It seems I'm not the only one who dislikes the French !

VTech
VTech Posts: 4,736
edited May 2014 in The bottom bracket
I dislike the fact that they have to be different and refuse to speak English in open events. The World Cup, the Olympics and the Eurovision.
Add to that the fact the gendarmes will be waiting for us as we leave the uk next month and it really adds to the fact that me and the French don't get on. Yes I know, I'm taking on a whole nation now !!
Living MY dream.

Comments

• me-109
    me-109 Posts: 1,915
    They'll be wanting their own words for 'peleton' and 'bidon' next. :roll:
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,930
    Me-109 wrote:
    They'll be wanting their own words for 'peloton' and 'bidon' next. :roll:

As Delboy asked,"What's French for 'Coq au vin'?"
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,089
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,605
    Yeah, French music is the bollox.

Plastic Bertrand - Ca Plane Pour Moi
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    edited May 2014
    Canard Del.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083
    Stevo 666 wrote:

What about joe?
  • gethinceri
    gethinceri Posts: 1,640
    Plastic Bertrand is a Belgian.
  • random man
    random man Posts: 1,518
    Some French music is great :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RshBBqVh2c
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    I love France apart from the people :wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • AlexMac1973
    AlexMac1973 Posts: 406
    I've never had a particular good experience of the French, but there's always one good egg that stands above the rest.

Le Petomane
    Scott S40 Speedster
    Dialled Stay Strong MX20R

I no longer live in an ivory tower, these days it's vintage white :shock:
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    VTech wrote:
    I dislike the fact that they have to be different and refuse to speak English

Yeah it's hard to imagine a whole nation that refuses to speak anything but it's own language :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Stevo_666
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

What about joe?
    I prefer Vanessa.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    team47b wrote:
    VTech wrote:

Yeah it's hard to imagine a whole nation that refuses to speak anything but it's own language :D
    :lol:

I reckon that's true, there's probably no nation worse for it than us Brits :wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Stevo_666
    arran77 wrote:
    team47b wrote:
    VTech wrote:

I reckon that's true, there's probably no nation worse for it than us Brits :wink:
    Yeah, but that's because we rule and everyone else has to speak our language so we don't have to learn any others :)
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,930
    For any foreigners reading Arran's post.

I... RECKON... THAT'S... TRUE,... THERE'S... PROBABLY... NO...NATION... WORSE... FOR... IT... THAN... US... BRITS

Speak loudly enough and slowly enough and Johnny Foreigner will understand. Or he bloody well should do! :lol:
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,973
    arran77 wrote:
    team47b wrote:
    VTech wrote:

America?
    It is not even their language.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Stevo_666
    Ballysmate wrote:
    For any foreigners reading Arran's post.

I... RECKON... THAT'S... TRUE,... THERE'S... PROBABLY... NO...NATION... WORSE... FOR... IT... THAN... US... BRITS

Speak loudly enough and slowly enough and Johnny Foreigner will understand. Or he bloody well should do! :lol:
    The levels of ignorance of English can be a problem. I'm just waiting for Pinno to come along and say that we should spend more tax on the education system in the colonies.
  • simonhead
    simonhead Posts: 1,399
    Never had a good cup of tea in France and why do they insist on using uht milk all the time? They don't sell good beer, try getting a sausage and English mustard sandwich, they insist on serving it in a baguette, with mustard that has the consistency of frogspawn and sausages that resemble boiled dikks and taste of nothing but copious amounts of garlic. A country that reveres Mr bean and Benny hill needs some serious help.
    Life isnt like a box of chocolates, its like a bag of pic n mix.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,973
    Imagine going to a Country where they serve food as they prefer it.
    The horror!
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Serious Cat
    Serious Cat Posts: 489
    http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=mIEb3t0jm_U

If you need a good reason to hate this French watch this video by French guy facades :|
    This serious internet site..............I serious cat
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    I love the French. Endearingly random people...
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,089
    The French make up lots and lots of rules, probably more than us but the difference is they just don't bother abiding by them.

Why should they be polite to the ignorant, obsequious, subordinate, doff your cap Rost Biff who don't even try to fit in with any other culture or speak the language?

Thierry Henry
    Henry Laconte
    Bernard Hinault
    Venessa Paradis
    Chateux Neuf du Pape
    Nuits San Georges
    Les Patisserie el la Boulangerie
    Lingerie !
    Les Alps
    Le Grand Boucle
    Le Massif Central
    Proper protests
    Filet Mignon
    Chateaux Briand
    Pate
    Mavic
    French Women..ooh la la
    Paris
    La Louvre
    La Centre Pompidou
    Franck Ribery
    Nesquik Chocolat
    Lace
    Matisse, Toulouse Lautrec, Degas, Cezanne, Monet, Renoir...
    Themroc! 400 Blows, Le Cop, Jean De Florette, Manon Des Source, Delicatessen. Flick Flack !
    The Prix Du L'Arc De Triomphe
    Tigana
    Papin
    Sauvants (Disliked here in blighty)
    etcetera etcetera...

BTW Stevo. Plasic Bertrand is Belgian :wink:
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Matthewfalle
    VTech wrote:
    I dislike the fact that they have to be different and refuse to speak English in open events. The World Cup, the Olympics and the Eurovision.
    Add to that the fact the gendarmes will be waiting for us as we leave the uk next month and it really adds to the fact that me and the French don't get on. Yes I know, I'm taking on a whole nation now !!

Why should they speak English a) at all and b) during the World Cup, Olympics and Eurovision? The former two are sporting events so they play sport and the latter is a singing event so it involves singing. Generally in your native tongue.

I presume then that you'll be boycotting Le Tour as well then?

Plus ca change ..........

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,129
    i quite enjoy their staunch resistance to the onslaught of american culture - which is what they are resisting, rather than anything to do with the uk and english

investment in science and technology as well as the arts, lovely crusty bread, cheese, champagne, excellent scenery and roads to cycle through it on, plus a wide range of interesting cakes

strong unions and the government avoid the rape and pillage of rights, and in spite of it they are more productive than the british, i've got some french guys working for me, they're great

vive la france!
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo_666
    BTW Stevo. Plasic Bertrand is Belgian :wink:
    I know, I thought I'd see who spotted that one first :D Anyhow he speaks French so he's still Johnny foreigner :wink:
  • Stevo_666
    Why should they be polite to the ignorant, obsequious, subordinate, doff your cap Rost Biff who don't even try to fit in with any other culture or speak the language?
    Well they should be polite to us - after all we bailed them out in the last two World Wars. Otherwise they'd be speaking German and eating sauerkraut.

Here's a handy history of French military successes :)
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/library/jokes/bljokefrenchmilitaryhistory.htm
  • Crankbrother
    Crankbrother Posts: 1,695
    If that's the case Stevo, maybe we should start observing American spellings and pronunciations ... They've saved our donkeys more than once ...
  • Stevo_666
    If that's the case Stevo, maybe we should start observing American spellings and pronunciations ... They've saved our donkeys more than once ...
    I never said the French had to speak English. Although with the Yanks, we get an exemption as the former owners of the USA :)
  • Matthewfalle
    But surely we are owned by the US as we slavishly adhere to their culture (music, films, tv, literature, art), clothes, language, military backing and currency?

I'm sure there may even be a loan or two between the US and UK governments in there.

Plus ca change, eh ............................

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    I never said the French had to speak English. Although with the Yanks, we get an exemption as the former owners of the USA :)

We only had bits of it, and seeing as most of the USA was under French or Spanish rule at the time of the revolution, we should get a fee for them using it.
This discussion has been closed.