Gent-Wevelgem *Spoiler*

Comments

• Watching Sporza on tv.
    Also live feeds here:
    http://www.bvls2013.com/stream2.html

Stannard bike change

You might be able to help me out here... Is Sporza on Telenet or Belgacom? This is of vital importance as I need to make a decision on one or the other this week
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    Just switched on and it looked like half the field were heading up someones drive :D

… and was that Paolini heading off-road for a while, Inrng will be upset about that!
  • RonB
    Just about to get to some of the hills with around 100km to go. There is a leading group of five and they have 7'11" on the main group.

The five are Manuele Boaro (Tinkoff-Saxo), Sebastian Lander (BMC) Marcel Aregger (IAM Cycling), Jacobus Venter (MTN-Qhubeka) and Frederik Veuchelen (Wanty-Groupe Gobert).
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    36km from the final Berg to the finish..... :roll:
    Contador is the Greatest
  • RonB
    Lotto should be happy with the selection. Such a small group out front will mean that teams such as Cannondale, FDJ, OPQS, OGE, Garmin and Sky will have to help with closing the gap later on.
  • frenchfighter
    RonB wrote:
    Lotto should be happy with the selection. Such a small group out front will mean that teams such as Cannondale, FDJ, OPQS, OGE, Garmin and Sky will have to help with closing the gap later on.

Lotto are a bit of a disgrace to the Belgium cycling spirit imo.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • 36km from the final Berg to the finish..... :roll:

Not all races are the same. You've got RVV next weekend for that.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • RonB
    Playing to their strength (Greipel) I guess given the parcours. I thought they gave a good account of themselves at MSR with him in mind and he didn't miss out by much in the end. It will be interesting to see if they change tactics in April though.
  • Little attack from Stannard... not fully commited, I don't think

@gietvangent
  • Cancellara saying he has no ambitions today

"I get over it and I go home"

Lightweight.

@gietvangent
  • RonB
    Active peloton just before the Baneberg, this is where positioning is important, but everyone is on the ascent without a spill.

Kemmelberg is next. Lead cut back to 4' in no time.
  • OOF!

Highspeed crash in the peloton running in towards the Kemmelberg.

@gietvangent
  • Ventoso clips the wheel infront, wobbles, slides across the road and cleans out an FDJ rider who goes head over heels through the air.

@gietvangent
  • The fight for the first 20 places is as good as the climb!

@gietvangent
  • RonB
    Is Lander (BMC) still there with the other four guys? I didn't see him in that last shot.
  • Boonen and Canc having a little test of each other both sitting on the front up the Kemmelberg

@gietvangent
  • frenchfighter
    Boonen leads them up with Fabu 2nd wheel.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • RonB wrote:
    Is Lander (BMC) still there with the other four guys? I didn't see him in that last shot.

Got dropped on the climb I think

@gietvangent
  • RonB
    Goss swops bikes with a teammate on the hill. Not a good place for a mech there.
  • Goss gone already, getting a bike from a teammate half way up the Kemmel

@gietvangent
  • RonB
    RonB wrote:

Got dropped on the climb I think

Cheers... looks like he just managed to get back on.
  • RonB
    edited March 2014
    Riders really strung out after the climb, usually a good sign that they've upped the pace somewhat. At the same time Boaro (Saxo) feels its time to push on up front and solo from the leading group
  • Bram Tankink having a little go too

@gietvangent
  • frenchfighter
    Did anyone replace VANDENBERGH?
    Contador is the Greatest
  • RonB wrote:
    Riders really strung out after the climb, usually a good sign that they've upped the pace somewhat. At the same time Boaro (Saxo) feels its time to push on up front and solo from the leading group

Taken the Belgian guy with him

@gietvangent
  • frenchfighter
    I wish the director would stop showing these no-name riders in the break and show us the action in the peloton.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Did anyone replace VANDENBERGH?

Don't believe so, think it was a last minute decision. Sporza didn't note if anybody had.

@gietvangent
  • RonB
    That last attack at the front has dropped Lander again. Lead down to 2' now with 70km to go. Expect some speculative attacking from the peloton now.
  • Peloton take one look at Sylvain Dillier burying himself and decide he's welcome to it.

@gietvangent
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    Watching Sporza on tv.
    Also live feeds here:
    http://www.bvls2013.com/stream2.html

Stannard bike change

You might be able to help me out here... Is Sporza on Telenet or Belgacom? This is of vital importance as I need to make a decision on one or the other this week
    Sporza is not a separate channel, it's the sports programs on 'Canvas', the 2nd VRT Flemish public broadcasting channel - I'd assume everyone in Belgium gets it. 'Een' is the first channel, 'Canvas' the 2nd, like BBC 1 and 2.