It seems I'm not the only one who dislikes the French !

Comments

• ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,930
    Don't forget the Gerries.

kuntz.jpg
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    I can't believe some people are in the slightest bit put out about how the French announce stuff in Eurovision!! If something annoys you about that then you really should consider giving yourself a long hard stab in the head for even watching it in the first place!!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    You mean the thing about people being put out about another European language being used in Eurovision, a contest aimed at uniting Europe.
    Italy is a wonderful place, not that I'm in the slightest bit biased. The biggest problem is, when I'm trying to get there France is in the way. :wink:Winking smiley in case it isn't obvious that I'm joking (mostly).
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    And Switzerland ... That's in the way too. And full of long scary tunnels underneath gert big mountains that you have to pay shed loads of dosh just to get through in order to get to Italy
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,605
    Did I mention that the women aren't bad? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9i7uDAMjCI
    and of course not forgetting
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ug8WeZyTxXg
    She'd have done well in the Eurovision :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,089
    johnfinch wrote:

Well, the winds down south look quite strong and it's a bit cloudy around the Nord-Pas de Calais region, but apart from that it looks like a fine day.

:D

Un cafe au lait et un eau mineral avec gas, sil-vous-plait.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Their music isn't bad either. Better than Susan Boyle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mn6NrWsaZU8

l'odeur de chou espagnol, eh mec ........

She is other worldly gorgeous... but please just jiggle around a lot in front of the camera like you do and don't bother singing.
  • florerider
    florerider Posts: 1,112

rule 56 applies

don't tell us you drink cappucino after dinner too :shock:
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Any chance we can pick on the Spanish for a bit? Just gentle mocking mind you, not all out warfare.

The Spanish, now there's a bunch of militant feckers if ever there was :evil:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,605
    florerider wrote:

rule 56 applies

don't tell us you drink cappucino after dinner too :shock:
    It's the Stranraer Bourgeoisie. Vive la revolution...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • simonhead
    simonhead Posts: 1,399
    arran77 wrote:
    Any chance we can pick on the Spanish for a bit? Just gentle mocking mind you, not all out warfare.

The Spanish, now there's a bunch of militant feckers if ever there was :evil:

Happy to pick on the Spanish, once went to a cafe in Barcelona, had a couple of coffees and then a coke. Coke was the best part of six quid. Robbing bstards

Also on the militant bit explains why both postmen and the tube driver i know are all spanish.
    Life isnt like a box of chocolates, its like a bag of pic n mix.
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    VTech wrote:
    What was being announced at the London Olympics? Surely British people were doing the announcing? I'm lost now.

Ref Eurovision: I think we're right unfortunately.

Re "them" waiting for you at the docks or wherever - oh well, only a bunch of bourge at the end of the day...... So long as you don't hold the rest of us up as get going on our holidays that'll be fine thanks.

Deux choux-fleurs et un ananas, s'il vous plait.

If you don't know about the olympics I'm surprised your participating in this thread ?

As per the docks issue, again, unless your aware of the issues we have had previously with the corrupt police I'm not sure it possible to add to the point I was making.

Refresh me re the Olympics. I've been away for a while.

Corrupt Gendarmes or just tired of rich people with no class thinking that they can hoon around France doing whatever they want in some noisy car because at the end of the day they can have some Bolly and pose for pictures with vacuous girls wearing sunglasses?

Liberté Egalité Fraternité!

I personally wouldn't do that, girls wanting to pose with me for pics is another thing I hate. :wink: (there you go, an appropriate wink)
    Also, im unsure where you get to the idea that a group of rich people with no class want to noon around france.
    Fact was, the french police did several things to extort money, like fine people 350e for using speed detectors and then let them go only for the same people to be stopped a few miles down the road for the same offence and have the same fine. When complaints went in, there wasn't a single case of recorded 350e fines given that day !

Likewise, the police stopped and fined people as they left the eurotunnel, way before anyone would/could have had the chance to speed. They also took several cars on the Cannonball Run and made people pay crazy fines in order to get cars back that were proven to have not been speeding.

Anyway, thats not the issue, getting a fine isn't the big thing, the common good of europe is and if I offended anyone I apologise.
    Living MY dream.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380

I personally wouldn't do that, girls wanting to pose with me for pics is another thing I hate. :wink: (there you go, an appropriate wink)
    Also, im unsure where you get to the idea that a group of rich people with no class want to noon around france.
    Fact was, the french police did several things to extort money, like fine people 350e for using speed detectors and then let them go only for the same people to be stopped a few miles down the road for the same offence and have the same fine. When complaints went in, there wasn't a single case of recorded 350e fines given that day !

Likewise, the police stopped and fined people as they left the eurotunnel, way before anyone would/could have had the chance to speed. They also took several cars on the Cannonball Run and made people pay crazy fines in order to get cars back that were proven to have not been speeding.

Anyway, thats not the issue, getting a fine isn't the big thing, the common good of europe is and if I offended anyone I apologise.

They got fined for having speed detectors because they are illegal. So therefore they broke the law. Rich people thinking they are above it and intending to hoon around like they own the law probably deserved it.

Bizarrely enough, I would have thought that if I was with all my rich "mates" if I got stopped twice in 20km for the same offence and had to pay fines then I'd pick up my telephone and warn everyone else. Or did no one think of this? Ahh, the bourge, eh .....

Essentially you're moaning for being busted aren't you?

Back on track: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyM7sw4lVSk

je mangerais un bœuf
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • VTech

They got fined for having speed detectors because they are illegal. So therefore they broke the law. Rich people thinking they are above it and intending to hoon around like they own the law probably deserved it.

Bizarrely enough, I would have thought that if I was with all my rich "mates" if I got stopped twice in 20km for the same offence and had to pay fines then I'd pick up my telephone and warn everyone else. Or did no one think of this? Ahh, the bourge, eh .....

je mangerais un bœuf

Not at all, the fine wasn't the issue, the fact that we were told to with smash our speed camera detectors (quite legal in the UK by the way) or pay 350e and we would be allowed to pass as long as we didn't speed and then get stopped after the police radios down the line was the issue, its called integrity.
    Do you honestly think any of us worried about the 350e fine ?
    Living MY dream.
  • nathancom
    nathancom Posts: 1,567
    Go les flics is all I have to say
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,973
    VTech wrote:
    Not at all, the fine wasn't the issue, the fact that we were told to with smash our speed camera detectors (quite legal in the UK by the way) or pay 350e and we would be allowed to pass as long as we didn't speed and then get stopped after the police radios down the line was the issue, its called integrity.
    Probably not.
    But then you lot don't have much sense.
    It doesn't take much gumption to hide a speed camera detector after getting caught once. Especially if you have no intention of speeding.
    Getting caught doing something illegal is a risk, to continue doing it after being caught is plain stupid.

The moral is not about corruption, it is about stupidity.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • nathancom
    nathancom Posts: 1,567
    VTech wrote:

je mangerais un bœuf

You were told to smash them by the French Police and you didn't. They had colleagues check whether you had done as instructed and you hadn't so were fined again.

Considering it is against French law to use them or even have them in the car and the maximum fine is e1500 they let you off lightly. Instead of questioning your own (lack of) judgement you bleat about corruption.
  • Matthewfalle
    1. You weren't in the UK.

2. You had illegal speed detectors. Illegal is word we're looking at here. That means against the law if you were wondering.

3. They gave you the chance to get rid of them. You were too arrogant to do this as you thought you were above/better than the law.

4. The fact that none of you were worried about the fine or got rid of your speed detectors completely proves point 3.

5. Ho's and gear are legal in Holland but not in the UK, so if I got busted smacking ma ho' while caned I wouldn't bleat about it. Speed detectors are illegal in France, etc etc.

6. They were actually being quite nice only fining you 350 and not the full permitted amount so I'd count my lucky stars for that.

7. It actually looks like your speed detectors didn't work very well if you got busted in the first place. I'd have a word with the bloke that you bought them from. You may well have carried a clairvoyant with you, except if you had a Ferrari of course, as they have only two seats and where would she/he sit?

8. Having seem pictures of "Cannonballers" I have deduced that a)none of you are either Burt Reynolds or David Carradine and b) you were lucky they didn't get the fashion police in to fine you all for dressing like Jezza Clarkson.

Vive la France! Vive la difference!

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • VTech
    1. You weren't in the UK.

2. You had illegal speed detectors. Illegal is word we're looking at here. That means against the law if you were wondering.

3. They gave you the chance to get rid of them. You were too arrogant to do this as you thought you were above/better than the law.

4. The fact that none of you were worried about the fine or got rid of your speed detectors completely proves point 3.

5. Ho's and gear are legal in Holland but not in the UK, so if I got busted smacking ma ho' while caned I wouldn't bleat about it. Speed detectors are illegal in France, etc etc.

6. They were actually being quite nice only fining you 350 and not the full permitted amount so I'd count my lucky stars for that.

7. It actually looks like your speed detectors didn't work very well if you got busted in the first place. I'd have a word with the bloke that you bought them from. You may well have carried a clairvoyant with you, except if you had a Ferrari of course, as they have only two seats and where would she/he sit?

8. Having seem pictures of "Cannonballers" I have deduced that a)none of you are either Burt Reynolds or David Carradine and b) you were lucky they didn't get the fashion police in to fine you all for dressing like Jezza Clarkson.

Vive la France! Vive la difference!

Is reading one of your downfalls ? :wink: (another wink there)

Anyway, I wasn't in a ferrari at the time, sorry if that disappoints.
    Living MY dream.
  • pinno
    Well done the French for piddling on Canonballs, though I expect they were marbles.

Back on track:

Here she is again!
  • Matthewfalle
    VTech wrote:

Is reading one of your downfalls ? :wink: (another wink there)

Anyway, I wasn't in a ferrari at the time, sorry if that disappoints.

No. Sorry.

Not really. Sorry. If you were in a Panda 100hp now that would have been cool.

Et aussi, une autre fois pour ce soir: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfXBNQMj2SE

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Crankbrother
    Crankbrother Posts: 1,695
    Vtech ... For someone so busy living a 'lifestyle' why do you spend so much time in the back arse of a cycling forum? (my excuse is the ToC is on so I'm fleshing out the boring bits) ...
  • VTech
    Vtech ... For someone so busy living a 'lifestyle' why do you spend so much time in the back ars* of a cycling forum? (my excuse is the ToC is on so I'm fleshing out the boring bits) ...

Good question.
    At first it was because I was overweight, didn't like running and thought cycling would be easy (I was wrong of course) but I did enjoy it and the weight dropped off so bonus !
    During the winter I had more time as not so much work in my business happens in this time.
    Then it turned to kicks. I get some wierd pleasure from here. I find it odd how a few people love to argue with me and will follow me into various threads and although I can't fathom it, i do get pleasure from their obvious self inflicted distress. You see for me, if someone bothers me to the point where I'm getting stressed or upset I stay clear. Ignore them and walk away.

I've actually met a few decent people off here. It's a great place and I'm happy to hang around although at the moment I'm quite busy as the next two months will be taking much more of my time and so won't be around much.
    Living MY dream.
  • Crankbrother
    So the only way to get rid of you is to give you business? Clever marketing strategy ... :wink:
  • VTech
    So the only way to get rid of you is to give you business? Clever marketing strategy ... :wink:

I'm not quite sure I understand your point ?
    I have never touted business here, if touting business was my thing I'm not sure this would be the place (no offence)
    Secondly, I honestly don't need more work, I take roughly 5% of the work I am offered and sold one of my companies in December with the hope of retiring but I just don't think that's for me.
    Living MY dream.
  • Crankbrother
    VTech wrote:

I have never touted business here, if touting business was my thing I'm not sure this would be the place (no offence)
    Secondly, I honestly don't need more work, I take roughly 5% of the work I am offered and sold one of my companies in December with the hope of retiring but I just don't think that's for me.

It was a joke based on your reply Vtech ... I even winkyfaced it so you wouldn't take offence ... Turns out that was the least of any problems ...
  • VTech
    VTech wrote:

It was a joke based on your reply Vtech ... I even winkyfaced it so you wouldn't take offence ... Turns out that was the least of any problems ...

Sorry, misunderstood.
    Living MY dream.
  • florerider
    florerider Posts: 1,112
    VTech wrote:

Sorry, misunderstood.

It's your role on this forum to be misunderstood :mrgreen:
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,158
    brianonyx wrote:
    I've never met anyone who professes to hate, or not get on with, the French who can actually speak the language. I've yet to meet one of these francophones who has ever had a meaningful relationship with a French person therefore in their own language.

Whilst I agree with the point I think you are trying to make the above appears to contradict itself (francophone meaning someone who speaks French). Did you mean francophobe in the second sentence?
This discussion has been closed.