Gent-Wevelgem *Spoiler*

Comments

• frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Sky rider well and truly in the ditch and not moving.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Bunched right back up now, off the gas.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,816
    edited March 2014
    Sky rider in the ditch! Looks very bad
    It's possibly Stannard
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Unidentified Sky rider disappears into a ditch
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • frenchfighter
    Doesnt look good but he is moving now.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    Pinarello at the side of the road there - Sky rider down in the ditch.
  • Ellingworth rather optimistically getting a bike ready

@gietvangent
  • frenchfighter
    Stannard I think.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    Hope he recovers for Roubaix - not good to crash twice in two races.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Commentators thought Stannard but weren't sure.

@gietvangent
  • RonB
    NetApp rider, Voss I think managed to get going again. No chance for Stannard though - hope its not too serious.
  • frenchfighter
    Shit yeah its him. Hit Seiberg's wheel I think.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • RonB wrote:
    NetApp rider, Voss I think managed to get going again. No chance for Stannard though - hope its not too serious.

Definitely him then?

@gietvangent
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,816
    edited March 2014
    Definitely Stannard again. (this year's Thomas) Lotto rider took the blame, I think.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • RonB
    Tickers saying so fwiw.
  • frenchfighter
    Km to go, Name, Length, Average, Max
    48 Banelberg 0.2 km 9.7 % 20 %
    40 Kemmelberg 0.5 km 11 % 17.8
    36 Montelberg 0.7 km 6.1 % 8 %
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Jonny Hoogerland at the front, must be getting serious

@gietvangent
  • Traffic island chaos there.

@gietvangent
  • RonB
    Just seen a clip of Stannard in the ditch. While he was in no hurry to get out, the way he was holding his weight, both arms out straight, did not suggest a collar bone injury. Fingers crossed for April.
  • frenchfighter
    Last 4km of last year to remind you of Sagan's strength:
    http://www.rtbf.be/video/detail_la-vict ... id=1809760
    Contador is the Greatest
  • MTN bringing Ciolek to the front

@gietvangent
  • RonB
    Grivko, Mondory and Parrinello have caught up with Dillier who are between the leading group and the peloton. Only around a minute between each.
  • RonB wrote:
    Grivko, Mondory and Parrinello have caught up with Dillier who are between the leading group and the peloton. Only around a minute between each.

Think its a minute from front 4 to the peloton.

@gietvangent
  • That canadian memorial is crazy, they tell you not to step off the paths as there's hunnards of unexploded shells under the ground.

@gietvangent
  • RonB
    Cheers, you're right, then its 40" between G1 and G2.

Must be close to the hills for the second time around, starting with the Baneberg.
  • Goss throwing up at the back of the peloton!

@gietvangent
  • I love the positional fight on these little roads.

Can't wait to get out that way next weekend.

@gietvangent
  • RonB
    edited March 2014
    Boaro gets a nice moto tow for a while and attacks up the Baneberg.

From CN ticker: Marcel Seiberg (Lotto Belisol) gets a wheel change from a teammate. He is a vital lead out man for Greipel and will fight to get back on.
  • cal_stewart
    cal_stewart Posts: 1,840
    Any feeds not on Eurosport here
    eating parmos since 1981

Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Aero 09
    Cervelo P5 EPS
    www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=13038799
  • RonB
    edited March 2014