It seems I'm not the only one who dislikes the French !

Comments

• Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    According to VTech as she isn't speaking English then she ain't nuffink like. I understand that he is more of an Angela Rippon kinda guy.

Les fous sont en cours d'exécution de l'asile ....................
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Their music isn't bad either. Better than Susan Boyle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mn6NrWsaZU8

l'odeur de chou espagnol, eh mec ........

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686

Well, the winds down south look quite strong and it's a bit cloudy around the Nord-Pas de Calais region, but apart from that it looks like a fine day.
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    arran77 wrote:
    nathancom wrote:

Is Vtech announcing his UKIP candidacy?

vr7adu.jpg

I thought that was VTech for a minute.
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    MattC59 wrote:
    VTech wrote:
    Its the fact that they do not conform to the rules which is that all results are to be given in english

Eurovision Song Contest Rules:
    Countries must announce the country names and points in either English or French and the scores are repeated by the contest's presenters in the other language.

Can you get me the link for that ?
    From what I have read, the results can be given in french but must be translated to english for the viewing audience.
    Living MY dream.
  • Matthewfalle
    VTech wrote:
    MattC59 wrote:
    VTech wrote:
    Its the fact that they do not conform to the rules which is that all results are to be given in english

Countries must announce the country names and points in either English or French and the scores are repeated by the contest's presenters in the other language.

From what I have read, the results can be given in french but must be translated to english for the viewing audience.

Which is why they have the host nation hosts.

So the French are sticking by the rules, n'est ce pas?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • VTech
    VTech wrote:
    MattC59 wrote:
    VTech wrote:

Which is why they have the host nation hosts.

So the French are sticking by the rules, n'est ce pas?

No, I'm not sure thats correct, it is for the competing nation giving the results to speak the result in english for the viewing audience.
    Living MY dream.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,973
    VTech wrote:
    No, I'm not sure thats correct, it is for the competing nation giving the results to speak the result in english for the viewing audience.
    But the vast majority of the viewing audience are not English.
    That duty should fall on each Countries own broadcast station, in our case, the BBC.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • VTech
    PBlakeney wrote:
    VTech wrote:
    But the vast majority of the viewing audience are not English.
    That duty should fall on each Countries own broadcast station, in our case, the BBC.

I am in agreement that they announce in French, if that is what they chose to do then of course thats fine. But as far as I can see, they should also announce in English which they do not. EVERY OTHER country does.

TBH, Im no eurovision fan, its a bit of fun once a year but they do it in all sports, at the olympics they announce everything in french even though it was in London. Am I alone in thinking that an issue ?
    Living MY dream.
  • lancew
    lancew Posts: 680
    France_e9c38f_4671475.jpg
    Specialized Allez Sport 2013
  • Matthewfalle
    What was being announced at the London Olympics? Surely British people were doing the announcing? I'm lost now.

Ref Eurovision: I think we're right unfortunately.

Re "them" waiting for you at the docks or wherever - oh well, only a bunch of bourge at the end of the day...... So long as you don't hold the rest of us up as get going on our holidays that'll be fine thanks.

Deux choux-fleurs et un ananas, s'il vous plait.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • simonhead
    simonhead Posts: 1,399
    im_not_racist_france_doesnt_count_shirt-r9604daf6f6e245748ad29929d3e3c60b_804gs_324.jpg
    Life isnt like a box of chocolates, its like a bag of pic n mix.
  • VTech
    What was being announced at the London Olympics? Surely British people were doing the announcing? I'm lost now.

Re "them" waiting for you at the docks or wherever - oh well, only a bunch of bourge at the end of the day...... So long as you don't hold the rest of us up as get going on our holidays that'll be fine thanks.

If you don't know about the olympics I'm surprised your participating in this thread ?

As per the docks issue, again, unless your aware of the issues we have had previously with the corrupt police I'm not sure it possible to add to the point I was making.
    Living MY dream.
  • nathancom
    nathancom Posts: 1,567
    VTech wrote:

If you don't know about the olympics I'm surprised your participating in this thread ?

As per the docks issue, again, unless your aware of the issues we have had previously with the corrupt police I'm not sure it possible to add to the point I was making.
    You can't help yourself can you.
  • brianonyx
    brianonyx Posts: 170
    simonhead wrote:
    im_not_racist_france_doesnt_count_shirt-r9604daf6f6e245748ad29929d3e3c60b_804gs_324.jpg

You see, that is just as racist as any other generalisation. It is also just as 'scumbaggy' as if you were taking a pop at Pakistanis.

Even worse if you haven't even spoken to any French people at length in their own language in their own country.
  • Matthewfalle
    VTech wrote:

Refresh me re the Olympics. I've been away for a while.

Corrupt Gendarmes or just tired of rich people with no class thinking that they can hoon around France doing whatever they want in some noisy car because at the end of the day they can have some Bolly and pose for pictures with vacuous girls wearing sunglasses?

Liberté Egalité Fraternité!

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • ai_1
    ai_1 Posts: 3,060
    "It seems I'm not the only one who dislikes the French!"

No you are not.
    That's hardly a surprise. There are plenty xenophobes about.
  • Matthewfalle
    Pop into the Koala Bar in Avignon if you're driving past and grab a cocktail.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • VTech
    Isn't it funny how yet again the same few, only this time with more clingers on in toe try to change what was a very tongue in cheek post.

Not worth arguing my point as the 'point' quite clearly isn't the issue here.
    Living MY dream.
  • florerider
    florerider Posts: 1,112
    Just back from Paris, seemed to be a shortage of French people, full of Americans, Japanese and Koreans though.

Give me the old days when Paris was full of Parisiens, and restaurants didn't have to cater to people who don't know how to order food and wine, let alone those can't manage to hold a fork in one hand and a knife in the other. FFS even had a waiter explain that Morgon was not a burgundy or bordeaux!
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Not many subjects these days that you can be tongue in cheek about without causing offence
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Least of all the 'n' word, apparently.
  • Crankbrother
    Crankbrother Posts: 1,695
    Mikey23 wrote:
    Not many subjects these days that you can be tongue in cheek about without causing offence

Felching?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,605
    VTech wrote:
    Isn't it funny how yet again the same few, only this time with more clingers on in toe try to change what was a very tongue in cheek post.

You need to add the appropriate smiley when starting posts like this :wink: so that anyone lacking in the sense of humour dept get it without being told. Should have been obvious from the first couple of pages which went rather well I thought.

Maybe Italy is the next country to slag off as we're playing them first in the World Cup? :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    Sounds good, because I suppose apart from the people, food, women, clothes, history, art, culture, wine, scenery, cycling, good naturedness, roads, bicycle manufacturers, fashion, architecture and women there is loads to slag off.

I suppose we could have a go at their sporting prowess, weather, restaurants, and that most hated of pastimes: the evening passiagiata con gelato, but hey, that would be well below the belt and probably result in an instant ban.

And lets not forget the wonderful home made salami, pasta, olive oil, wine and cakes that every household manages to conjure up whenever you wander past.

They also have the best national anthem in the world.

Did I mention that the women aren't bad? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9i7uDAMjCI

Right - where were we: France: its not that bad. It could be Austria and that weirdy beardy bloke girl person.

Can we not stick with trying to get the Sweaties to go independent?

Ma che cazza, quelli stronzini nel macchina ............

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • florerider
    florerider Posts: 1,112
    And opera
  • VTech
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    VTech wrote:

You need to add the appropriate smiley when starting posts like this :wink: so that anyone lacking in the sense of humour dept get it without being told. Should have been obvious from the first couple of pages which went rather well I thought.

Maybe Italy is the next country to slag off as we're playing them first in the World Cup? :)

Im unable to find anything bad about italy, having said that, I've only visited the race tracks and also Maranello, Sant Agata and Torino. I love them all, the people, the vineyards, the cars. Superb.
    Living MY dream.
  • Crankbrother
    The thing I hate about Italians ... The casual bragging, whilst spending too much time online to really be doing/enjoying what they are bragging about ... That's the Italians for you :wink:
  • Matthewfalle
    Any chance we can pick on the Spanish for a bit? Just gentle mocking mind you, not all out warfare.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Crankbrother
    Any chance we can pick on the Spanish for a bit? Just gentle mocking mind you, not all out warfare.

I like the Spanish ... Or at least the very literal way they named their country ...
This discussion has been closed.