15678911»

Comments

• Can't say they weren't warned

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... Rp758#t=92

"What the plan of attack?"
    "The plan is not to attack"

:lol:

(via Inner Ring)

ETA - Reminds me of Mourinho's word to the Chelsea team IIRC before the FA Cup final against Man U....."You can enjoy the match or enjoy the celebration after the match."

I wasn't a big fan of Gerrans winning but I enjoyed that.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Unashamed wheel sucker!

Funny face and accent he has. Quite endearing.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    Great watch. Bedlam in the cars.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • adr82
    adr82 Posts: 4,002
    Can't say they weren't warned

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... Rp758#t=92

"What the plan of attack?"
    "The plan is not to attack"

:lol:

(via Inner Ring)

ETA - Reminds me of Mourinho's word to the Chelsea team IIRC before the FA Cup final against Man U....."You can enjoy the match or enjoy the celebration after the match."
    Did she say "Ween-dog" at ~4:38 or am I hearing things? Are -dog nicknames catching on?
  • shazzz
    shazzz Posts: 1,077
    The ween dog has an aussie accent!

And Gerrans still hasn't downed that beer....
  • Why is he wearing a Movistar hat? :wink:
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    The Dan Martin sip in on Watts/Zapp already!
  • andyrr
    andyrr Posts: 1,822
    IMG_3001.jpg

Sky at the team presentation. See every other team properly represented. I hope they get fined.
    http://www.steephill.tv/2014/liege-bast ... s/page-02/

Check out Pozzo:
    IMG_3031.jpg

What the, in the words of Dan Martin the 'Clucking Bell' has this got to do with the L-B-L race from Sunday ??
    I deliberately avoided this thread until now as I didn't get a chance to watch the race live or even the full race recording I made to watch on the Sunday evening and having now perused it, to see, in the man, what the comments wrt Martin's last corner spill was I see this sort of crap.
    When a thread is titled Liège-Bastogne-Liège *spoiler thread* then surely it is the thread where one goes to discuss race itself. A bit of pre-race banter, who might win, where the attacks by the favourites etc might happen and then the race as it unfolded, through to some post-race analysis but for a number of comments just to be the continuation of personal and stupid playground battles with particular teams or individuals is a little sad and really, if you want to do this, then open a new thread titles something like, oh , I don't know, "Team SKY and why they shouldn't be allowed to race except in English 10 mile TTs"
    Don't continually infect so many racing-related threads with often childish comments aimed at your enemies of racing with panache, it gets tiring.
  • frenchfighter
    You should not have wasted your time with that 'contribution' to this thread. I will continue posting as I see fit. My contribution to the forum has been weighed and is good, thanks for the concern though.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • andyrr
    andyrr Posts: 1,822
    You should not have wasted your time with that 'contribution' to this thread. I will continue posting as I see fit. My contribution to the forum has been weighed and is good, thanks for the concern though.

Not sure what that means - it has been 'weighed and is good ' ? Never mind, I'll not bother reading your any of your comments from now on, will save me getting antagonised. Sometimes you are relatively lucid and post some good information but on balance I can do without. Not a problem.
  • frenchfighter
    Ok understood. The block function is accessed via: User Control Panel > Friends & Foes.
    I currently have 20 names listed there.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Ok understood. The block function is accessed via: User Control Panel > Friends & Foes.
    I currently have 20 names listed there.

You've unblocked a few recently then?
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Crozza
    Crozza Posts: 991
    Check out Pozzo:
    IMG_3031.jpg

I always thought Pozzo was small, but Arredondo looked even smaller on t' telly when they made their break
  • frenchfighter
    Crozza wrote:
    I always thought Pozzo was small, but Arredondo looked even smaller on t' telly when they made their break

pozarr_zps56a29cb1.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    Very sad. I saw the photo of the incident and it was not nice.
    A crash involving a moto photographer from La Gazzetta dello Sport at Liege-Bastogne-Liege on Sunday has left the moto pilot, Koen Hadens, in intensive care with a cerebral haemorrhage.

The incident occured with about 100km to go in the race when a van ferrying VIP guests allegedly braked suddenly, causing the moto to hit the van from behind. The photographer, Luca Bettini, suffered only bruising but Hadens’ condition is far more serious.

Luca Bettini wrote the following of the incident (which has been translated via Google Translate):

It was a stretch of straight road, and braking of the truck was really inexplicable, because we were going up. I saw the whole scene and I put my hands in front of the face to protect me, before I felt thrown from the bike.
    Koen has remained on the tarmac for too many minutes before the ambulance arrived, because we were in front of the race. It’s almost before the helicopter ambulance: the group is paraded around us and Koen was always there at the roadside Pray with me that my friend Koen will recover.

http://www.gazzetta.it/Ciclismo/27-04-2 ... 2747.shtml
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,163
    The VIP cars are a menace in races. The rest of the convoy know how to behave in what is an inherently dangerous environment but the VIP vehicles seem to be driven at times by people with no experience in a race convoy. Despite their title they are the least important part of the convoy and shouldn't be doing anything that risks the safety of others. I know races need the money but I'd be glad to see them banned.
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    Pross wrote:
    The VIP cars are a menace in races. The rest of the convoy know how to behave in what is an inherently dangerous environment but the VIP vehicles seem to be driven at times by people with no experience in a race convoy. Despite their title they are the least important part of the convoy and shouldn't be doing anything that risks the safety of others. I know races need the money but I'd be glad to see them banned.

The races, the sponsors themselves as its a biggie for special client hospitality...

Mind you, the teams themselves arent beyond reproach. At P-R, a Cannondale car pulled out of the convoy without any warning / looking properly, and took out Sam Bewley. 2 broken bones in his hand
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • dsoutar
    dsoutar Posts: 1,746
    Not forgetting the 2011 Tour where there were two crashes; the accident involving J-A Flecha and Johnny Hoogerland with a French TV car and the Getty Images motorbike incident that took out Sorensen
  • dsoutar
    dsoutar Posts: 1,746
    An alternative way of doing it. Maybe this is what's needed to spice this race up, make the teams use these

http://www.steephill.tv/players/youtube ... BU&yr=2014