• ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Not taking drugs?
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    ddraver wrote:
    Putting cycling aside for a moment, it could be a very interesting insight into evoloution. Following @TakeThatDarwin on twitter reveals a whole load of idio..erm...people asking for "proof of the theory of evoloution". Well Colombians having different physiologies to Caucasions as a result of living at altitude would be an interesting one

I love Science!
    There's quite a bit about this in The Sports Gene, that book Iain told us all to read. It looks into three sets of peolle from altitude - Himalayans, Andeans and those from Kenyan Highlands. It showed that not only had they all evolved mechanisms for dealing with the thinner air, but each of the three had developed completely separate mechanisms.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    The Gazzetta first reported it. Sky then had to put out the pr.

I'm surprised you believed it as Gazetta reported it

Aren't they a "rag"?
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    iainf72 wrote:

Aren't they a "rag"?

I first heard it from the pr from Sky. I still hold the view that they put out a lot of unsubstantiated information!
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    ddraver wrote:
    Not taking drugs?

No need for compliance reviews.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    edited March 2014
    Macaloon wrote:
    ddraver wrote:
    Would you have the same opinon if the UCI had opened a passport case against Henao? Correct me if I'm wrong but I suspect if youre honest you'd be pouring hellfire on them for not picking it up in their internal investigations. Sky are dammed if they do and dammed if they don't. Maybe think about these things in a wider context and think what other teams do before beating them so harshly?

Nonsense. If the team was doing no more than their peers to monitor riders - the 'wider context' - what business do they have making claims to be cycling clean?

What basis do any teams have in claiming that they're cycling clean?

Fact is that when it comes down to it, no team management can monitor their riders 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to make sure they're not doing anything they shouldnt. Tough enough when they're all based in Europe during the season, but absolutely impossible when they're scattered across the world in the off-season. When it really really comes down to it, when it comes to an athlete taking a banned substance...you can be 99% confident they're clean, but to be 100% confident, well, really you'd have to be that athlete because only then can you be 100% sure what you have and havent put into your body.

What they can do is put in place a programme whereby all riders and support staff understand that doping will be not be tolerated, and you're out on your ear if you go down that road. And have in place a program whereby riders are not exposed to doping in any way, shape or form, within the team. And have a clean training programme to help riders progress and get results.

And then the next step is to monitor their values on a regular basis and bring in an independent WADA-accredited company, which is what Sky put in place from last autumn.

Seriously, Maca, I cant quite fathom why you're behaving like a kid who's just come downstairs on Christmas Eve and found their father eating the mince pie left out for Rudolph.
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 9,031
    ddraver wrote:
    That is the official version. It would be interesting to know whether Sky had been informed of any irregularities in the data or whether they realised that there were obvious irregularities which anti doping authorities would at least have their eye on.

That's not something we can know for sure of course, it just seems an unusual step to take a top rider out of competition for so long without any external pressure to do so on the basis of test results which the authorities were quite happy with.

Would you have the same opinon if the UCI had opened a passport case against Henao? Correct me if I'm wrong but I suspect if youre honest you'd be pouring hellfire on them for not picking it up in their internal investigations. Sky are dammed if they do and dammed if they don't. Maybe think about these things in a wider context and think what other teams do before beating them so harshly?

!

Hmmm, "pouring hellfire on them"! Just raising the plausible possibility that Sky suspending Henao from racing was a preemptive strike before the test results raised questions elsewhere - if indeed they hadn't already.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • ddraver
    Well ok, but I would presume in that case that the UCI would be hot on the heels of that press release with the annoncement of a biopassport case... I can't see him getting a free pass all of a sudden becasue Sky have pulled him out for a few months. You re slightly automatically assuming that this is a dodgy move, when the likliehood is that it's actually a genuine attempt to uncover doping by a team - as opposed to the usual excuses we get from teams when riders test positive.

After I finished Cycle of Lies, I ll read the Sports Gene i promise. ;)
    - @ddraver
  • rayjay
    rayjay Posts: 1,384
    Some poster's keep going on about how cycling has cleaned itself up yet the team with one of the strongest anti doping policys now have 2 riders and one ex rider all in trouble .

If Sky are going to have a no doping policy then they should at least make sure that their riders are not doping.

It's not working very well.
  • ddraver
    someone else explain it to him this time, i'm fed up of it...
    - @ddraver
  • Richmond Racer
    ddraver wrote:
    someone else explain it to him this time, i'm fed up of it...

Count me out. Utter waste of time.

Daniel Friebe's just RT'd this for the geeks amongst us

http://decaironman-training.com/2014/03 ... l-cycling/
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    Seriously, Maca, I cant quite fathom why you're behaving like a kid who's just come downstairs on Christmas Eve and found their father eating the mince pie left out for Rudolph.

Fair enough. How did you know about papa and Santa? I am mildly surprised - to say the least - that the no stone unturned approach to compliance came up with seminars as the answer till winter 2013/14. That's banking sector 'compliance'.

Now where' that Easter bunny?
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,450
    Is that the best he could come up with?

Poor trolling technique, 3/10.
  • Richmond Racer
    Macaloon wrote:

Fair enough. How did you know about papa and Santa? I am mildly surprised - to say the least - that the no stone unturned approach to compliance came up with seminars as the answer till winter 2013/14. That's banking sector 'compliance'.

Now where' that Easter bunny?

C'mon then, I've got a choccie one*. Share it?

*WADA-compliant
  • ddraver
    Part of compliance is turning up when things look like they might turn wrong, and fixing them, before they actually DO go wrong. Is that not what has happened here?
    - @ddraver
  • rayjay
    rayjay Posts: 1,384
    Usual sort of responses from the same old Sky fan boys club. Ignorant and childish .

But the fact's are the facts and no amount of ignorance or avoidance of the truth by clumsy and childish reply's will alter the FACT that JTL and Heano are 2 Sky Riders for whom the anti doping policy has not worked.

Funny how they never had any bust's when the had Leinder's on the books.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    So JTL's blood values from before he joined team

Henao's over winter when he was in Colombia

Those are the facts
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • andyp
    You must be a grocer, rayjay, no?
  • longworn
    longworn Posts: 1
    Yeah there could be an explanation.....could be....

This is a post on - 'The challenge of monitoring 'altitude natives' i.e. Henao, in professional cycling

http://decaironman-training.com/2014/03 ... l-cycling/
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,710
    iainf72 wrote:

Aren't they a "rag"?

Not that I can find any link to it.
    Twitter?
    Nothing appeared on their site until well after Sky and a number
    of English language cycling sites, had spilled the beans.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    rayjay wrote:
    Usual sort of responses from the same old Sky fan boys club. Ignorant and childish .

But the fact's are the facts and no amount of ignorance or avoidance of the truth by clumsy and childish reply's will alter the FACT that JTL and Heano are 2 Sky Riders for whom the anti doping policy has not worked.

Jesus you're like tinnitus in writing.

No-one wants to engage with you because you are such a polarised tw@t. there can never be meaningful discussion on drug taking with you around because you want to harp on about Sky when most people here don't give a sh!t about them but do give a sh!t about how you manage to pull everything down to some institutional doping conspiracy on their part. I personally don't care that much about Sky.

You were banned and came back and for about a day were sensible now you're off on it again and crying to the mods when people out of frustration take the p!ss. there's stuff to be learned and shared but your interference is complete white noise.

I'm sick of you so from me (and this is not the opinion of the other tolerant members of this forum) just f*ck off.

Don't bother bellyaching to the mods I'm sure they'll pick up on this and I'll be banned. When/if I'm let back hopefully you'll have disappeared or been re-programmed.

Have a good classics season everyone.

YP
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • feltkuota
    feltkuota Posts: 333
    andyp wrote:
    You must be a grocer, rayjay, no?

Now that made me laugh... Well done sir
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,541
    Shall we start exploring what OPQS, BMC, Saxo etc do? Just so that we get a broad spectrum of practices? And the Aus, French and German track teams who dominated the recent Worlds?

They don't, to my mind*, bang on about being clean quite so much.

*and yes I hang around on a British forum so therefore get more exposure to Sky.
  • feltkuota
    feltkuota Posts: 333
    rayjay wrote:

No-one wants to engage with you because you are such a polarised tw@t. there can never be meaningful discussion on drug taking with you around because you want to harp on about Sky when most people here don't give a sh!t about them but do give a sh!t about how you manage to pull everything down to some institutional doping conspiracy on their part. I personally don't care that much about Sky.

You were banned and came back and for about a day were sensible now you're off on it again and crying to the mods when people out of frustration take the p!ss. there's stuff to be learned and shared but your interference is complete white noise.

I'm sick of you so from me (and this is not the opinion of the other tolerant members of this forum) just f*ck off.

Don't bother bellyaching to the mods I'm sure they'll pick up on this and I'll be banned. When/if I'm let back hopefully you'll have disappeared or been re-programmed.

YP

Before you go.. well said. I've got him on ignore but the function only works when I'm logged in!
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    rayjay wrote:

YP

I suspect nobody wants to engage with him/her due to the consistent and deliberate apostrophe abuse.

Strava is not Zen.
  • Richmond Racer
    UCI statement

http://www.uci.ch/Modules/ENews/ENewsDe ... LangId%3D1

Confirms it's the team taking action on the resutls of their own internal monitoring - not as the result of a UCI-instigated action
  • andyp
    For YP;

clap.gif
  • Richmond Racer
    andyp wrote:
    For YP;

clap.gif

YES!
  • ddraver
    rayjay = Predator

YP = The guy with the mini gun who stands on the log with the machete and cuts his chest so that the others can get away

Others = others
    - @ddraver
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    Regardless of who it was aimed at, and any ban, I'd like to say the following (if you came up with this) was brilliant comedy wording...

On another note, there will always be a small bunch of people who will like to categorise other people as Sky fans, and it is glaringly obvious just how often this is complete nonsense and is only said because it suits their own personal agenda. I've even had it levelled at on more than one occasion which I found hilarious as I've been known to post on here ribbing people I see poncing about in full team Sky kit (let alone the fact I have no team allegiances whatsoever).

If you get banned, which I suppose you will cos of some rule, I wouldn't worry about it, most people on here are pretty reasonable and light-hearted people. The ones that are prone to hissy-fits won't recognise the fact that your little rant was far from being one, but hey-ho, that's life.