Tour of Turkey 2014, April 27-May 4 *spoiler thread*

Comments

• frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Lol.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,560
    According to MTNQhebeka twitter Kudus had "a big crash before the neutralisation". Suffered big cuts and legs but still in the race.
  • dsoutar
    dsoutar Posts: 1,746
    Kirby: "Adam Hansen is a bit of a brute at 75kg"

That must put me somewhere in the Godzilla bit of the weight scale then ;-)
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    A Torku goes on the attack up the climb. My feed is too poor so I cannot see if he is in the big ring though.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • dsoutar
    A Torku goes on the attack up the climb. My feed is too poor so I cannot see if he is in the big ring though.

Don't fret its not a repeat of last time
  • frenchfighter
    Bos got dropped on that climb. So not much competition for Cavendish unless Greipel feels up to a big sprint (he is certainly being led out).

5km
    Contador is the Greatest
  • dsoutar
    5km to go

Sprint teams massing but odds on Cav as many sprinters dropped on last climb
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    This will end in crashes.
  • dsoutar
    OPQS bossing it
  • dsoutar
    Perfect lead out Cav wins
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    Easy.

Renshaw gets all his best finishes as a leadout man.
  • dsoutar
    Renshaw 3rd tells you how dominant OPQS were at the end
  • frenchfighter
    Very easy for Cavendish. Would expect nothing less tbh given it is a small race with little to no competition (Greipel didnt sprint) and he basically could have free wheeled the win given where his team dropped him.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • above_the_cows
    Easy for Cav.

OPQS are really getting their act together at last.
  • frenchfighter
    I only even recognize three names in the top ten.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    HTC-like
  • dsoutar
    Richeze Lampre second
  • above_the_cows
    HTC-like

Wasn't it! Me like.
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,470
    Im not sure that this race shows anything about OPQS. At the giro last year people were getting excited about Steegmans as a lead out guy when the reality was that there was no sprint competition. Same goes for Nibali in the giro GC.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • Art Vandelay
    Art Vandelay Posts: 1,982
    What this thread needs is more talk about Team Sky. Where are they in this race? Haven't placed a single rider in the top 10 in any of the stages or the GC. Light weight.
  • gpreeves
    gpreeves Posts: 454
    HTC-like

Wasn't it! Me like.

I became quite nostalgic watching it and ended up watching Chasing Legends again. Not sure we can draw too many conclusions given the occasion and opposition however.
  • frenchfighter
    Contador is the Greatest
  • above_the_cows
    gpreeves wrote:
    HTC-like

Wasn't it! Me like.

I became quite nostalgic watching it and ended up watching Chasing Legends again. Not sure we can draw too many conclusions given the occasion and opposition however.

Agree about not drawing conclusions, but they were still considerably better than anything from last year. They actually had a train that was able to well be a train for more than 30 seconds. Let's see how they fair against a Lotto team bringing their A-game and Giant Shimano...
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    My Eurosport recorded snooker instead so I missed all of this.
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    ^were you snookered? :P
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    Paul 8v wrote:
    My Eurosport recorded snooker instead so I missed all of this.

Snooker in Turkey, they wouldn't be a@sed...
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,557

Greipel looks extremely lean. He's still big and muscular for a cyclist but doesn't look like he's got an ounce of body fat.
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    gpreeves wrote:
    HTC-like
    Wasn't it! Me like.
    Agree about not drawing conclusions, but they were still considerably better than anything from last year. They actually had a train that was able to well be a train for more than 30 seconds. Let's see how they fair against a Lotto team bringing their A-game and Giant Shimano...
    1st race they have their lead team with Cavendish for training purposes. :idea:
    Coming along nicely I would have thought.
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • frenchfighter
    Futile break of:
    Krizek (CAN), Boem (BAR), Ferrari (CJR), Norris (DPC),Van Niekerk (MTN),De Maar (UHC), Sijmens (WGG), Pozzo,Tedeschi (NRI)

Have 2mins at 60km.

Flat flat flat. Cav to win and notch another small win is almost certain given there is no competition. Would be nice if Greipel is up to it.
    Contador is the Greatest