Doping: Winners (and Losers)

1235»

Comments

• I can think of another loser... This forum recently.
    Correlation is not causation.

Hopefully things here will get back on an even keel once the season gets into full swing.

DD.

Hopefully things here will get back on an even keel once the season gets into full swing.

DD.

Fingers crossed.
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    I can think of another loser... This forum recently.
    Amen to that, hope all this silly b£llo£$s stops when the racing begins! Only 1 day left...
  • ^I believe it is already the 19th January in Oz land so I'm working on 0 days left.*

Hip, hip hurrah!

*Apologies to the Tropicale Amissa Bongo
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    Phil Liggett has to be a net loser.

I'm not sure why Liggett gets such a tough time.

He's a TV presenter - not really up to him to talk about doping
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,541
    Phil Liggett has to be a net loser.

I'm not sure why Liggett gets such a tough time.

He's a TV presenter - not really up to him to talk about doping

Exactly. So when he became Armstrong's spokesman (during the USADA stuff) a lot of people lost respect for him.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    The irony of winners and losers is that some of the dopers who had decent careers and didn't end up a wreck - and seemingly winners - were actually in part losers.

For example, George Hincapie has been cited as a winner - and he's certainly done. But Vaughters reckoned that with no doping he would have won far more than he did.

Similarly there is much to suggest that Valverde was genuinely one of the best talents of his generation, maybe the best - yet his achievements are, rightly, sullied. With no doping he may have been one of the greats.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • tonye_n
    tonye_n Posts: 832
    YAWWWN!!!