Gent-Wevelgem *Spoiler*

Comments

• calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    Next time I pick Farrar for ptp can some come round my house and kick me in the face

Only after they've been around mine.

Strava is not Zen.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Degenkolb
    Demare
    Sagan
    Sep
    Boonen
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    Big John Degenkolb was an untimely foot-of-the-Poggio puncture away from contending at MSR. Formidable performer; for a team of squeaky-clean Sunday School teachers.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • cal_stewart
    cal_stewart Posts: 1,840
    It's made worst by the fact I was going Big john after cav pulled out and for some reason I thought farrar's going well he's due one.
    eating parmos since 1981

Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Aero 09
    Cervelo P5 EPS
    www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=13038799
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,878
    Lotto Belisol ‏@Lotto_Belisol · 4m
    Probably broken collarbone for @AndreGreipel! More news later. #GW
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    Bennet was 12th. Another solid result
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    My calls were Van Avermaet and Van Marcke. With regard toi the latter it is all about the Belkin obsession I seem to have formed this season.

Not a brilliant race but ok
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,741
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Crampeur
    Crampeur Posts: 1,065
    Apparently Devolder's dad met him after the race today for a motorpacing session. After racing 233km.
  • frenchfighter
    Crampeur wrote:
    Apparently Devolder's dad met him after the race today for a motorpacing session. After racing 233km.

Dedication. Nice. Good luck to him - a strong rider with an attacking spirit even if he hasn't been great since:
    2008_tour_of_flanders_stijn_devolder_wins.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • tailwindhome
    Bj_H8FKCYAIbJ2V.jpg
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Stannard in hospital overnight, some kind of back injury.

Geraint not badly hurt.

Wiggins pulled a muscle frowning and trying to invent a new swear word when he heard he might get called up for the Ronde.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • frenchfighter
    Amount of crashes are shocking in these races this year. Smaller fields would help. DSs not shouting to move the protected rider up before the next berg would also help. Though lots of them have happened on wide open roads and by no means have all been on the fringes.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Amount of crashes are shocking in these races this year. Smaller fields would help. DSs not shouting to move the protected rider up before the next berg would also help. Though lots of them have happened on wide open roads and by no means have all been on the fringes.

Riders don't need DS"s to know they need to move up before the climbs. That would happen anyway.

Being a chipper, the course isn't really that selective so you end up with big groups and that makes for dangerous race.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • tailwindhome
    816662.jpg

After the race, Doctor Phil Riley was able to shed some light on Team Sky's casualties, but admitted it would take more time for the full extent of the riders' injuries to be known.

He said: "CJ [Sutton] has a nasty flesh wound to his left knee which has been cleaned and dressed and he’s going to fly home to Spain and have it reassessed in a few days’ time.

"Ian has had CT scans which have confirmed a back injury. He will stay in hospital on tonight and will also be reassessed tomorrow before we decide whether or not he has to go home.

"Geraint is fine. Our physiotherapist Nathan Thomas checked him over after the race and G also confirmed that to me over the phone."

Read more at http://www.teamsky.com/article/0,27290, ... 80V1wu2.99
  • ademort
    ademort Posts: 1,924
    ThIs photographer must be nuts. see the link. http://www.hln.be/hln/nl/9091/Time-out/ ... lijf.dhtml
    ademort
    Chinarello, record and Mavic Cosmic Sl
    Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
    Giant Defy 4
    Mirage Columbus SL
    Batavus Ventura
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,511
    iainf72 wrote:

Riders don't need DS"s to know they need to move up before the climbs. That would happen anyway.

I think the difference these days* is that riders look to move up as a team rather than as individuals, so instead of 10 contenders getting to the front, you have 10 contenders and their teams trying to get there which is basically the whole peloton and makes for a mess.

*"These days" is used without any science, and without doubt, and in common with its typical usage, it is likely nothing has actually changed with time, but instead that rose-tinted glasses are being worn.
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,511
    ademort wrote:
    ThIs photographer must be nuts. see the link. http://www.hln.be/hln/nl/9091/Time-out/ ... lijf.dhtml

media_xll_6618633.jpg
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,439
    TheBigBean wrote:
    ademort wrote:

media_xll_6618633.jpg

is that curly watts?

http://coronationstreet.wikia.com/wiki/Curly_Watts
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • ademort
    ademort Posts: 1,924
    FWIW at the bottom of the article the reporter is asking anybody who knows the identity of the photographer to get in touch.
    ademort
    Chinarello, record and Mavic Cosmic Sl
    Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
    Giant Defy 4
    Mirage Columbus SL
    Batavus Ventura
  • frenchfighter
    Very selfish, unnecessary and dangerous.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    SPTDW8362-293x440.jpg

devolder_zpsc897f101.jpg
    SPTDW8202.jpg
    SPTDW8031.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    Searing energy in these head on sprinters shots. Bit like the original:

lastsupp.jpg
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,217
    TheBigBean wrote:
    ademort wrote:

media_xll_6618633.jpg

There's some serious head cases in the world. No doubt he would have tried to sue if they'd ridden over him!
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,243
    Boonen rode another. 60-100km afterwards.

Belgians think he's got a chance. I don't.

They're pleased he was so p!ssed off after his 5 the because it shows how good he was feeling.
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    What happened to Griepel, I know he crashed obviously but Google translate did not like Dutch at all when I tried to convert it to English, was it to do with that photographer?
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    No i don't think he casued an issue - it just looks like he was trying his best to...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,069
    Tyler Farrar crashed, bringing Greipel and Geraint Thomas, down. Allegedly.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,217
    andyp wrote:
    Tyler Farrar crashed, bringing Greipel and Geraint Thomas, down. Allegedly.

They should have stormed the Garmin bus to have a word with him.