Max Clifford

MattC59
MattC59 Posts: 5,408
edited May 2014 in The bottom bracket
Is anyone really surprised ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-27192600
Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved

Comments

• ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    A bit surprised, yes.
    Not because I don't regard Clifford as a sleazeball, but because of the debacle of Yewtree and the 'batting average' of the CPS.
  • Absolutely love Clifford. I've met him a few times now and he's wonderful company...
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    I don't think its surprising that he did it, I think its surprising that they actually manage to obtain the convictions. After all, they seem to have massively failed with everyone else, and you would have thought that old Maxey bot would have enough dirt on everyone to have made sure that nothing ever got through the initial CPS reviews .....

I've actually worked on his car.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Absolutely love Clifford. I've met him a few times now and he's wonderful company...
    :lol:
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    seanoconn wrote:
    Absolutely love Clifford. I've met him a few times now and he's wonderful company...

But how does he compare to Tyson, that's what I want to know, I heard he's a thoroughly nice chap.
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • nathancom
    nathancom Posts: 1,567
    arran77 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

But how does he compare to Tyson, that's what I want to know, I heard he's a thoroughly nice chap.
    He's a good chap but not as great as Paul Walker RIP
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228

• slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,474

So I take it you yourself were groomed and exploited leading to your forum moniker?

Did Maxy put you on the road to stardom after :wink:
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • max-clifford-robert-murat.png
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • simonhead
    simonhead Posts: 1,399
    He wont be parked illegally in Weybridge anymore one assumes??
    Life isnt like a box of chocolates, its like a bag of pic n mix.
  • simonhead wrote:

Not for the next few years I would imagine….
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • natrix
    natrix Posts: 1,111
    The papers seem to think that he'll get up to two years, so he'll probably be out in a year.
    ~~~~~~Sustrans - Join the Movement~~~~~~
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    simonhead wrote:

no, but people will be illegally parked in him............. :)
  • natrix wrote:
    The papers seem to think that he'll get up to two years, so he'll probably be out in a year.

Yes, but probably with an arsehole the size of a Wizards sleave.
    If I know you, and I like you, you can borrow my bike box for £30 a week. PM for details.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,208
    Can you actually have an arsehole in an arsehole?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    natrix wrote:

At least he'll have a story to sell to the papers when he gets out.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • diplodicus
    diplodicus Posts: 711
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    natrix wrote:

At least he'll have a story to sell to the papers when he gets out.

Kiss and tell? :D
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    diplodicus wrote:
    Kiss and tell? :D
    More like bend and tell.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Just his bad luck that there isn't some sort of media guru type around who knows about getting celebs off this kind of rap.......
    Faster than a tent.......
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    I love the fact that a few chose bad taste over decency, I guess thats why they don't turn left ;)

Anyway, now that he has been found guilty I think it fair game to throw sticks at him, you see, I've never changed my stance on these situations, we have a law and should stick to it.
    Innocent until proven guilty and now he has been proven guilty he deserves all that comes to him. We (the public) should not hear about claims until AFTER court as that is the DECENT thing to do, there have been plenty of innocent people wrongly accused and lets not forget that the last man hanged in England was in fact innocent !!

I am surprised he was found guilty, as mentioned above, operation yew tree has been a huge failure and will be the sole reason many offenders will never be bought to justice or even if they are, will never been found guilty.

Anyway, I've got to get packing, got a long journey ahead of me.
    Living MY dream.
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    VTech wrote:
    Anyway, I've got to get packing, got a long journey ahead of me.

Where you off to?
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    VTech wrote:
    I love the fact that a few chose bad taste over decency

As opposed to the subject of the thread to chose to lie to and assault minors?
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Pross wrote:
    I think this is an arsehole in a c*nt...
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    VTech wrote:
    We (the public) should not hear about claims until AFTER court as that is the DECENT thing to do, there have been plenty of innocent people wrongly accused and lets not forget that the last man hanged in England was in fact innocent !!
    There was a very interesting bit on the radio a while ago with the police chief for Bristol/Gloucester, can't quite remember where it was, and alandlord wrongly accused of murdering a girl. The guy had been torn apart by the press and his life had been made a misery, but he was innocent. The point the police chief was making was that in these types of cases there are often victims that have not come forward for a variety of reasons and once one accusation has become public others may find the courage to come forward. I guess due to the high profiles of the people involved and the time period it has been exceptionally difficult in the Yewtree cases. The man that had been falsely accused agreed with the police in principle, although he was obviously unhappy about the way he had been treated by the press.
    It's an impossible situation where you can be damned if you do and damned if you don't. I'm glad I'm not the one that has to make the decision as to wether or not to name and shame someone who may turn out to be innocent.
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,474
    Its too simplistic to level failings at the Police for Yewtree.

The police will investigate and then refer the matter to the CPS who then decide if the evidence warrants a prosecution. Damned if you prosecute and damned if you don't.

You then have a jury trial and defendants who have the means to buy the best legal defence team. It seems if you are in the public eye your trial will be elongated to the ends of time. Jury selection and quality are woeful with the threshold seemingly set just above "learning difficulties" for a person to qualify.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • VTech
    Veronese68 wrote:
    VTech wrote:
    We (the public) should not hear about claims until AFTER court as that is the DECENT thing to do, there have been plenty of innocent people wrongly accused and lets not forget that the last man hanged in England was in fact innocent !!
    There was a very interesting bit on the radio a while ago with the police chief for Bristol/Gloucester, can't quite remember where it was, and alandlord wrongly accused of murdering a girl. The guy had been torn apart by the press and his life had been made a misery, but he was innocent. The point the police chief was making was that in these types of cases there are often victims that have not come forward for a variety of reasons and once one accusation has become public others may find the courage to come forward. I guess due to the high profiles of the people involved and the time period it has been exceptionally difficult in the Yewtree cases. The man that had been falsely accused agreed with the police in principle, although he was obviously unhappy about the way he had been treated by the press.
    It's an impossible situation where you can be damned if you do and damned if you don't. I'm glad I'm not the one that has to make the decision as to wether or not to name and shame someone who may turn out to be innocent.

Im not sure that this would deter people, I would say that once a conviction is placed, it would give people more of a willing to come forward knowing they stand more chance of being believed. I am not saying my way is the only way and it should be so. I just worry about those wrongly accused and we must do everything possible to at least try and get the right result every time.

coriordan wrote:
    VTech wrote:
    I love the fact that a few chose bad taste over decency

As opposed to the subject of the thread to chose to lie to and assault minors?

Two wrongs don't make a right. I wouldn't burgle the guy who burgled my house a few years ago simply to "get him back"
    His punishment came from the courts with my assistance and justice was done.
    Living MY dream.
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    Garry H wrote:
    Pross wrote:
    I think this is an arsehole in a c*nt...

he was in hospital today for an @rshole transplant....

but the @rsehole rejected him
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • veronese68
    VTech wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    VTech wrote:

Im not sure that this would deter people, I would say that once a conviction is placed, it would give people more of a willing to come forward knowing they stand more chance of being believed. I am not saying my way is the only way and it should be so. I just worry about those wrongly accused and we must do everything possible to at least try and get the right result every time.
    I do have some sympathy with your point of view, unfortunately there is no easy answer. If you wait until after a conviction to publicise, a guilty person may get through the net that could have been proven beyond doubt if other victims had come forward. If you announce it before the trial you may accuse an innocent person in public causing them to be vilified. Whichever way we go there will be some wrongs, as I said I'm glad it's a decision I don't have to make.
  • VTech
    Veronese68 wrote:
    VTech wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    VTech wrote:

I do have some sympathy with your point of view, unfortunately there is no easy answer. If you wait until after a conviction to publicise, a guilty person may get through the net that could have been proven beyond doubt if other victims had come forward. If you announce it before the trial you may accuse an innocent person in public causing them to be vilified. Whichever way we go there will be some wrongs, as I said I'm glad it's a decision I don't have to make.

I agree, the problem is that there is no perfect answer I guess.

I think it time I explained why I feel the way I do in order to allow people to understand my point of view.
    I had a house in Frankley, Just by Longbridge, Birmingham and a guy who I didn't know was wrongly accused of being a Pedo. He suffered attacks for 2 years until he was killed and his son beat to a pulp.

He had never done anything wrong other than give the local kids sweats.
    As I said, I didn't know him but a family destroyed because of Chinese whispers.
    Living MY dream.
  • veronese68
    VTech wrote:
    [I agree, the problem is that there is no perfect answer I guess.

I think it time I explained why I feel the way I do in order to allow people to understand my point of view.
    I had a house in Frankley, Just by Longbridge, Birmingham and a guy who I didn't know was wrongly accused of being a Pedo. He suffered attacks for 2 years until he was killed and his son beat to a pulp.

He had never done anything wrong other than give the local kids sweats.
    As I said, I didn't know him but a family destroyed because of Chinese whispers.
    As you say, unfortunately there is no perfect answer and that is appalling.
    That's the worst case scenario at one extreme, the worst case at the other extreme unfortunately could have a similar outcome. Although for very different reasons.
    Is the story true about a paediatrician being hounded out of his house due to the ignorant not knowing the difference between a doctor and a sex offender. Unfortunately people that get the lynch mob mentality are often not the sharpest tools in the box.