speed 21.05 km/h(Fabio Aru)
    1998:18,7 km@7,7%---49:44---average speed 22.56 km/h(Marco Pantani)
    ---50:41---average speed 22.14 km/h(Pavel Tonkov)
    ---53:00---average speed 21.17 km/h(Giuseppe Guerini)
    ---53:48---average speed 20.86 km/h(Secchiari-Clavero)
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Macaloon wrote:

Meh, sounds like he's just getting his excuses in early. I have a spot of the sniffles myself, yet I still managed to ride to work this morning :shock: , although not as quickly as normal.
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639

He lives in Spain most of the time. He's already too soft for Colombia.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,163
    sjmclean wrote:
    Other news EBH out. What happened to Kosta, I missed the stage the other day.

Crashed on Stage 14 apparently due to Arashiro. He continued for 50km before remembering he rides for Sky whereupon he climbed off at a feed station, burst into tears and demanded to go to hospital. They don't breed them tough in Belarus.
  • frenchfighter
    Contador is the Greatest