Giro Stage 4: Giovinazzo - Bari *Spoiler*

Macaloon
Macaloon Posts: 5,545
edited May 2014 in Pro race
tappa_dettagli_tecnici_altimetria_04.jpg

All you need to know is: rrox7m.png
...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.

Comments

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,163
    That is seriously flat, what has got into the Giro organisers this year? Anyone would think Cippolini had made a comeback!
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    Nicholas Roche ‏@nicholasroche · 2h
    For those who say it only rains in Ireland! ☔️☔️☔️#Bari @giroditalia

BngW6p2CUAAXv4q.jpg

Beautiful day in North Antrim FWIW
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    Can anyone explain to me why donkey Farrar hasn't been sacked yet? He sucks...
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    TMR wrote:
    Can anyone explain to me why donkey Farrar hasn't been sacked yet? He sucks...

he is one of those guys I am not too sure why he has a place in a PT team. He does get good placings even if he doesnt win much so I guess those points count.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Pross
    He got a top 10 on Saturday against the cream of world sprinting (part of this may be untrue). It seems like typical Garmin to me, they like to be that 2nd (3rd, 4th and 5th) chance team.
  • tailwindhome
    Macaloon wrote:

No

What you *really* need to know is

Marcel Kittel ‏@marcelkittel · 50s
    So, the Giro got me earlier then I thought. Absolutely disappointed that I have to leave this beautiful race today because of a fever. :'(((
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • mulletmaster
    mulletmaster Posts: 502
    Macaloon wrote:

No

What you *really* need to know is

Marcel Kittel ‏@marcelkittel · 50s
    So, the Giro got me earlier then I thought. Absolutely disappointed that I have to leave this beautiful race today because of a fever. :'(((
    Nooooooooooo. At least it will give somebody else a chance today but now Ireland is going to get blamed for the biggest star of the race getting sick.
  • Snorebens
    Snorebens Posts: 759
    Did Kittel get on a bike in Italy?
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    I fancy Swifty for the maglia rossa, he's git the potential to be there or there-abouts on a lot of stages that other sprinters won't have a chance with.
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    That's a shame. Was enjoying watching people take him on. Mezgec is not a bad 2nd sprinter for them though.
  • tailwindhome
    Lionel Birnie ‏@lionelbirnie · 6m
    I hope that lad who took a selfie with Marcel Kittel is satisfied. Kittel's pulled out of the Giro as a direct result. #fauxoutrage
  • Pross
    Wow. Kittel wasn’t expected to finish, but his exit is a bit earlier than planned.

Why does no-one think Ben Swift is in with a chance today? He must be hungry. I’d rate him.

I went for Swift in PTP then looked at the profile and switched to Kittel. Sums up my luck in general!
  • frenchfighter
    edited May 2014
    Wow, big German powerhouse is taken down by a fever - not good for the fans.
    Put this down to rain all day long in Ireland.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Pross
    Lionel Birnie ‏@lionelbirnie · 6m
    I hope that lad who took a selfie with Marcel Kittel is satisfied. Kittel's pulled out of the Giro as a direct result. #fauxoutrage

The kid has probably cuaght the lurgy from being so close, that'll learn him ;-)
  • Pross

Just checking the rules - which riders are allowed to drop out of races with illness and not get criticised? :wink:

Seriously doubt it has anything to do with the rain over the weekend, he'll have raced in much worse this season (and that's working on the assumption that poor weather contributes due to lower the immune system). I suspect being in close contact with 200 others who will be carrying all sorts of bugs is a more likely problem (or travelling on an aeroplane which are havens for germs and bacteria).
  • ridgerider
    ridgerider Posts: 2,852
    Go Bol Go!
    Half man, Half bike
  • Crankbrother
    Crankbrother Posts: 1,695
    Maybe explains the state of him after the Stage 3 sprint ... Likely wasn't at 100% then and that's why it took so much out of him ...
  • frenchfighter
    Pross wrote:

Just checking the rules - which riders are allowed to drop out of races with illness and not get criticised? :wink:

Seriously doubt it has anything to do with the rain over the weekend, he'll have raced in much worse this season (and that's working on the assumption that poor weather contributes due to lower the immune system). I suspect being in close contact with 200 others who will be carrying all sorts of bugs is a more likely problem (or travelling on an aeroplane which are havens for germs and bacteria).

I reckon he should be racing unless he truly cant keep up with a peloton on a pan flat stage.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    PTP CARNAGE! :shock: :twisted:
    Correlation is not causation.
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    Did he get to Italy or did he go home yesterday. ?
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    I think it's good. It potentially rewards those that took a chance (sadly not me)
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Crankbrother
    Crankbrother Posts: 1,695
    They're not even racing ... What a joke ...

The wildcards should be especially embarrassed and if I was in charge I'd omit them from next year's race ...
  • woody1545
    woody1545 Posts: 322
    Whats the problem? Are they bitching about the long transfer or the fact its raining in Italy?
  • Pross
    Not worth trying to run Eurosport in the background on my PC then I take it? How long left to go? I'll probably switch on for the last 10km unless they run into a huge crosswind and echelons start forming!
  • above_the_cows
    Pross wrote:
    Not worth trying to run Eurosport in the background on my PC then I take it? How long left to go? I'll probably switch on for the last 10km unless they run into a huge crosswind and echelons start forming!

About 100km left last time I bothered to pop in.
    RichN95 wrote:
    I think it's good. It potentially rewards those that took a chance (sadly not me)

Opens up the competition indeed.
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    woody1545 wrote:
    Whats the problem? Are they bitching about the long transfer or the fact its raining in Italy?

Wet roads. There had been talk that the Bari circuits were too dangerous already, add rain to it, and the riders are now in a strop.
  • woody1545
    Apparently if it doesn't stop raining the peloton is going to neutered, or something...
  • woody1545
    :lol:
  • woody1545
    f*ck it, Im gonna actually go and tile the bathroom like I told my wife I would.
  • above_the_cows
    The City of Olives, where they are right now has a main road made up of slick paving stones. It was slippy in a car on a sunny day.